[Suggestion] Alternate Rocket Muntions

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by xMeserionx, Dec 25, 2017.

1. xMeserionx

Having the Rocket Launcher as an anti-armor solution is all well and good, but what if we could also use it on infantry or for ulitility too? Introducing the Alternate Munitions that would purchasable like Scopes for each Rocket Launcher for DBG or Certs:

The damage values would remain the same, only how the damage is dealt and what extras it has are here.

NSX MT-3 "Ram" Warhead: A high-powered Armor piercing shaped-charge explosive highly effective at damaging armored units (default).

NSX MT-5 "Helix" Warhead: A High-explosive ammuntion type that has little armor penetration, but makes up for with high area of effect damage.

NSX MT-8 "Venom" Warhead: An experimental nano-virus warhead that deals damage over a 5 second period and disrupts the electronic systems of the vehicle effected. This disables utility components as well as thruster mechanisms for the duration.

Thoughts? Comments?
  2. Villainous Hydrosa

Honestly, I can see this as a viable option. If they come on a brand new rocket launcher, than the HE rockets would make working on that directive more worthwhile, though irritating for the people on the receiving end. The venom warhead would be one hell of a thing against ESF, especially if the launcher has lock-on capability, though dumb fire capability would have to be a must for a rocket launcher like that.

Though you list it as NSX. Are you saying it to be ammo types for NSX launchers, or are you suggesting a new rocket launcher be made for them, or what?
  3. xMeserionx

NSX means in this context "Nanite Systems eXperimental", the warheads would actually be standalone, and would be sidegrades available to each launcher much in the way guns have scopes, suppressors, etc. The point is to diversify the use of rocket launchers and also create an effective countermeasure to more troubling elements. Yes the Venom warhead would be powerful vs. an ESF but it would be equally deadly to harassers, no turbo, because it disables both utility and THRUSTER MECHANISMS.
  4. Eternaloptimist

Portable high explosive anti infantry launchers in the hands of the most numerous class in the game sounds like a recipe for deliciously salty and bitter snacks....................
  5. Deffington

Agreed. For anti-infantry purposes I'd prefer to put disables inside - EMP/Concussion effect instead of area blast.

But overall, I think it is too late for this. We have a special launcher for any occasion instead of ammo options. It might be more useful to think about special ammo for AV MAX weapons.
  6. Makora

I'd honestly want to see a sort of EMP rocket launcher. Does piss for damage but essentially shuts down vehicles by resetting their Utility cooldowns and for a few seconds disrupts all mobility and turret movement. And temporarily disables the AMS function on sunderers.
    You likely won't kill much directly with it, but by golly would your buddies appreciate the help. Alternatively it could be a Utility option along side C4 and medkits. A one-off launcher that you use special to shut down that pesky magrider that's climbing hills, crashing an ESF or sending that charging harasser off course.

EDIT: Also, yes I know, NECROOOOO. But honestly, this forum is so dead it's not even funny.
    • Up x 1
  7. brutes359

Hmmm imagine a lock on rocket that does no damage, but disables a vehicles controls for a few seconds....got that image.....now imagine its got lock on and gives you kills when aircraft that are hit with it crash.

I also like the venom warhead idea. I personally think we do need more specialized launchers. Hey what about a single shot super heavy granade launcher? or a portal ECM emitter that can cook vehicles slowly from from any distance? or electromagnetic missiles that can immobilize ground vehicles temporarily? how about a launcher that scrambles a vehicles optical systems? or causes the vehicle to reverse its friend/foe recognition systems for around 30 seconds and causes the driver to no longer receive friendly fire warnings during that time? How about a poisen cloud missile? How about a recoiless rifle type launcher with customizable ammo? the possibilities go on.
    • Up x 1
  8. AnysLekarstveni

Definetly good idea and a lot of variants. AOE dmg and radius, direct dmg, curve of rocket, faster lock on, light on area, etc
    I quite dont understand why instead different missles we have just another Missle launchers with similar models