ALERTS :: Play the whole time or no rewards?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Who Garou, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Who Garou

I've been playing for a while, but this game doesn't have much documentation.

As far as I can tell, in order to get the bonus XP or Reward for winning the ALERT, you have to be in-game for the entire ALERT.

This means if you aren't in game by the time it starts, you don't seem to get the extra XP or reward if you faction wins the ALERT.

The same goes for being in-game before the Alert starts and leaving before it ends.

Also, even if you are in the game when the Alert starts and when it ends - if you DC or are kicked out of the game by a game glitch during the ALERT, you also will not get the extra XP bonus or the reward if you faction wins.

Can anyone confirm (any of) this for me?
  2. FBVanu

I get the extra XP reward no matter when I join the Alert.
    But you get less xp the less time you spent in the alert.
    You can only earn 100% of it if you were there the entire time.
    But you do not earn zero if you just joined in the last 20 minutes.. you still get your share, based on those 20 minutes.
  3. The Rogue Wolf

What FBVanu said. You're awarded a percentage of the alert XP depending on how much time you spent playing during it. I've seen Emerald drop everyone about twenty minutes before the end of an alert and still got XP when it ended.
  4. Tommyp2006

You get an amount based on the continuous percentage of the alert that you were online when the alert ends. So if you crash with 5 minutes left in the alert, no point in logging back in really. You also ONLY get point if you are online when the alert ends.