Alert victory, please explain

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SeraphC, Aug 11, 2014.

1. SeraphC

A moment ago an Esamir alert finished. At the end NC had 74% territory control, with the remainder being mostly in TR hands. The alert ended in a draw.

Can anyone explain that to me? How do you not win an alert with 74% territory control?
    • Launch criteria - Min Faction %: 51% (down from 75%)
    • Attacker dominating win%: 65% (down from 85%)
    • Defender win %: 50% (up from 35%)
    This was in the latest patch notes. According to this we should have had a dominating victory.
  2. Wecomeinpeace

Alerts and continent locking are very weird currently.

Yesterday on miller i saw TR owning 90+% of Amerish, yet no alert was started and TR didn't lock the continent. A day before that VS managed to capture Esamir without locking it or starting an alert; The continent had the "owned by VS" sign on it but was accessible.

There is currently no rhyme or reason to the cont locking mechanics.
  3. SeraphC

It takes 94%, not 90% to lock a continent without alert and the launch criteria for an alert have nothing to do with territory control. So that's the Miller Amerish event explained.
    About owning accessible continents: this is either a bug or something that happens when the number of locked continents goes from 2 to 1 during peak hours (more population equals more continents unlocked to play on).
  4. Archiadus

Reading.
  5. SeraphC

Even before the update 74% was a win and not a draw. Maybe not a dominating victory, but a victory none the less. Whether or not the patch was live already is of relatively low importance here. I considered adding it as a consideration in the first post, but didn't. And of course some troll comes and points it out rather than addressing the real issue. Which is: why did we draw with 74% control, even according to old rules that should have constituted a victory, should it not?
  6. Archiadus

You can go ahead and call me a troll for stating the obvious but the reason that I state the obvious is because it is in fact, obvious.
  7. SeraphC

Thank you, that's the answer I was looking for.

And no it is not obvious when there are no time zones or actual dates in the patch notes posts and you haven't been following game updates in the last 6 or more months.

So yes, I will call people trolls for not posting the full answer when it is 'obvious' that the person asking does not have it. I will also thank them when they do, as I have now.
    • Up x 1
  8. SacredRay

They seriously need to bring back the old alerts with the exception of Biolab alerts. With the new continent locking system, fights rotated around the 4 continents so smoothly, it was gorgeous. I don't get why they changed alerts.
    • Up x 1
  9. Captain Kid

I never see alerts..
  10. Spezieh

This! Why not the new alerts with the old conditions AND the old alerts. Going for the Techplants or the Biolabs was something else between all the normal territory farming. Sometimes a little force could win an Biolab-Alert in the last few minutes by advancing the right way at the right time. That was fun.

Now its all about get an hex, lose an hex. :(