[Suggestion] Allow Engineers to repair infantry shield

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by minhalexus, Jul 18, 2014.

1. minhalexus

Nothing much, but this would encourage more engineers for sure.

Also, it seems dumb that medics can repair shield by placing down their shield repair thing, while engineers can not.
    Repairing shields should be the engineer thing.

Engineers are crucial for a battle, but it just feels underwhelming to be an engineer in most cases compared to a LA.
    • Up x 1
  2. z1967

Engineers are fairly underwhelming combatwise. They can drop some serious pain with explosives, turrets, and all the other good stuff.
  3. Regpuppy

I personally think engineers are fine as is. They're one of only two classes with ranged AV options, they're basically the default pilot/driver class, and they snort up Xp almost as much as necromancers medics. Despite this, I say go for it. But if you think engineers are underwhelming in their current state, I doubt this extremely minor change would make much of a difference. Especially with the medic having the shield bubble.

If you were to argue that the engineer should have the shield bubble instead, I couldn't argue with you. I'd even agree to some extent, merely because I wouldn't mind getting ammo more reliably. But I don't think they desperately "need" this or the shield bubble as desperately as the LA and/or Infiltrator need some more toys.