Alpha Squad VS carbine versus stock carbine: opinions?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Goodkat, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Goodkat

Guys who have used both, which do you prefer? Which situation do you use which weapon in?
  2. Elahhez

3. Goodkat

4. Ghostfox

The NC one.. (A11x or something like that) is pretty nice. Low clip size(20 rounds) but it is a beast up close.
  5. Cavan

As far as the Pulsar-C or "Pulsar Compact", they are 100% not the same weapon from beta.

Which I'm learning at my peril :oops:

Cavan
  6. Elrobochanco

I used the VX6-7 all through beta and it was good, but in release I've been using the Pulsar -C and have not had any qualms with it, it shoots slower than the VX, but it hits hard and has very controllable recoil when aiming. I still take the VX or Nova when inside close quarters, but outside it's the Pulsar C all the way.

Have not tried the stock carbine but have heard from the other side it's decently deadly. I had the burst solstice in beta and it was ok, but only ok.
  7. Sir Lemming

How recent / accurate is that sheet? Looks interesting. I love when it turns out that some alpha unlocked weaps have actually worse TTK in all ranges than a stock rifle. Maybe upgrades should make up for the difference?
  8. grin

Post-Launch Data:
    solstice:
    bs dam 5.5
    hs dam 11.0
    mag 30/150
    t/mag 2.6s
    rof 11.54r/s
    rel 1.9s
    dps bd 63.47
    dps hd 126.94

Pulsar C:
    bs dam 6.5
    hs dam 13.0
    mag 30/150
    t/mag 3.2s
    rof 9.38r/s
    rel 2.2s
    dps bd 60.97
    dps hd 121.94

If you hit every shot, the Pulsar C will kill in 6 body shots(instead of 7) or 3 headshots(instead of 4). The higher damage per hit gives the Pulsar C the higher potential damage per clip and per resupply. The pulsar C does seem to suffer from greater Horizontal and Vertical ADS recoil, and slightly higher ADS and Hipfire spread.

Full auto Recoil/Spread characteristics:
    (Left-ADS recoil from green line, Center - ADS spread, Right - Hipfire spread, Hipfire reticule size displayed)
    [IMG]
  9. Hanthegreatone

So if i am reading that list, for NC defaul weapon still the one to go?
  10. Ghostfox

My vote is no. I've been ripping people apart with the AA-X11.

Just make sure you get a handle on it though because you will fell every missed shot.
  11. Elahhez

As i mentioned, I don't know how accurate this sheet is, it is from beta and they may have been adjusted between then and now ^^
  12. Goodkat

On the Pulsar-C, I have noticed that I can kill people without running out the clip more often than with the solstice, or vx-7
  13. Ghostfox

I'll add that I've been able to kill two people with the NC one in a clip.. close range with some headshots mixed in, of course..