Alright fine, make mines not cost supplies and remain after death.

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Hoki, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Bloodlet

Apparently the mine change was reverted yesterday to I am once again happy.
  2. Mafarett

Even after the change I was still able to run up and place 2 mines under enemy Sunders, It just took longer having to switch back and forth from gun to mines. Even before the change I never stacked them on each other as that would require standing still and was a good way to get shot before getting the second mine out. Only thing I didn't like was that it switched to my gun after every mine placed, though that's still not as bad as when it forces your gun out after dropping an ammo box.
  3. Tapioca Express

i liked the mines when you had to deploy it. When they had to be deployed, you could have as many mines out as possible so i actually created a few mine fields. Personally i liked the tank mines better this whole last week than they are now/originally. Now we're just limited to 2-5 depending on your certs.
  4. SMatthewM

What I would like to see is the ability for the engineer who laid the mines to pick them up again, perhaps for half resource cost that went into them? I've wasted so many mines watching my own back just to have noone try and come through that entrance anymore. Just bad timing on my part I guess.

I'd also like to see the limit of mines you could have active increased. Just two anti-tank mines won't hold back a tank rush but if you could lace the field with 6 or 8, next time those vanguards or prowlers rush up and get blown sky high they will think twice.
  5. RoninTR

Definitly agree that you should be able to place more than <cert> mines. When you have a resource cost the balance is already in place. It would definitly make for some really Kick-*** defence works. As it stand today defence peremiter doesn't exist and that's sad...
  6. SirBurning

They whould also dissapear last week
    You have been laying tons of mines for nothing.
  7. Tapioca Express

i was able to successfully have 12 mines deployed last week, use my ns scope and see them still there, and then watch 6 vehicles blow up in a row. Not really sure why my experience was so much different from yours though.
  8. SirBurning

What mine upgrades did you have? I got only rank 1 and My mines just disappeared:(
  9. Tapioca Express

i have the level 2 mines + the level 2 utility belt that allows me to carry an additional mine so for a total of 4. My tank mine buddy that only has the level 1 mines was also able to deploy as many mines as he could last week. Perhaps the TR mines worked differently than the NC mines? Knowing soe's past record, it would be a possibility that i wouldn't rule out.

I seriously hope they make the changes back, i hate seeing all those magriders everywhere. I dont know why, but getting killed by magriders annoys me more than vanguards/lightnings/libs.
  10. Vadimir

As long as you remain an engineer mines do persist after death.

Select your turret (default 5) and press your select fire mode key (default B) will turn your turret into an ammo pack allowing you to have an ammo pack and mines/C4.

P.S. Just so you know; throwing insults around, especially when your post is far from perfect, only serves to make you, not anyone else, look silly.
  11. Radian12

Cheap? Spawn camping the enemy is a glorious idea and quite a dangerous. It a style of play. You put them and wait .

Not every class has to ´´Run and Gun´´

To be honest i am starting to be sick of the poser fps Honor code . When i do mines . You know what u do 80% of my time ? Run. You want to know why ? Rusuply, rapair , replace traps. I enjoy it . I don´t cert much into guns because do not care and i do not rage when someone kills me . Yeah and most of my death are suply runs.
    When you are defending you burn through IR quite fast . 13 mines max= 13 kill and then its very slow .

So in the end the gun player actually wins so i don´t know what is the problem. You get so much more kill just by gunning yet somehow people keep complainig .
  12. Aerensiniac

Too bad that spotting them is useless since they are used as drop pods and you are killed by mines that are dropped on your roof.
    Whats even worse is that they deal 2 times the amount of damage C4 does, so no thank you.

I dont give a damn when somebody thinks that its unfair to run on a mine.
    Get used to it or get night vision to counter it. The end. But it pissed me off beyond belief to see an engineer run up to a stationary, deployed sunderer, lift the vehicle with one hand and put 2 mines under it with the other.
    Sorry. Thats not a mine, thats a bomb.
    Rename it to a bomb and i will have no issues with it, but a mine is a stealth area denial weapon. Tyvm
  13. Radian12

I want cammo for mines . :) The color is fine for urban but they are way too visible on land.
  14. Pockets

My mines are set off by their utter hatred of all enemy vehicles, not movement or pressure.
    • Up x 2
  15. Nuubo

You, sir, win the internet! :)
  16. Aerensiniac

Then infact this monument to our developer's low intellect is underpowered since if its hate induced then it should be clearly able to wipe out the entire map.
  17. Hoki

So what probably happened is SOE looked at how many vehicles engineers were killing before the nerf, and realized it was fine.
    Then they looked at the same numbers after the nerf and realized they had made a terrible mistake.
  18. Jokester

I was getting more kills simply because I could place 5 of them at a time. So I could take out 2 vehicles for sure, and I would get a kill or assist on the last mine.

One time I saw anti tank mines on the other end of a force field, and I yelled it out. But the competition to be the first to try to kill the lightning on the other side caused 3 tanks to get blown up by 5 mines laid in a pentagonal pattern.

Basically, if you run over a mine that someone has spotted and identified in chat because you wanted to push all the other tanks out of the way, you deserve to die.
  19. Tapioca Express

personally i would also love to see destroying tank mines to give a decent amount of points. It would encourage more players to actively hunt for mines since losing a vehicle isn't even an issue with the current resource gain rates.
  20. Xenocide

mobilize your sunderer and start running from the other guy?

There's always a way to escape. It's just do you want to do it or not. Mostly not because you don't want someoneelse to deploy to that spot and will prevent you to gain xp's from your sunderer.