All These NC MAX Threads.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by The Milk Man, Mar 7, 2013.

1. The Milk Man

Look at all these NC MAX threads. All of them are about the NC max being overpowered.
    It's not just a few people complaining about it, its hundreds of people that are complaining.
    Look around you people, no one is complaining about the TR or VS max being overpowered.
    Doesn't that show something to all of you? And no it's not that everyone likes to complain on the forums for no reason >.>

It's showing that its pretty obvious the NC MAX is overpowered. All of the NC that are defending their MAX either don't realize that TR and VS max aren't up to par with the NC MAX because they haven't played a fully certed TR or VS max or they already know that the NC MAX is overpowered and just want to keep it that way so they can farm for certs more.

I hope that the NC can at least admit NC Maxes are overpowered.
    I'm not asking for any nerfs or buffs yet, but everyone needs to recognize that the NC Max is overpowered to some degree.
    Edit:
    Look at this video for a NC Max ripping up everything in sight at some pretty long ranges. It's actually a nice video though so props to MrGreyfu for making it.
    • Up x 9
  2. FoeHammer_42

If triple barreled heavy shotguns didnt instagib within 10 meters they would be useless. They are not OP. Maybe Versus other MAX's, but not regular infantry.
    • Up x 10
  3. pdog109

The only thing OP about NC MAX is you guys crying about it.
    Really, if you ever used a scattermax you would know its useless beyond 10 feet and using slugs dosn't help much since they are so inaccurate and only used in biolabs.
    People just hate that NC has one "decent" thing when all other NC weapons are horrible.
    • Up x 6
  4. GraphicJ

They're not OP in open spaces...inside the BioLab or any building...well that's another story but not too many NC using their scat MAX outside of buildings. Heh Wonder why. [IMG] .... ;)
    • Up x 5
  5. The Milk Man

Oh really? Useless beyond 10 feet?
    Yeah, look at this.
    • Up x 1
  6. Dakkaface

I think the bigger problem is that VS and TR MAXes are underpowered, actually. I recognize that the NC MAX is the most powerful of the three, but that's largely due to having a cert option that makes it possible to hit things beyond 10m - Slug Ammo, while VS and TR get zilch to spend certs on that can improve their CQC performance, and their vaunted 'range advantage' is pretty useless with the ridiculous spread on some of their guns.
    • Up x 7
  7. The Milk Man

At least thanks for admitting that they are "maybe" overpowered against other maxes ^.^
  8. The Milk Man

Finally someone who understands :D, the NC max has the option to do really good both in close quarters and at longer ranges due to cert options. While the TR and VS max don't really have any options to improve in terms of buying improvements with certs.
    • Up x 1
  9. Oreo202

It will get nerfed if enough people file complaints about it, that's how these things work.

Just like the magrider guys, just like the magrider. 2/2/13, never forget.
  10. The Milk Man

Haha, I honestly felt sorry for you guys that day.

Back on topic though. I honestly just want someone from SOE to give their opinion on the issue of unbalanced maxes.
  11. AuntLou42

Maybe the problem is that no instakill weapon should be in game. They are taking it away from allot of the MBTs so why is it still on an infantry unit? It would be different if I was able to at least run away from them and avoid them but that isn't even possible. If you see a NC max chances are it's on your redeploy screen. Would the NC be ok w/ decreasing the damage yet increasing their range? The range seems to be the popular excuse for them being OP. The second best excuse is that it's only effective at a bio lab welllll the VS and TR would like to be effective ANYWHERE. Give us a niche?
  12. Purg

The problem with the nerf NC MAX threads are two fold for me.

1. When I kill you, you don't know that I'm probably using slugs - inflating your impression of the effective range of all NC MAX based on my slug usage. I've given up a significant CQC advantage to gain inaccurate slug range.

2. If you have no familiarity with the use of the NC MAX, you run into a room in front of me and I melt you, instantly I must be OP. You don't appreciate the reload time compared to the mag size, the effective range, the higher susceptibility to explosives and tactical nades, the low ammo count. You just see melted you with a picture of me on your kill screen.

The balance is the range limitations. The balance is the low mag size. The balance is the long reload time. I'd trade them all for Dual Mercys in a second.

