Am I the only one tired of instagibbing scat maxes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpeedFreakPS0NE, Apr 24, 2018.

1. JibbaJabba

I would say rarely. In most cases each opponent would have some other supporting players. What is the point?

I tried to be honest in my example. Please extend the same courtesy. It ain't 10 seconds to cross. It ain't gonna be CQC in place. The shield ain't gonna give you immunity. I pointed out the spots where an NC max would have an advantage and was honest. Now you're claiming they have no disadvantage? C'mon man.

I addressed this in my post as well. In most places where it is claimed that the NC has overwhelming superiority it doesn't. A TR or VS max would be just as effective. There are also places where yes, you do actually have to cross the room to reach an effective range.

5m is the instagib. 5m. That's about the length of a lightning tank. Use that measurement in you rmind... Park a lightning at C point in a biolab.... If you stand in dead center, everything is in instagib range. Try the same from the top of the big stairs... it's about 2-3 lightning lengths to the doors at the bottom. The TR/VS are better here.

Try it with other bases that you can imagine. C point at Quartz Ridge? Good luck NC Max! What about the B point at crossroads watchtower? AH! NC would be effective there! .... unfortunately you're going to have to walk through an outdoor battlefield to get there.

I swear I'm not trying to trick you man. The NC Max is not OP. Go play it for a bit and see.
  2. boomchacle

do you know what slugs are
  3. VhynSeven

Actually slugs don't help at range. CoF will make the slugs either hit or miss on a 50/50, while Mattock without slugs will still hit some pellets regardless. In fact, slugs will extend the amount of time and shots needed to take down a target, on an average basis (because RNG).
    Tge only reason you may use slugs on NC MAX is to do some alpha damage on a range target while your teamates finish the job.
    • Up x 2
  4. JibbaJabba

This point has been covered in depth already more than once. Catch up on the existing discussion and if something has been left out I would be curious to learn it.
  5. Smoo

Scat max is best in buildings.

Almost EVERY SINGLE CONTROL POINT is located INSIDE A BUILDING.

Sure, some rooms are large, and you can't cover all the doors at once. The fact that NC use this as an argument is mind-boggling, as NOTHING can cover all the doors at once.

So a Scat has to cover a single door and have friends, just like anything else? The map makers have aggressively put crap all over the rooms that blocks line of sight.
  6. LordKrelas

One single C-4, through a doorway or window, every NC make able to use the chokepoint to use their weapons effectively, just died.

As well, given how battles shift, having something that is quite literally screwed inside buildings, quickly, and useless outside..
    Tends to make the unit incredibly specific to the one single situation, making it hard to use in a dynamic fight.

Imagine RNG & Range issues, now imagine the sheer number of weapons that have more than 15 meters of firing distance, or kill in 1 hit inside these ranges.

A Scatmax has 6-12 rounds, needs friends, and must be near a door.
    Praying the building is built around this - or luck is with them.
    After 6-12 rounds, the longest reload begins --- and a single C-4, or confident enemy force can literally engage in the long *** reload period...
    As an NC max is rendered disarmed, or half their entire firepower just to have a couple extra seconds of firing.
    No sustaining fire: Great for a quick charge, or a chokepoint - assuming no waves.

Is a VS or TR Max, best suited to a specific range, inside a specific situation, for their entire AI capability?
    No.
    Is NC? yes.
    If a VS or TR Max had the firepower of the NC max at point-blank, at any distance greater than point-blank..
    The NC Max would lose out on range, sustaining capability, reload speed, magazine capacity, magazine size, while gaining nothing.
    If the VS or TR Max had the firepower of the NC at point-blank: They still have every advantage over the NC Max.
    This is since the NC Max is specialized brutally for the firepower it has.

Do you want to specialize your Maxes into RNGesus machines?
    You won't like it much.
    • Up x 3
  7. RedBlack

Quote:
    Someone else saying TR is a long range sniper is just as bad as you're 100% false claim that NC slugs one-shot guys at range in Bio Labs. Outrageous claims like those deserve to be called out.

Well, then i am calling you out (if you dont mind). It is possible.
    I know that, because it has happen more then once to me.

Btw.
    I am talking about, getting one-shot, by slugs.
  8. RedBlack

Quote:
    No, you see someone who doesn't understand the game calling for a nerf.

Firts off, i said it is OP compared to their Counterparts.
    Second, i said Buff the other Maxes or Balance the Maxes.

Someone in this Chat, :rolleyes: said, i am always nitpicking and i should stop that. So, please dont nitpick my words.

Quote: Experienced players have watched this crap unfold in the past and know it's what ruins the game.

Of Course, People complaining in Forums obout something being broken/OP/unbalanced.... is what the game ruined.....
    I dont think, you are capable of understanding, why this game "kinda" failed.

Also, you are claiming i am a unexperienced Player. Why would you say something like that? You dont know me at all.

Quote:
    There fore people are stepping forward and calling shenanigans on this ridiculousness.

People are stepping Forward foward?? To do what? Silence everyone you are not agreeing with?

Forums like this where made, so People could talk about the game and its Problems.

