Aircraftside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TripleMeows, Mar 28, 2014.

1. BillBoBaggins

Don't for get the Rocks,trees and buildings they seem to hit alot too
  2. lothbrook

Forcing ESFs into more specified roles will go a long way to fixing the air game, right now its way too easy to roll with a rotary and rocket pods, and you're only at a minor disadvantage against other ESFs with AB pods, lol. Taking away their secondary slot is the most sensible course of action.

Also remove the tank buster and you'll never see a liberator get killed by another tank again, but clearly the better change was to make it so a liberator can fly at eye level with a tank and win a DPS race, lol.
    • Up x 1
  3. Drasilov

I don't think many ppl would have an issue with air vehicles if they weren't continually being used to farm. This last week I've been in so many fights where there's 2-3 enemy infantry on the ground and 3 or more liberators plus one or more ESF's farming anyone trying to retake the point. Any Lib that gets a bit damaged just flies off, repairs and is back in within a minute or so - they take longer to take out than it does for those couple of infantry to cap the base.

I tried to retake the point a couple of times but you have a very small chance of making it out of the spawn and when you manage it, you are invariably injured so are easy prey for the inf at the point. A MAX rush can do it but why waste resources on a small battle? I just redeploy as the fight isn't worth fighting.

I think Air should get very little xps for killing infantry other than MAX units. I can understand ground vehicles getting full xp as they are extremely vulnerable to C4, rockets etc.
    • Up x 1
  4. axiom537

EVERYTHING in this game requires you to work as a team....

Hold a Point...You need Medics, HA's, MAX's, Engineers, LA's and even infiltrators....and AMS's as well as other vehicles, including Air to hold off the enemy Air and ground troops.

Tank Column...You need Repair Sunderers/ Ammo Sunderers/ MBT's and Infantry and Air coverage...

Air Superiority... You need Air vehicles, Ground vehicles and Infantry...

You're issue is you do not want to have to deal with 1/3 of this COMBINED Arms game.
    • Up x 1
  5. axiom537

BS...Yes, the Dalton can shot ESF out of the Air, but only a slim number of people can actually do it...I can wreck most any Dalton Lib with my Composite Shredder/Hyenna Lib and I can do the same with my A2A Reaver as well. The problem is most people just aren't very skilled at flying aircraft and they die to AA or other ESF 99% of the time, yet they cry about the Dalton Lib...
  6. Matti

I guess I could make yet even another video about how easy it is to deal with air.
    I think I have about 20 videos like that already but hey, why not one more =)
  7. Santondouah

I started intensively flying ESFs about 2 weeks ago. What I immediatly noticed is that coyotes are not only helpful for learning how to ESF in PS2, they are necessary.

A lot of people runs them in the air and:
    - if you meet somebody that just want to farm he won't even try to kill you with his primary.
    - if you meet somebody that dog fight with the primary and you manage to place him in difficulty, he'll use coyotes to take the advantage (because yes, a lot of pilotes run the coyotes, and most of them are not rookies at all)
    - most dedicated air pilots (even the top ones) run with coyotes and sometimes don't even bother use their primary too (lazyness ?). There's plenty of those on Ceres...

Consequence -> I bought the coyotes.
    Result -> I can finally learn how to ESF.
  8. Danath

No, you don't.

Then why not simply post the link to any of those 20 videos?
    • Up x 1
  9. axiom537

By Farm I assume you mean kill the ENEMY...Which is specifically and pretty much the only thing Air vehicles can do...They can't capture points, they can't re-arm or repair other vehicles....

Air Vehicles have one basic role which is to kill...What do you want them to do if not kill, just fly around and do loop-de-loops?
    • Up x 1
  10. Goden

No it doesn't.