Alpha - Bases Weren't Always Poorly Laid Out

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by bluEyedillusions, Dec 31, 2012.

1. AlexS189

Bump, and for the record. A few of the old base structures are in the game files! Along with a mesh of the alpha galaxy! :O Which I would understand if it was removed as it had an interior too! :O Also if anyone can direct me to where I can re-download a copy of the beta as I have a feeling there's some goodies in there too :)
  2. BengalTiger

Would it fit a Lightning tank in it?

Having a air transportable tank would both make the L have a unique defining feature, and be really cool for the paradrop enthusiasts.
  3. November

You know... its sad. The first post - that base resembles PS1 bases so much and I want it so bad.

Then I remembered Higby is apparently in love with eSports (This game isn't an eSport, never will be. Maybe if you add DEFENSIBLE BASES WITH INTERIORS)

Currently bases are overrrun in less than 10 minutes.
  4. AlexS189

yes it would have. It's identical to the galaxy in the death is no excuse trailer
  5. Badname0192

Yep. Mattherson Freyer AMP can change hands 4 times in under an hour.
  6. Cinc

Quick question -

HOW did this thread die the first time!
    • Up x 2
  7. CaptainYamerica

In my limited PS1 experience, I remember just how hard and how much teamwork it REALLY took to capture bases and installations. I wish we could get that back.

I agree that vehicle spam causes a lot of detrimental effects on gameplay and base assault as it is in it's current state. Large base installations, imho, should be long drawn out fights. Not vehicle blitzs and pure number pwnage.
  8. Zombo

this has gotten so many likes and still bases are not defendable , nor was the vehiclespam/spawroom camp lessened in any way, yay!
  9. ItsJustDash

Why can't we have this back? WHY!?!?!?!?!
    • Up x 1
  10. MFP_TK_01

Holy Necro Batman! But in a good way, I love the way that base looks on page 1.
    • Up x 1
  11. BlackDragonFun

That brings back memories of PS1. Why on Auraxis did they nerf the bases into what they are now?

There is something seriously wrong when most base battles (in my experience) descend into vehicle and high explosive spam, and the defenders can do nothing about it.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ripshaft

Oh yay a necro of a repost of a beta post, almost a year ago woots
  13. Badgered

We had defensible bases once! Never forget!
    • Up x 3
  14. HJK148

What do you mean 'slightly above'? When did CoD players develop intelligence?
  15. CrimsonDaemon

I would like to see this back as well. If they are worried about the walls, just have a specialized sunderer that can launch people in pods like in BF2142 to get over walls.
    • Up x 1
  16. Roxputin

The amount of brainstorming and effort that was in the forums in Beta was mind boggling. The research and imagination that was put out by the players everyday made me realize that the fans/players of Planetside are a special group of people. This passionate group of gamers only cared about getting their message across to the Devs and trying to help them realize that there was a special symbiosis between the two. Unfortunately alot of that effort fell on deaf ears. Months later and it definitely shows.
  17. Kenny007

Consider this another vote....for GREAT JUSTICE!

(and those alpha builds I miss so...)
    • Up x 1
  18. IamDH

Wow those bases look incredible!
    They must have removed them for a reason though
    • Up x 1
  19. FABIIK

This thread really makes me mad.

Realizing that we had these designs and they were purposely thrown away... :mad:
    • Up x 2
  20. Tact

I was gonna make a long post explaining to people the modus operandi of SOE... but i'll keep it short:

What better, than to have a game paid for and funded by PC gamers, made for their new console platform the PS4. GG enjoy your "Quality of life" whilst they finish work on porting over PS2 to the PS4. :3