9. LordKrelas

And how common is that..
    Do you have a recording even? Is it even bloody practical? likely not.

You know, if a TR & VS Max's AI was equal to the NC max inside 2 meters, with perfect pellet hits...
    The TR & VS Max, if able to do this at the same range , would be more reliable at it than NC.
    If it was able to be done further, the TR & VS Max enjoy the perk of NC's high-damage output without any of the cost NC pays.
    NC's shotguns, pay for the chance of RNGesus smiling, with the shortest range, smallest magazine, longest reload, and having no sustaining power at all.
    The NC shotgun is either dangerous or harmless; no in-between is practical, as it's that severe of a difference, and it only takes several meters to switch between them, with RNGesus controlling it.
    Slugs make it a coin-toss inside the same original ranges, instead of numerous dice.

A TR or VS max, has faster reload, larger magazines, longer effective range (longer than shotgun, not long-range)
    If it was able to perfectly match NC's full output at 2 meters, perfect hits, it would eclipse the NC AI in every situation.
    As they aren't limited in ammo, nor lack sustaining capability, and have chip capability at further distances.
    NC's Shotguns are all incredibly close to each other, and all are the same one-trick pony essentially.
    TR's selection of chainguns, while incredibly boring, offer more differences between them, than the 6 NC shotguns do between themselves; Slight range, Slight ammo, nada, nada, nada... all RNGesus shotguns.

Why in hell, NC has to deal with the most heavily specialized & situational weaponry in the game outside of Anti-air weapons, is a grand question..
    If the most situational weapon is equal to the universal weapons, in the single situation it is capable of working..
    The situational weapons sacrificed everything... to be equal to something that sacrificed efficiency for universal capabilities.
    The weapon built for a strict singular purpose, lost to the weapon built to dabble in everything..

Imagine if an Anti-infantry weapon, lost to Anti-air weapon, in killing infantry, at every effective range.
    While said Anti-infantry also sacrificed range, magazine, magazine capacity, and reload time for killing power..
    If a weapon with superior reload, magazine, magazine capacity, range, has equal results to a weapon that sacrificed all of that, in the single range it works..
    You literally just made an inferior weapon that is situational, and useless compared to the other options.
    Now you just limit one side to the Inferior weapon, and grant the other weapon to their opponents..

That is quite literally, what will happen if VS & TR Max AI is able to equal NC's AI in 2~ meter ranges.
    Unless NC's weapons get changed to be competitive with VS & TR weapons outside of 2 meters, You screw NC hard in the only situation they had any ability to compete.
    Welcome to the issue with one side being over-specialized, and range-limited, being rendered matched by universal weapons in the very specialization & range they sacrificed in their specialization.
    The Universal wins hard, making the specialized useless, if the universal is Available.

And before you say "Gorgon then!"
    If the Av gorgon was useful AI, VS & TR would be using it themselves, not packing their ES weapons.
    • Up x 1
  10. RedBlack

11. LordKrelas

If a gun is unable to reliably do something, it isn't a grand reference point.
    You can kill a Max with a Knife, that doesn't make it something to consider, when balancing Knives.

If VS & TR are equal to NC inside the only range NC has, NC then has the Max with no practical range is out-classed at close-range, low-range, every range.
    IE, if VS & TR are equal in the best range of NC, then NC is screwed entirely: As NC sacrificed range, sustaining fire, magazine size & capacity for that damage capability at that short range.
    If VS & TR, who sacrificed nothing, and have everything but NC's high-alpha at close-quarters, gained NC's high alpha up close.
    This results in TR & VS having a 100% superior Max unit at all ranges.

If a VS or TR max could dominate at range, with the kind of firepower NC sacrificed to get, at close-range..
    The NC max could not survive to get in range to fire.
    Imagine this, 1 shot kill at 2 meters taking 3 seconds vs 1 shot kill at 15 meter in 3 seconds.

NC gets screwed
  12. adamts01

If we're still talking about range (> 20m), then all I can say about your 1st hand experience is that you were a victim log lag switching, some other hack, or bullet stacking (very common).

I suggest trying an NC Max in VR and testing all weapons for yourself. I think it might be possible for the Hacksaw with slugs to 1-shot someone at 20, but I can't say for sure because it's rare to land a single headshot, and a fluke of the universe to land 2. So I've never been able to verify, and my math might be wrong. Or was that 15m? Anyway, test it first hand and you'll see.
  13. Smoo

ALL the factions and ALL the MAX units have those disadvantages. You say those things like only the NC has to worry about them. This is why DBG is addressing C4-chucking? I recall something about that. You seem to think that one wave of NC should be equal to multiple waves of enemy units? That's pretty much the perfect description of an unfair fight.

And that vaunted long-range capability? You get to enjoy vehicles shooting you outside, and everyone else fires at the MAX as well. The COF on even the long-range weapons blooms quite a bit at any decent range.

And the NC AV MAX weapons work just as well as the other ones.