The biggest problem with MAX on MAX with NC is the ability for me to avoid your range easier than your ability to avoid mine when you're in my range. The only way I can see that ever being balanced is to nerf all AI weapons ability against other MAX. At 7m I can kill another MAX quick if I take off my slugs. At 10m, enemy MAX have the potential to kill me faster than I can kill them. There's no way to balance that out in any fair way without nerfing both ends of that equation.
  13. The Milk Man

Check the video that I linked, the NC MAX has some serious range. I'm not sure if he's using slugs or not, but it doesn't matter. That range is way too long and the damage is insane. His mags can kill 2-3 people without having to reload, and he reloads pretty quick.
    I have dual mercies and they are definitely not as strong or fun as the shotguns for the max.
    I'd rather have the shotguns for my max.
  14. crippler38

people only seem to complain about hacksaws, I wish I could use my default crap and have my falcon hit things

please make it so my bullets do not go through everybody, and my scatter-cannon work past 10 meters, 2 full clips on a LA and he is fine at 10-15 meters, if they added like an smg thing to the maxes, or the ability to aim, then nobody would complain. The smg would be a close range upgrade for the TR and VS, and a mid range upgrade and sustained fire upgrade for the NC, and if you could lose 1 gun so you could have the ability to aim, then people could HIT things at ranges past like 15 meters easier.

but don't act like the max as a whole is the problem, you all are really hating on hacksaws
  15. irishroy

guys.
    every factions has its strengths and weaknesses.
    the NC have their MAX (and the vanny; if that is a strong thing :s maybe it is just cannonfodder) and a good CQC carbine
    Tr have their prowler, their mossy and their minigun for the HA
    VS have their 0 bulletdrop, their maggy and teir scythe

so NC has good infantryguns, TR and VS good vehicles....
  16. Purg

It's funny how you use it as a video to show how OP the NC MAX is and I use it to show how UP it is.. :p

That is slugs - and that's why I use them. It makes my MAX less effective at CQC than a Dual Mercy MAX and it makes my MAX less effective at range than a Dual Mercy MAX.

The footage (sped up, mind you - which is why you seem to have the impression that NC MAX reloads are short) shows the MAX killing 6 infantry and retreating between each reload with all but a clip and a half of ammo left. Quite a number of videos posted here showing VS and TR MAX killing 6 infantry before having to reload or retreat and having another 5+ clips behind that. A point I've been trying to make for a long time now. Any one of those nudniks thought to swap to a rocket launcher during those reloads would have scored an easy MAX kill.

If you want to waste 24 out of 116 shots total at a target at ~50m in the off chance you'll take it down, your supporting Engineer (assuming you have one) will love you for it.

Don't forget that in order to make most of these kills, that MAX had to spend 1300 certs ontop of the price of both arms. The standard NC MAX wouldn't have been anywhere near as (in)effective.
  17. The Milk Man

It doesn't bloody matter even if the video is sped up. Those shotguns shouldn't have that much of a range and accuracy. Dual hacksaws take down TR and VS maxes immediately. Reload times doesn't matter even because they do so much damage and they can just move back a bit, pop back in, unleash, repeat. A NC max is almost always camping a corner with other maxes so they can just alternate. In the video, that NC max took down 3 peeps at one time before he had a to reload and that was from a range that a TR max should be dominate at. He continued to do that playing for a while too.

The default maxes for all factions are terrible anyways.
    Saying that the NC max is underpowered is pure stupidity.
    ALL of the threads in this section of the forums are about trying to fix the max.
    Anyone denying the fact that it needs to be more balanced is simply too afraid of a nerf for the NC max or a buff for the TR and VS Max.
  18. Purg

If it's all the same to you, I'd prefer the devs be the one to fix the MAX, not the pitchfork wielding group who had an NC MAX steal their baby.
    • Up x 3
  19. Bape

I do agree tr/vs maxes need a BUFF but not anything that can out perform a shotgun like seriously its 2 dam shotgun no way in hell you can compete with that. Also maxes are useless in big areas I know this because i rage a lot when i see an infantry but i cant hit him for **** and die. To be honest the TR maxes are fine as they are only thing that they need buff is maybe a little slight damage but thats all the VS in the other hand need a few tweaks on the recoil its horrible on the vs max.
  20. Bape

How the hell can u decrease a shotgun damage? even if you reduce the pellet it will still instagib they have to basically nerf all the shotgun damage to make the scattmax weak? + the reason why they aren't nerfing is because look what happen to VS magrider half the pop just left now image what will happen if they nerf NC to ****? Im thinking PS2 will end ff that happens.