All three factions can agree about the cloak.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by sinez, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Skeith

that's because he touched an enemy that's why he shimmered,otherwise no it's full invisibility
  2. Vitality

Did you guys know that the IRNV Scope for most weapons puts an outline around a cloaked infiltrator?
  3. Kurotoshiro

Tribes ascend cloak is full invis. If you take damage, deal damage, touch an enemy or ski at high speed you shimmer and that's all. You can even shoot while cloaked !
    Infiltrator's cloak in PS2 should be the same.
  4. Undead Clown

All I know is that I've never been fooled by a cloak, and when I play infiltrator (not often) I get spotted as soon as I enter someones field of view. I play light assault mostly, and the jetpack makes me stealthier then the cloak does. I can flank people and attack from weird places, the cloak just gets me killed.
  5. Skeith

weird enough the devs are giving some love to the light assault in the next patch,wich means that there will be no point in using the infiltrator besides sniping.
  6. Xaragoth

Glass-People have to go. We need a good and sensible cloaking texture, not to mention far better options for Infiltration and the ability to shoot from cloak mode to deactivate it, instead of that annoying extra button press.

Personally I'd like to see a passive cloak that activates if you move slowly/crouch and makes you nearly invisible. The current one just doesn't work for stealthing into a base. The time is too short for actually sneak, you have to sprint from cover to cover and that is when the cloak is at it's worst. To counter balance it should be completly disabled for a few seconds if you shoot or stab somebody, not to mention if you run or walk.

Infiltrators already have the lower end of the stick right now on all factions, so a buff clearly is in order. And I'd rather see that buff in our ability to infiltrate enemy bases instead of sniping. Also, I'd much prefer a kind of stealth SMG type that we can use during Infiltration.
  7. Timeraider

Instead of survivability, we have stealth.. well, stealth.. we have an cloak.. yes i know it doesnt make me invisible.. in fact it makes me an big shadow clearly in sight.. well, at least its something.. aside from the fact that everyone using heat/IR users can spot us from a distance.. well.. ok....

....we are screwed XD
  8. Warna Bayangan

I seem to only see infiltrators when they "run/sprint" aka pressing shift while cloaked... and as an infiltrator I get shot at only when I run like a madman or are next to someone when I cloak. Bottom line, I don't use the cloak to infiltrate, only to snipe. I don't think i'd be a good infiltrator with teamplay and stuff. And sniper is too solo for my taste, so it's a class I haven't played much so far.

TLDR: I don't play infiltrator but they should be made more "infiltrating" capable, to me the best "infiltrator" so far is the light assault. ^^
    Or easyer: change their class name, call them "loner" or "hacker" ^_^
  9. jiitunary

if light assaults could hack there would be no reason to play infiltrator for me

i don't want to snipe
  10. jackrandom

I believe a simple fix to the cloak would be to make the nano cloak last a little bit longer and provide better invisibility, the way the hunter cloak works right now is effective when you're sniping at long distances and you'll never get noticed and you can drop spots off you all the time. You can still see people running in cloak at a distance, but it's a lot harder to stay on track of them and can easily lose them.
  11. Aktarus

when you're used to do it its not even hard anymore. cloaking in PS2 is a total failure right now , while cloaked when you enter in anybody LoS they always almost insta pwn you even in huge firefights you are way to visible... and using it in a small outpost with only 1 or 2 hostile inside and not any noise around will mostly warn them that you are roaming around.
  12. Skeith

stalker cloak WHERE?
  13. ST4LK3R

/signed

[This contains a lot of personal preferences and opinions]

Sneaking around is not impossible but we need to much effort. I was sneaking up on an eng repairing a turret and got kill by someone from behind at Crown. I sneaked in from the Northside to hack a terminal and spawn a sundy AMS but there was a few enemies going in and out at the ground floor so I didn't even bother hacking at all. Went up to 3rd floor and proceed to kill eng and medics who were heal/rez/repearing. I got a few kill but what could I do to gain tactical advantage for my faction? NOTHING!

I could sneak into a corner and wait til there're no enemies or manageable number of enemies and hack the terminal and spawn that sundy if only I had a cloak that can keep me hidden as long as i don't move.

We should be like Rogues from WoW...able to sneak around and still fight back when you're caught by one guy. Of course it's a lot different in PS2 since this game is a FPS game but it a bit unfair that we're dead once someone caught as at close range.

To be able to play as a real Infiltrator, we need better options for both cloak and weapons.

Or may be I just suck at infiltrating since I've been forced to play as a sniper since the last month of beta. I love sniping and sneaking around to cause chaos and destruction. It's like I'm able to do only half of what an Infiltrator is supposed to do.

I think that cloak was in earlier part of beta. If im not wrong next patch is L.A/MAX and the one after that will be for Inf.
    I'm still waiting for the SMGs people were talking about.