And the NC max has that big shield, as well. VS gets the ability that makes then die FASTER, and TR can volunteer to not move at all.
  14. Demigan

I wonder how long it takes you to realize that:
    1: most buildings are much larger inside than you think they are.
    2: you dont secure a building by standing in the middle. You secure it by using the entrances for cover and then engaging enemies that are moving towards you, IE farther than CQC range.
    Should the enemy have the door locked down, you move back in the room. This spreads the distance and area your enemy needs to check and engage while you use the doorway as chokepoint. If you stick closer its as much a chokepoint for you as for them.

So most of the engagements are at longer ranges. This is why all 3 MAX's see little use in most bases (and shotguns, and SMG'S and all CQC weapons for that matter. Highest scoring weapons are mostly mid-ranged), they are too short ranged and the NC MAX has the shortest range of all MAX's by far.
    • Up x 3
  15. Pacster3

And I wonder when you realize that the enemy has to get exactly through that door. So it's alone up to you how long the distance between you and him is. And then you can choose what is better...having a Max that is okay on all ranges or having one that is truely murderous at one range while being not so good at an other? I know which one I would pick if I(!!!) can choose at what range I fight.
    The stats of the Maxes simply ruin all your fake arguments...no matter how often you repeat them(and you do that in every single of your like hundred posts in this thread. What is this? Some noob attempt at brainwashing?).
  16. LordKrelas

Okay. So you pick your location.
    It's too Close, C-4.
    It's too far, You hit nothing.
    This around a door-frame, which you managed to get to, in the first place some how.
    The enemy can also chose their distance, if they can fire from further away, they can engage before you can.
    This means, unless they are stupid as ****, they'll use this & their keyboard to also move, and pick the engagement range.
    After all, You can choose to stick a Shotgun near a doorframe, and the enemy can Choose to throw explosives through it.
    You can choose to not die to that, and be further away, and the enemy can chose to not enter CQC.
    Which puts you needing to close the gap without being able to fire.

If the enemy has to get through that door, that you yourself managed to reach in the first place...
    They also have options.
    And since they have more range, they have more options for positioning, and know exactly where the NC Max has to be, to actually be a threat to their use of said Door.
    So pick your position all you like, the enemy isn't required to enable that position to be useful.
    And given it's a bloody shotgun, with RNGesus... C-4 is happily in range in that situation, perfectly.

Not to mention, if you are at that doorway, You can't choose the distance.
    The enemy positions themselves as well.
    Too close to door, you die from explosives.
    Too far, and you aren't able to hit the door.
    The Enemy does not have the same range issue, Enemy does not need to enter your zone.
    The Enemy can be bright enough to have Explosives, or use their Gun to hit the massive target.
    Or, it's not 1 enemy, but several, in which case the small magazine leads to the longest reload...
    NC does not have the perk of reloading faster than they can empty a magazine, NC has the perk of firing their entire magazine in near a second or two, and reloading for approx 2-3x that.

Unless the enemy is Stupid, or the NC Max cuts their entire firepower down to half, removing the legendary splat capability entirely, that Door-frame is held for the first 1-3 guys trying, assuming none just uses Explosives like a smart person.
    A TR Max or VS Max, sure can't near instantly kill the first person in the door-frame - but they also don't have to be in that doorframe nearly with the max, in range of every possible Explosive, nor are vulnerable for a long reload.

IE, it's not like the Enemy has no options to handle a short-range opponent, nor can the NC Max drag door-frames around the battlefield..
    They have to find, Reach, and pray the enemy is an idiot, to not figure the solution.
    • Up x 2
  17. Demigan

You choose very poorly.

And they arent fake stats. Something like "YOU COULD DO SOMETHING AND THAT SOMETHING IS GOOD IF YOU IGNORE THE DOWNSIDES OR IGNORE THE UPSIDES OF HAVING MORE RANGE" is a fake argument with non-existant stats.

And yes, you are trying a noob attempt at brainwashing by repeating your opinion without any proof, facts or stats. Thank you for noticing that about yourself.
    • Up x 2
  18. Pacster3

Yes, I heard you say that like a 100 times. The stats say: NC Max is much better than the other Maxes. You are not going to change that. You can make up 100 situations that got nothing to do with reality: The stats STAY the reality.
    And no, if you got to go through that door then you got to go through that door. There may be a second door...but seriously, there is a second Max too. It's not like "A" can be captured by a Max alone. And yes, there are open spaces. You cross them in 10 seconds...and then you stay at "A" for 5 minutes. It matters how long you got to fight at certain ranges. And no, if I run around a corner and take a look into 2 shotguns then I got NO chance to pick any ranges or anything anymore. And if 2 of us run around a corner and take a look into 2 shotguns then both of us got no chance to do anything anymore. And if 3...you get the point.
  19. Ragnarock

there are a lot of counters to the max.And it costs nanites to pick aswell, so this is a clear ''git gud'' case.
    NC max is all about the CQB cheese. Throw a single c4 and its game over.
    • Up x 1
  20. Pacster3

Yes, all AI Maxes are only used cqc. That's why NC Max got best stats. the stats show clearly that having better long range weapons(and they are much worse than the NC here pretend. They just ignore that the bloom of those is HUGE) does nothing for VS and TR. That's just how it is.