[Suggestion] Allow Infiltrators to hack Engineer Turrets

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Mehanal, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Mehanal

I think it'd be a cool way to give infiltrators a little more edge in dealing with vehicles - very situational (most E turrets are going to be behind the front lines) but rewarding if you can manage to hack it and start chucking missiles at the rear ends of enemy tanks (or bullets if it's an AI turret). It wouldn't seem to be overpowered in the fact that you'd have to first find a turret, kill the engineer if it's manned, and then utilize it without getting murdered by the 0% coverage that turrets give you from behind.

Infiltrators can already hack SpitFire turrets and main base turrets, so why not regular E turrets? Just a thought.
    • Up x 3
  2. BartasRS

Actually it is a nice idea and, I believe, less controversial than vehicle hacking even if very niche and situational.
    • Up x 1
  3. ParakeetLord88

I'd go for that, but there is one problem: when the eng pulls a new turret, which they do very quickly in the case of hacked spitfires, the inf would be SOL. Thus I think it is not really doable.
  4. Arcslava

It would be nice if hacked spitfire becomes infil personal spitfire and engee should place his own new with no replacement. In case it's not easy innuf to take out engee with his turret and leave turret safe for afterhack. Than he just came back put turret in the door and you need to get the same again. But.. It's almost pretty, it can kill you while you turning round it with lagged "E" hacking, or with very less hp after deal with engeneer, chanse to hack it is very small also teamates can destroy it with no wisdom in their eyes))
    And the last few words that, this feature would not be a crap, but a realy fun tactical improvement, and stop exploit like placing new to remove another's.
  5. TomoB

If nobody else can use engineer turrets (even in their own team) than engineer who placed them, then how could infiltrator use them? That would require a change so that everyone could use friendly engineer turrets or it would seem pretty silly if only infils can use turrets after hacking them.
  6. infilallday

Very situational but a good little addition as well. We can hack other enemy guns so why not these? Would be nice for them to remain the colour of the faction it was already assigned to though, to really throw some confusion around....