Alright fine, make mines not cost supplies and remain after death.

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Hoki, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Hoki

Game after game the freaking crybabies demand that mines of every kind be made completely worthless.

Same thing happened in BF3. Grenades and mines were actually effective at one point, then some crybabies got there way and now you'll go an 800 point round without a single vehicle dying to mines and no deaths to grenades.

They're most effective in BF3 by throwing them on a jeep and suicide charging a tank with them.

Next in this game, you'll be able to spot them from a mile away and blow them up with AOE damage. They won't be satisfied until they never die to a mine again.
    • Up x 1
  2. MistaN

No resources? LOL
    I do agree that they need to persist after death.

Also, the insta-gibbing was cheap and they got rid of it...as they should.
  3. Aelloon

Infrared will light up mines like christmas trees. You cannot place mines on vehicles to drive it into something.

Also, you can't do "Explosive Engineering" the way he did it anymore. I might make my own video about that what was possible (isn't anymore).
  4. Ryekir

They already do persist after death. They only go away if they blow up, you place more mines somewhere else or you log out.
  5. SixVoltSamurai

They've simply changed them so they require a little more thought to use, and now you can't drop them from heights and blow stuff up with zero chance of getting spotted or killed attempting to do so. Mines are fine, and with mine guard in the game it was already easy to counter them.
  6. Fireborn

No cheaper than tanks camping spawn-points with HE rounds.

As an engineer, you actually had to run up to a vehicle that could kill you in half the time it takes to drop the mines, unless the enemy was stupid and parked under a wall or somewhere.
  7. m44v

Tanks camping spawn points is cheap, but at that point you have to wise up and spawn somewhere else. And the fact stands that the AT mines where being abused for insta kill deployed sunders, not tanks camping a spawnpoint.
  8. Lokarin

Persist after death is fair though, that's the whole point of persistent world gameplay.
  9. Ghostfox

Unless this changed, they persist after death.
  10. Hoho5000

If I can run up to a Sunderer and lay down two mines, the other team deserves to lose it.
    • Up x 6
  11. Xasapis

Nothing much has changed with the recent changes in anti-tank mines (which I read will be reverted today). All those sunderers that were dying before from engineers suiciding on them, still died today and they will keep on dying. Some thoughtful people however invested in mineguards, totally negating the suicide attacks.

The whole process just gone more annoying, by inheriting the stupid switch weapon rules that the repair tool is suffering from atm (if you're repairing something and you drop an ammo pouch, and switch to repair tool, when the game actually spawns the ammo pouch, the game auto-switch to the main gun for no reason). This bug (if somebody purposely programmed the weapon switch to trigger on pouch spawning and not drop, needs his brain checked) is so persistent in behavior and I'm now so used to anticipate it, that the new mine behavior is just a mild inconvenience.
  12. m44v

You didn't lost many sunders I take? the abusers I saw weren't engineers that would sprint through bullets and fire, place the mines and die in an heroic sacrifice for the team. No, they would pick another sunder, drive through all us until crashing with our deployed sunder, disembark, place the mines and blow up everything sky high. Just tell me how you do pretend to defend against that.
  13. Hoho5000

I've had plenty of my Sunderers destroyed. As for your problem, place AT mines around your Sunderer. Problem solved.
  14. Azarga

So they destroyed 1 Sunderer at the cost of 1 Sunderer and 2 mines, and they took the risk of loosing it and not destroying your Sunderer. Seems just right to me.
  15. Wizardo

Battlefield 2142 had a very simple and fair way of dealing with AT and Anti Personnel mines. You shoot them.
    Why other FPS games haven't done this is beyond me.
    • Up x 1
  16. JudgeDreddy

Hell do I miss 2142. They definitely persist after death, as I've had a big engagement near an tech lab, laid some mines hoping for another vehicle but died a few times. One life, I'm grabbing a flash drive over a road, see a mag get out he misses, I get back in and 180 around, he misses again and drives over blows up on my mines that I totally forgot I placed there. However, does anyone know how many mines can be placed at a time? Sometimes for a defense I like to lay down a few[as many as the 75 price tag will allow me] but I didn't think there would be a limit. What number do they start disappearing at?
  17. DeadlyShoe

@Wizardo - mines are incredible fragile to all forms ofdamage.

@JudgeDreddy - I believe the limit is however many you are certed for.

@Thread- Mines definitely persist after death, I just got a sunderer kill an hour after I dropped the mines :p
  18. m44v

what. place 2 stacked mines all around our sunder? What's next, use mineguard and problem solved? You only give that advice with the acknowledge that most people won't follow it because that advice isn't practical. Your justification is just that the other guy is an idiot and you don't look objectively that the mines aren't being used as it was intended.

Irrelevant, anyone can spawn a sunder and resources are cheap, placing an AMS sunder in enemy territory isn't.

In any case we already know the devs are planing in limiting the stacking, so this discussion is moot.
  19. Aelloon

Yup, funnily enough Mineguard that costs 30 cert points will make you survive 2 mines and require a third to be killed. But since you're so annoyed with mines anyway, why not just max mineguard, it's only 330 cert points. That way your sunderer can survive 6 direct hits from AT mines.

Also, it is rather obvious that you do not use AT mines yourself, because if you did you would know that they ALREADY changed this. It's okay though, you can do the same thing with C4.

Considering how C4 and AT mines take the exact same spot I don't really see why you would pick AT mines instead of C4. (Maybe if you're really low on infantry resources I guess, but you could just go do a run in a tank and return with full infantry resources anyway.)
  20. m44v

Like I said you only suggest this with the acknowledge that most people won't use mineguard and your sunder insta kill method will still work.

Yes, they changed it, they also said they will revert the change because it wasn't ready. That's why I said "devs are planing in limiting the stacking". I find your attempt at mockery cute.

C4 is fine, that's its intended use.