Air is the only thing that doesn't fear its counter.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Savadrin

The skyguard showed up at some point and then died shortly after, but we weren't coordinating with him. unfortunately, it was the least of my worries as the encounter started out with two enemy Libs nearby and several more reavers than you can see during this clip. Fortunately for us, the Libs went to eat elsewhere.

This was essentially a boredom-driven exercise in being opportunistic. I had pulled a MAX somewhere and we decided to just drive around with the bursters in a Harasser to troll enemy air.
    • Up x 2
  2. zuka7

AHAHAHHAHAH cough LOL
    Scr1nrusher liked my sarcastic post #594. Of all the people in this thread you liked my post first ; ) no surprise as the agenda is being pushed further.
  3. Scr1nRusher

What agenda?

AA should be a counter, not a deterrence.

If you don't fear the counter, then you don't care about it.
    • Up x 2
  4. zuka7

Now I think it should take 3 instead of 8 seconds for a AA Max in the open field to kill 2 and deter 1 esf.
  5. zuka7

And pilots don't fly near big battles because of the bad framerate. DBG needs to do something about it. Perhaps a stalker infiltrator siting in the middle of it and recording air presence with a nice time lapse would help, you know for ballance purposes.
  6. Scr1nRusher

Pilots don't fly into big battles because muh K/D.
    • Up x 1
  7. Savadrin

Like INFs who bail out of their lightning and cloak to redeploy. I always try my best to roadkill them with the jeep. not because I care about the kill, but because they do.
  8. Badname707

Obviously. What an ignorant statement to make. Why pull an ESF if you're only MAYBE going to get a couple kills with it? You stay away from big fights because you might be gibbed before you do anything useful.
  9. Scr1nRusher

Infantry & ground vehicles don't stay away from big fights.
  10. Gabriell

it is clear that you don't fly
  11. Scr1nRusher

89% of all aircraft are A2G.

10% are A2A

1% are skynights.
  12. Savadrin

I specifically look for the biggest fights. Only Air stays away from 96/96.
  13. Cyropaedia

He doesn't look at the sky.
  14. Cyropaedia

Connery Air Zergs ARE the big battles (48-96).
  15. Sulsa

Doesn't it deter because it is feared?
    • Up x 1
  16. Gundem

And avoiding a situation that pretty much guarantees certain death is bad because... Reasons?

How about we rephrase that into something that's not biased, and properly represents the argument at hand:

Pilots don't fly near big battles because in 99% of cases, it means instant death.

Suddenly sounds less like AA is "such deterrent, much UP, many buffs, no mercy".

Just like we've said all along, AA is a soft counter, a deterrent that scales rapidly into a massively hard counter.
    • Up x 1
  17. Badname707

Because infantry and ground vehicles can use cover. It's way easier to fight when only a small fraction of the enemy can see you at any given time.

Are these numbers based on anything? I go purely nosegun, but I'm shooting at ground targets 50% of the time. Does this make me A2A, A2G, or a skyknight?

And have you ever considered the reasons a person might pick A2G? If all the pilots were A2A, they'd have almost no effect on the game whatsoever.
    • Up x 1
  18. MiguelZaibatsu

it's funny how you talk about air to ground but most of your esf kills are with the air hammer. Owned
    • Up x 1
  19. Scr1nRusher

"owned"?

Working on directives with a loadout I only use for very niche situations.
  20. MiguelZaibatsu

you have 4% of your playtime with a esf which means you never fly and you whine about esf's ground farming when 50% of your esf playtime is you using the airhammer. not to mention your garbage 1.7 kdr. you got owned son you are bad at this game
    • Up x 1