Air, Mech, Infantry earnings should be GLOBAL, not by continent

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Raka Maru, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Raka Maru

What I see happening is that the continent that is dominated by your faction gets filled with more people. If a faction is WG locked and they are out of resources, it is much easier to go to the continent where you have a lot of resources to get your Air, Mechanized, or Infantry resources.

I wanted to push out of the WG and the Mechanized resources were not there, I could not pull another vehicle although I wanted to stay there and fight, it was taking so long. I jumped to the continent that the TR were dominant on, and after a few minutes had enough resources. Now I could go back and spend those on another continent but the step was unnecessary as it SHOULD give me those resources even if I was on the continent that I wanted to fight on.

Is something broken here?
  2. VaanGov

I agree.
  3. Clockwork

Its kind of a point of taking bases. The more you have the more mechanized power your empire can dish out, and the more you starve your enemy. If you dont care about smaller outposts that give resources, you gonna have supply shortage. Its a war, son.
  4. Raka Maru

Does this make sense tho? We are on the planet, one faction steamrolls while the other starves out although the other continent is completely owned. Supplies would have been sent to do that, but obviously the earnings are not allocated correctly.

I'm a soldier, getting my pay. Where do I collect my best pay? On the continent we are dominant on. Where do the people go? To that continent. Do I want to go there? No, I want to push out.

Observe what's happening, the mechanics are broken. Doesn't matter if "There's a war son", just observe.
  5. Nocturnal7x

I think that would only make firghting for territory more meaningless, You hold that biolad or tech plant or you lose resources. I think the bennefits should be increased not decreased / made global.
  6. Uben Qui

To have this they would have to knock the resource gain down by 1/3rd to accomodate the change. Basically balance it on holding 1/3rd of every continent instead of the way it is balanced on holding a third of one continent like it is currently. This will lead to you needing 3 times as much territory to keep the 'average' gain.

Now once implemented as you guys want where every continent is pooled. You have to take a full continent to achieve this average. If two other factions own a continent each and you own 1/3rd of the last one you are fighting on there will be no recourse as is now. You will have to take that whole continent over. Making it MUCH harder to achieve the average point as opposed to how it is currently.
    • Up x 1
  7. Raka Maru

Tech plant resources (MBT) will still be the benefit.
  8. Raka Maru

I do see your point, but I do have money from other continents and would still have to push out.

Basically, I'm observing what is actually happening. "We can't pull anything fast enough, lets go to our owned continent" mentality.

Free resources at Sancs as well as actual working warpgates that let vehicles with passengers transport would fix this. But first they would have to make sancs and get rid of these piddly warp terminals and fix the warp gates to what they were actually meant to do.
  9. Uben Qui

They may do this.. they have indicated that the Warp Gates are this way right now due to there only being three continents and the fact that the continents are the hard server cap. Like, if you locked out a continent now like it was in PS1 it essentially locks out 1,950 players from getting in due to that being how many can ever log into it.
    • Up x 1