All these HA threads and nothing on Infiltrator Class?!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BIllyGG, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Littleman

SMG's are in a fine spot. I prefer my cloakers with SMGs over OHK sniper rifles - the former adds an interesting element to game play and is balanced by the simple fact the Infil is actually well within the kill zone of every other class when they expose themselves. They're also not completely invisible and most come with the temp cloaks so they can be alerted to via sound. Mostly, they're not another damn HA. Snipers however are notorious for being able to pick off targets way outside the range of retaliation from the other classes. Losing the 75m OHK cap nanoweave provided was a huge f***ing mistake on DGC's part to cater to players that simply want to shoot fish in a barrel without actually being in danger themselves. A OHK long range weapon on a unit that can go completely invisible at said long ranged... Gee, I wonder why the game is doing worse with each passing day?

Fortunately, MOST infils are really bad at this game, and hardly even realize they have the tools to alert them to hostiles flanking their oh-so-secret position they don't want revealed via kill-cam... as if their tracers weren't a big arrow head already.

That said, most SMGs are actually formidable beyond 20m... if you can lead for a damn. I fasten a silencer onto nearly all of my guns so... yeah, I can. Practice makes perfect and all that. But in a straight up exchange of fire, it's more likely even a carbine will win over an SMG at 20m+ This is assuming perfect accuracy on both parties to accurately determine the end result however. Mostly, smart players don't make an active attempt to utilize an SMG over greater distances, but if a terminal isn't nearby and all the hostiles are that far away...

As for the magnums, they can be beat by a standard issue pistol. Easily. Really about being aware of the infil with the magnum BEFORE they open fire however.

Finally, one last thing of note - in extreme CQC (within 10m for most weapons) the infil and the other classes have the same effective life. Past that final meter before a weapon begins suffering from damage fall off, the infil now dies in one bullet less.
  2. LodeTria

HA can counter anything.
    Infiltrators can't do anything* to vehicles without being in their own vehicle.

*Yeah yeah they have explode bolts but those a joke.
  3. customer548

Sorry, but you forgot to use some usual words like "noobs", "cowards", "useless", "noskill", "hackers" in order to describe Infis. That's sad.

Nerf Infis OMG !