All three factions can agree about the cloak.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by sinez, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Mansen

I don't believe I am, no.

Again - stop trying to sneak right past people. The cloak is NOT invisibility - it blends you (even more) into the background. There's a reason why the whole "Hurr durr shotguns on infiltrators" war was shot down so easily - it didn't make them OP because they could not sneak up on people so easily as people expected.

You use the cloak to get around a base without breathing down the enemy's neck - not to perform stealth game backstab takedowns from behind while sneaking around them in earshot.
  2. sinez

You're missing it still. One, you said to use it to sneak up with people, then said it wasn't the intent, so yes, you sorta are contradicting yourself now, and two, you cant even crawl at a snails pace on the side lines without getting spotted by a lucky glance. If you want us to sneak where they cant see us anyhow, then whats the point of having a cloak at all?
  3. Skeith

please kind sir explain me how is game breaking having the option to OHK with the knife?
  4. Mansen

5. Scorponok

thats the last think we need more instant kill...people are already complaining on EVERYTHING that can one shot them..they all depand time to respond to a attack so sneak attacks will never be a option..personally i would had loved it if they made one like BF3...god i have had fun taking down snipers with my knife...coming behind them and WAM! your dead and that dogtag is mine :D.

But its a 2 edge sword since if someone see this they can acually kill the knife attacker before he kills the other guy, if he is fast enough ^^ . And back to topic, ye the cloak isnt a "stealth" more a camo.i suspect at some point that we will get a real cloak.But limited to pistol only and knife of course.
  6. Skeith

you got an insanely loud decloak sound plus 1 second to remove the cloak and you have to get them from behind as well

what else do you want an huge warning signal in caps

"INFILTRATOR BEHIND YOUR *** BRO"
  7. Apina

I love it, its necessary for close/medium range snipers. Follow infantry, find good spot, shoot, cloak, shoot, cloak, shoot, cloak, you can get easily 15 with full ammo if you find a good spot.
  8. sinez

You must be up against some really distracted infantry to pull that off, since they then know where you are, and can easily out gun you. It's not rocket science to trace the bullet back to its shooter, especially at night when infiltrators are supposed to be at their strongest.
  9. Northman

During Tech/Beta i tested the infil throurougly.. I had hopes that i would in some part resemble the infil we had in PS1. The further in to beta we got, more options that looked cool (but we never got to test) vanished.. Like the option to get near pefect invisibilty at the cost of dumping the rifle etc. The infil as it stands now, is only useable to snipe, and thats it.

Ive dumped the plans i had on playing infil over 2 months ago after seeing the infil class get more and more destroyed. So now im stuck at playing a support class as its more viable.
  10. deusex2

I'll let others answer other points of your post and I'll get to explanation about you contradicting yourself. It's simple really, getting behind your target during combat IS sneaking UP on them from behind(or from the side).
  11. Red 5

There is nothing wrong with the cloak. The only thing I would possibly change to it would be decreasing the de-cloaking sound (because having to run away from the target to muffle the sound is a bit counter-productive), and that could easily be made a cert. It's extremely effective, despite it being imperfect it is an awesome tool. Since I come from a TF2 spy background cloak usage might come easier to me, but it shouldn't be too hard to use effectively even for new players.

I do not believe that a OHK knife would be a good addition to a game. If you want OHK backstabbing, play TF2. Neither would giving shotguns to infiltrators be a good idea, as we found out during the beta. SMG's and the current scout rifles would be fine. Infiltrators might seem like it, but they're no lone-wolf class.

What I am disappointed about is the current lack of infiltrator cloak/playstyle options compared to the beta, like that one never-unlocked option to get near perfect invisibility at the cost of your primary weapon or having a cloak from which you could fire, but only with your pistol. Those seemed nice and incredibly fun to use, shame we didn't get a chance to.
  12. Scorponok

who said you needed to be stealthed :p besides ye the cloak sound is loud, funny enough alot of people ignore it.i was called a WHer back in beta because i knew the cloaker was around the corner due to him stealthing up..and when i looked in the corner i could see a wobbly shape at the wall..
  13. deusex2

You want to hear something even more funny? Ever tried to sneak up on another infiltrator? You can't! Because the moment your infiltrator closes in on another one, both start yelling non-stop how they're detecting enemy infiltrator!
  14. Scorponok

lol i can image that now funny as heck ^^
  15. sinez

yeah, I panic whenever I hear enemies calling things. Its sorta debilitating: how can we scout if simply calling out a position is liable to lead to our deaths? Perhaps inf's could do so silently, for the sake of them being stealthy? seems like an easy solution.
  16. Skeith

im afraid we need much more than just that
  17. Draegnar

I disagree with a buff to cloak, i actually think this is the best its been done in a game, if your stealthed in somebodys peripheral vision you can pretty much sprint straight past, if you run right infront of them they are gonna see you. Really can't say i've ever had a problem infiltrating a base unless its absolutely packed and in those situations you won't get anything done anyway
  18. Meiu

I personally think there are a few areas that could greatly improve infiltrator. The first being the older stealth cert that was in the tree but not accessible. It gave you cloaking regen when not moving and only used it when moving, but the trade off was you could only use a side arm. Just that in itself would go a long way to getting infiltrator back on the path to being the sneaky sneaky and not useless pewpew durpdurp.
    Making hacking more than a binary operation. Instead of simply flipping a nod allow you to have a few accessible schemes upon a full hack of something. For instance, say you manage to hold down your use key long enough for a full hack on a terminal but instead of it simply flipping control, 3 boxes popped up and you can hit whatever key, or click it or whatever you please, and you get a few options. You can either A, flip control of the point, B, Disable any type of spawns from it so say they can only spawn Lightnings to encourage them to pick them when you have a strong counter to it on the field (effectively a deceptive trap), or C, when a player accesses the panel to grab a vehicle it instead gives them a randomly chosen vehicle off the terminal simulating an error put into the system. Giving you the potential to avoid completely denying them a terminal but with the benefit of straight up wasting a players resources. Sure, this system may not sound perfect and all but I am sure SOE can tweak it around to make it much more indepth and interesting.

Also their weapon selection is sort of stale. I wish they would remove the quick knife jazz and add a selection of melee weapons for infiltrators who like to get really close (not me). As I can see the risk/reward for that scenario being interesting to some players. Lastly, please, please, please... give me concussion grenades :( That way I can sneak up, hit a group with it, and pistol a person or two down if I get proper setup time. Yeah, yeah, throw a regular grenade and kill everyone, but that doesn't feel infiltrator enough for me :(

EDIT: I wish they implemented the cloak cert that made cloaking in and out of stealth instant and made no noise, but came at the cost of your "harder to see" when not moving thing. So you were fairly easy to find if someone was looking for you but still hard enough to see if people weren't exactly aware of you.
  19. Skeith

-allow the infiltrator to shoot while stealthed

-make the cloak perfect(wich would make sense instead since it only last 10 seconds)

-give infs infintie cloak but leave it as it is

one of these would help GREATLY
  20. sinez

Yes, yes they would. Personally, I dunno about the last one, it might not solve the problem. 1st & 2nd combined, which should probably be how the Stalker Cloak -should- work (if not including the 3rd as well), sound good to me, but we'll see what happens.