All These NC MAX Threads.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by The Milk Man, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Klondik3

Hacksaws have high rof and even higher reload time.
    Also, check latest API data dump for mbt/esf/max stats. Other two maxes arent significantly worse than NC one
  2. Mumnoch

It's a matter of opinion, most of the player base aside from NC think it is (and finally it seems maybe the Dev's do too)
  3. jeuvisage

The NC max stops shooting when it has to reload noob.
  4. Klondik3

5. Mumnoch

unless the video hiccuped while he was reloading he wasn't doing the reloading animation, he was doing the standing there not moving animation....
  6. Singed

According to your source the NC max has a SpH of 10,100. The TR max has a SpH of 9,250. The VS has the lowest with 9,010.
    The NC max has the highest Score per Hour, the NC spends more time in maxes, and the NC has the highest avg max score. Overall scatmax is doing quite well don't ya think?
  7. Klondik3

That would largely depend whether you consider 10% more play time (15 minutes) to be of significance. However that may be, I'd just point out that other unit types such as esfs and mbts have even larger difference in both score per hour and average play time between factions.
  8. Eric Smith

People can defend the NC Max all they want. They can deny the obvious. They can pretend it's balanced. All I know is that I've never done this with my fully certed out TR Max (with over 4300 Certs spent, plus SC spent on dual Mercies), but I managed to do it with my Dual Hacky Max who has barely a cert spent on him (Flak 3 and couple levels of Timer Reduction). And this is just a sampling of the night where I went 147 and 32.

[IMG]
  9. Mumnoch

Looks like the Hacksaw's kicking *** and taking names...
  10. jeuvisage

Looks like you farmed the same small group of noobs over and over again by standing outside the teleporter room of a biolab. I mean really, you killed NeedsC14 4 times in a row, any other MAX would have done the same.
  11. Mumnoch

It's this brand new thing called "Defending the biolabs". Don't tell me you've never killed someone multiple times in a row?
  12. Eric Smith

The difference is that no other faction can defend a BioLab like that, and no other faction's Maxes can sit there farming like that without getting obliterated by an eventual rush out. With the NC Maxes sitting there like that even if four guys rush out they get mowed down, even if 10 guys rush out they stand little chance. It would take an organized platoon to stand a chance of cracking an NC held BioLab, and even that is doubtful if the NC want to hold the BioLab (as they did during double XP weekend).
  13. Radec594

The problem with this thing, as many other things in PS2, is the low TTK.
    It's not a matter of "shotgun damage" or whatever ranges, the specific TTK of the NC Max feels wrong because it's even shorter than the already ridiculously short TTK of everything else in PS2 (see: pump shotgun complaints).

This is why the game would be better on with an overall higher TTK for every weapon; it wouldn't feel as farm-ish.
  14. jeuvisage

There is no way you stood there and took them all with out a engie (probably multiple) sitting there repairing you. And any other factions MAXes would have done the same under similar circumstances. And no, a fully certed NC MAX can't take 10 guys on at once, unless they sit there doing nothing and let the NC MAX walk up and head shot every single one of them, not even a group of 10 infiltrators with pistols.
  15. Eric Smith

Actually, I usually ran over to the 2-3 Engy's that took up camp at Point A in the BioLab. I ran over more often to get ammo than to get repairs, and most of the repairs I had to get came when someone managed to land a single Decimator on me before I could facelol them.

Actually, not really. The other factions would have pulled HA. Because their Maxes suck that much in comparison to HA. Sure, you'd have seen a couple TR Maxes in a similar fight, but given the same circumstances you'd have seen far more TR HA and far fewer TR Maxes given the same circumstances. And against an NC attack the NC Maxes would have been constantly pushing into the BioLab the TR were trying to defend instead of getting obliterated the moment they stepped through the door.

No, a fully certed NC Max can't. Two might be able to. The 4-6 I saw at the point I was defending certainly could (along with the HA, LA, Engy, and Medics that were there). The NC Max doesn't work alone, as you so astutely pointed out. But having the insane burst power of a half-dozen NC Maxes there makes any attempt to rush an NC held base a complete suicide mission. Anything the Maxes don't take out in the first wave get cleaned up by the other players or taken out by the NC Maxes after they've reloaded (yeah, you've got 3 Scat maxes sitting there reloading, are you going to shoot them or the 5 Infantry that are currently shooting at you?).

My point is that it's the whole kit and caboodle. The NC Max is the sword, the Engy is the Armor, the HA is Bow, the LA is the Net, the Medic is the Shield. And the TR Max is... another Bow. And not nearly as good of one at that.
  16. jeuvisage

The exact same thing applies to all the other factions, if you have half a dozens maxes holding a point along with sufficient support personnel, youre going to have a hard time pushing thru them. And the best thing to do then is go as a light assault, flank them, and take them all out with C4. Once again its a l2p issue, and the vast majority of people in PS2 dont know how, they'll do the same thing which isnt working over and over again. Just look at how everyone sits in the spawn room firing out, too afraid to hurt their KDR by pushing out.
  17. Mumnoch

Maybe, cept the NC Maxes can easily kill the LA even if they are up on the roofs. This has been explained to you time and time again, what aren't you getting?
  18. EclipsedTerror

NC maxes still ROFLstomp in short ranges like they did before the patch. Nothing really worth getting bent out of shape over.
  19. Tekone

ROFL!!!!!

After the nerf the Scatmax ROF is higher.

Congrats QQ'ers, YOU ALL WIN!!! GG!!!!
  20. SuperMinghaha

And oh yeah, SOE listens to the minorities. Give back all the certs and SCs that Ive spent on the NC max. SOE has never been this "smart" before since they just find this new way to make $$.