Alpha Footage looks way better.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UnrealGaz, Apr 13, 2013.

1. UnrealGaz

title says it all I looked at alphafootage and what a completely different game it looks.The armors the vehicles and the graphics my god.What happened sony? looking at what we have now from alpha feels like you took a step backwards what caused this radical change of tempo?

• Up x 5
  2. Valerye

I think you're probably referring to the lack of sunshafts, as my game when maxed @2560x1200 looks identical to this.

As for the sunshafts, I find that if I actually stop and look, they're still there, but they're a subtle lighting effect that is easy to miss.

I don't think they've toned down the graphics at all, actually.
    • Up x 7
  3. IamSalvation

I don´t see anything i don´t see ingame when i run it.

It only seems like some Textures are looking really bad in that Video somehow... (in the Reaver Scene the Ground looks really undetailed)

Also some Lighting and Fog Effects seem to not be in the Video... so no Sir the Graphics that we have ow are better than the Video...
    Perhapse just tune your settings some more?
  4. UnrealGaz

the bio dome looks very different and when hes playing as light assult the whole base layout is completely different.the tanks look different solider armor looks different,the colour schemes

they need too reincorporate some of this stuff from what I heard alpha was amazing and when beta came out (that's when I got in) everyone was saying it took a turn for the worse and lost all alpha gameplay.

and the sunderer looks much better here like an actual 4x4 off road vehicle
  5. UnrealGaz

running full ultra settings 1920*1080 I cant do anything more.
  6. IamSalvation

Then tell us.. what is it that you are missing?
  7. UnrealGaz

read the above posts my friend.
  8. Laraso

Are you being serious? The current released version looks way better than this alpha video.
  9. Grayson

1:20 Look at that GORGEOUS thing!
    And now?!
    [IMG]

An you know what happend to this? More than 1 player appeared...
    • Up x 1
  10. UnrealGaz

the vehicles and soldiers do look better yes I am serious.GFX debateable the bases personally look better in that videa and a lot more ground foliage in the tank video but the reaver one? that looks bad.

The sunderer one is the best example of vehicles it actually has proper suspension there.
    also look at the nc armor on the character much much better.

2:27 onwards you telling me those guys don't look better than what we have now? also note the heavy assault shield that the guy uses it isen't an HEY IM USEING MAH ABILITEHHHH IM HERE.its more transparent and discreet

also you ca see that friendly soldiers have a health bar above their head that would be handy for a more clearier view of whos hurt than the simple + sign that it is right now
  11. IamSalvation

Uhm yes the base layout changed.. what does this have to do with gaphics?
    All in all i can only see the video beeing more clear and crisp with less fog, smoke and haze then we have now. Some may find this looks better... if you want this, turn down your graphics... (Shadown, Particles to 0, Lighting Full, Overall to 2, Textures allways 0)

The Players seem to have a much less contrasting colour scheme... thats right.. but again thats a choice of taste, not somthing that can be seen a general higher graphic standards...

@Sundi: For me the Sundi in the Video looks like it wheels would fall apart every second.. mcuh prefere the one we have now...
  12. UnrealGaz

might of been a flying brick but a step up from the flying coffins they are right now.
  13. Xasapis

When you say full ultra, do you mean tweaking the .ini file to improve the textures etc quality to level 5 instead the only possible level 3 in game?
  14. UnrealGaz

cycles confirmed that 5 is a "myth" except shadows I have lighting on 2 everything else on 4 AO rendering scale quality.Flora quality scale,render quality at 1.4 everything.
  15. FightingFirst

Well the bases that were available in the tech test (the very earliest) were horrible compared to what we have now, the walls didnt even go all the way round the bases. The graphics havent changed much (except you can enable Ultra now in the user.ini without the game crashing which you couldnt do in the tech test nor betas if I remember correctly). Otherwise there inst anything we are missing.
  16. Grayson

It's slightly better now IMHO, but the main problem is still the speed.
    AND that it doesn't look like that sweet little thing in that alpha gameplay....
  17. Laraso

The models of the vehicles are of lower quality.

That's entirely subjective. Personally, I think the Sunderer shown in the video looks ugly, and I'm glad they changed it to the model we have now.

Once again, that's subjective. They look like lower quality versions of the exact models we're using now, with only a few minor differences. I like the helmet the engineer has at 2:43.

Health bars are already displayed above friendly and enemy soldiers alike. They only show up when they actually take health damage, reducing clutter by hiding the bar when they aren't damaged.
  18. SirBurning

People already complain about performance. And you want to add more fancy effects? :O

Also, game looks better than this on my screen :)
    Only the lighting is different.
  19. Xasapis

It is definitely not a myth.

Here's a screenshot taken a few seconds ago.
    [IMG]
  20. COMMANDER K33N

The character models in alpha definitely looked a LOT better.
    • Up x 4