aircontrols still miserable

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TR5L4Y3R, Aug 15, 2019.

1. TR5L4Y3R

so since default keyboard and mousecontrols screw up my left wrist
    and i can´t get to config the buttons i need i tried flying with a controller since i have no flightstick and frankly have no interest in investing into one just for this game and its horrible flightcontrols ..
    it probably wouldn´t even help ...

the good news at the least is i was able to get a configuration for my xboxcontroller to be somewhat in the way i would like to fly ...
    the bad news is and i did mention this in various threats regarding air and aircontrols before be it with mouse and keyboard or now with a controller and very likely with a flightstick (feel free to tell me your experience regarding the latter if you got something better)
    the biggest issue planetside 2 flying has is the lack of sensitivityoptions for both keyboardbuttonpresses and controllsticksteering .... and the constant need to press the ascendbutton on esfs ...
    like the sensitivity for rolling and pitching is all over the place for me and i can´t get the current available sensitivitysettings to help aleviate that .. .. pitching is superfast (on both keyboard and controlstick) which leads to oversteering and rolling for some reason on the controller is much slower to do than in is with the mouse (also superfast on keyboard) ...

i mean i could give less of a damn if the possiblity for strafing and/or bankinging is added
    or if the constand descending of the esf or stupid hovercombat is taken out

but there need to be ways to config sensitivitysettings better ...
  2. PlanetBound

The only game where using the keyboard is better than a joystick.
  3. TR5L4Y3R

in other words i can stop trying to learn flying in this f cking game ..
  4. DirArtillerySupport

Let FLAK into your life.
  5. Zhakathoom

I can't fly 20 meters without ending up in a burning wreckage.. I just can't wrap my brain around the physics of flying in this game. I've given up on it. But at least I can enjoy the feeling of being farmed by those who have mastered it. Yay!
  6. Skraggz

Swabbi, VS on emerald hmu. I'll try to get you to understand some if I can. Not an ace though.
    • Up x 1
  7. Zhakathoom

Thanks for the grand offer. Unfortunately I believe we're on different continents (Miller/EU here)
  8. Skraggz

When I get off (work) I can check my ping, dont need to be amazing but enough to communicate and I can roll one on that server if it's a okish ping and you still would like a hand. Most your pilots will help if you ask, you do have a few of those mouth breathers that cant be bothered.
  9. AlcyoneSerene

Have a look at a topic I've posted a while back, designed specifically to help with flying but also improve on infantry and everything, including controlling magriders. The game's default keybinds are really no good for anything.
  10. Trigga

Im not sure whats so confusing.

In most flying games ive played ive used a joystick.
    This joystick usualy controls the ailerons and elevators; changes the roll and pitch.
    Foot pedals are usualy used to control the rudder; to change its yaw.

This imo is reflected exactly in the controls of PS2.
    Your joystick becomes your mouse (imagine its the top of the joystick, and then imagine how the joystick moves and move your mouse in the same way), and your foot pedals become A & D.

The throttle cannot be a source of confusion as it is the same for almost every game ive ever played with vehicles.

The only things missing from PS2 are banked turns and varied yaw rates, but i see that as the crafts not having flying surfaces and relying solely on engine power for flight and maneouvre.
    The yaw engines are either on or off in this case, but you can vary them with the different airframes.