Alerts and lock criteria

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Astriania, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Astriania

I think it's great that alerts have real meaning now, and the enforced rotation of locked continents is good for everyone. It does feel a bit wrong that 40% territory locks a continent, though, and the current mechanics provide no way to defend a lock: when a territory control alert starts, you know that in 2 hours, that continent is getting locked.

I'd say it would be better to only give a lock if the winning faction has at least 50%. That still means alerts are well worth it, but a faction with locks has an incentive to play in them even if they don't think they can win, in order to preserve their existing lock.
    • Up x 1
  2. volth

Planetside 2 can't support this big battles. I get alot of server lag on Ceres and low fps on Hossin.
    Esamir, Amerish and Indar is dead maps now. And people's complains both in outfit chat and on normal chat that CL doesn't work.
    Yesterday people's started to say "Please no, not alert on Esamir, because it's so dead there.