[Suggestion] Alternative to removing passive certs for non members

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NinjaTurtle, Oct 2, 2014.

1. NinjaTurtle

Please skip to suggestion if you want to avoid my rambling

Now I originally thought this wouldn't matter. 12 cert, pft can make that is a few minutes. It is after all only 3000xp

Then I started reading through the opinions of other players and particularly those of WyrdHarper who has made various good points as to why this is a bad change overall.... so well done on making me reevaluate my opinion which I don't often do

It has become clear to me that I was looking at the change from the point of view of an experienced player, someone who already has a high certed character and someone who has already learned the easiest most efficient ways to make certs. I am always at 9k - 10 certs and because of this I forgot how this would impact new players because to me certs seem like they come easy

So I admit I was wrong.... for once :p

Suggestions: (These are those of others I have read or inspired tweaked ideas from other suggestions) They are also not all directed at the passive cert removal more so the cert grind at the beginning and trying to reduce that
    Note: Not all of these suggestions are supposed to go together

- Passive xp boost
    For players up to BR 20, give them double xp or whatever you want to call it for new players.

This could be disabled for players who already have a high BR character on the same account

- Cert readjustment for new players (This one is my ideas if the math is wrong please be gentle)
    BR 1 - BR 10 = 1 cert very 50xp
    This equates to 97,575xp or 1951 certs as opposed to 390 certs

BR 11 - BR 20 = 1 cert every 200xp
    This equates to 1,428,500xp or 7142 certs as opposed to 5714

BR 21+ = 1 cert every 250xp <------ default

A gain in the first ranks of 2989, nearly 3000 certs more for the first 20 battle ranks, this will go a a long way

- Cert grant on new characters
    Give new character a front loaded pool of 900 certs when they start so they can start to upgrade some basic stuff in the classes that most appeal to them.

Also make it so they can only do this if they do the whole tutorial and reiterate the idea that weapons are side grades not upgrades otherwise they will blow it on one expensive weapon instead of class abilities, med kits, flak/nano etc stuff that will help their survivability and helpfulness to the team more in the initial stages

- Add value to membership whilst not taking away from non members
    Why SOE when you have a choice to nerf or buff do you go for nerf?

You should be adding to membership not trying to put more behind a pay wall to make membership more attractive.
    - Membership exclusive decals, camo, helmets, titles.
    - Actually add stuff to the early access store, it has been the same stuff for months now
    - Longer weapon trials
    - Increase membership passive gain to 60 from 48 as opposed to taking the 12 away etc etc
    - Increased cert bank
    - Name change, sex change <----- I know I'm going to get flak for suggesting this behind a pay wall, but it has no effect on the game so it shouldn't matter

- Better value items
    Why do ALL new weapons cost 1000 certs? Well I know why, for the Smedbucks which is fine in principle until you come to weapons like Coyotes that were added for "new" players to access the air game easier.... why are they priced so high then? 1000 certs?!?!?!
    • Up x 3
  2. Ribero

I don't normally agree with much this guy says, but I like this idea. Maybe the values or whatever may need tweaking, but the concept seems good.
  3. NinjaTurtle

Oh, thanks I guess :(

I have posted this idea in various threads over the past year or so and it seems to get a positive response most of the time. I guess all I can do is spam it until hopefully the devs consider something similar

Need to edit the math: I was looking at total xp not xp per rank when I added it together

Edited forumla
    - Cert readjustment for new players (This one is my ideas if the math is wrong please be gentle)
    BR 1 - BR 10 = 1 cert very 50xp
    This equates to 40,895xp or 818 certs as opposed to 390 certs

BR 11 - BR 20 = 1 cert every 75xp
    This equates to 201,208xp or 2682 certs as opposed to 804

BR 21+ = 1 cert every 250xp <------ default

A gain in the first ranks of 2306 more certs for the first 20 battle ranks, this will go a a long way
    • Up x 1
  4. Zeta

Just give everyone a hundo at startup tbh, and be done with it. Cert a few sights, a medkit, or upgrade a vehicle a bit, whatever :)

Don't forget too that every new player already comes with a 1 day 2XP boost when they complete that weapon survey at startup.
  5. FateJH

SOE stated that all new weapons (those released after formal Beta ended) will always follow the pricing model of 1000certs/700sc, regardless of what the weapon is. They have done a few price adjustments on the faction weapons that already existed, since they didn't block off that option, and many of those were below 1000/700 to begin with. Actually, I don't recall the pricing history pretty well, but I think more of those original weapons are now cheaper than when Beta ended. I do feel like I recall a time when my Mutilators were really expensive, anyway.
  6. DatVanuMan

:')
    You make me love members.
    P.S. Love the suggestions, man! The one I would prefer is a lower cert cost on everything. That would be nice:)