Allow us to buy cosmetic items with certs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GantryPengy380, Aug 18, 2014.

1. vincent-

This the certs are for your combat growth not your fashion this game doesn't have a lot for players to spend real money stop trying to be really greedy, if you want to sparkle do that with your money I don't need too see every noob just cert into goofy.
  2. Paragon Exile

This is quite possibly the worst suggestion I've ever seen on these forums, it would actually kill the game.
    • Up x 1
  3. Goretzu

Cosmetics are a cornerstone of the F2P model.

I might go so far as to say they could maybe give 1 or 2 free camos to new players, but basically no, they need to be cash bought as SOE needs revenue streams and cosmetics are the best option for that.
  4. Makora

It's an iffy subject. On one end. That's where SOE earns the money off of PS2. Cosmetics and subscriptions. But on the other end, I would not see it as an absimal loss if they made some speciffic camos and armors as cert purchasable.
    As been said before, composite and drakon as likely candidates. Player Studio is supposed to start churning out armors so this seems viable. And as for camos, just one for each continent.

But again, it is poking into their bread basket and every little bit counts.
  5. maxkeiser

I wish they would make more stuff to customise your characters with. More armour, more custom weapons skins etc.