Ah, my least played class @ 2%.

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Grumblefern, May 28, 2015.

1. Grumblefern

So I've put 3000+ certs into medic. I've got max healy/revive stuff, the terminus, revive nades, rank 4 nanoweave, and so on. However, I rarely pull it. I forget it's even an option sometimes.

I consider myself an all-rounder player with the exception of the air game, and would like to get more use out of the medic class.

I need to get a feel for what fights it's really worth playing the class as. It's got no enjoyable combat tools like LA and Infil, it can't tank or mow down several targets in one clip like a heavy. Assault Rifles are crazy solid but I always just feel like "I wish I could use this on Light Assault".

Dead bodies can occasionally be all over the place but usually those are lost cause fights. Also, usually there are tons of medics fighting for that revive XP already.

Any tips you healbots can give me for when the class is most rewarding would be appreciated.
  2. LazyAsian

Hmm...

All good medics and go on kill streaks and revive an entire room with just his rez gun alone. A good medic can finish off a max alone when all the heavy assaults are dead. A good medic will listen to the chat box and look for that one guy who needs healing.

All hyperbole of course, but I digress.

Tips:
    • Combat is before Medic. Make sure you're clear of enemies before you start rezzing people.
    • People are meat shields. The more people you get up is another to cover your butt when you're reviving.
    • Put rez grenades on all your class loadouts. You'll never know when you'll need them. And since you're a medic, most of the time you'll be fighting indoors. A LA with C4 can take out an entire point and that one rez grenade will get them on their feet fast.
    • Listen to the chat box. If a guy is spamming V2 shut him up by finding him and healing him. I've saved the lives of many friendlies (and mine, by extension,) by topping them off.
    • Be the best medic! Revive every chance you get, heal every chance you get, and kill every time you get! Don't be that guy who that one guy complains about in yell chat about poor medics.
    • Stay at range, unless you want kills or rev ribbons.
    • Get medic Aruxium armor to be the best medic evar
    • Up x 1
  3. _itg

I'm also a "2% medic"--at least in spirit, if not literally--so I won't try to offer advice I'm not qualified to give. Still, 2% adds up to quite a bit of playtime in my case, so here are some thoughts:
    • Playing medic is mostly just about general infantry skills. Obviously you want to be aware of nearby corpses, but kill the nearby enemies first. If you plan on being away from the team, you're playing the wrong class (with the possible exception of directive farming).
    • A max rank shield bubble is crazy good for farming certs, especially at SNA/biofarm-type fights. That last rank really makes a difference because no one else can trump your bubble (there's a phrase for you) for the XP gain. Of course, since it costs 1,000 certs, the main reason you'd actually want this is to finish that section of the directive quickly.
    • If there are tons of medics fighting for revive XP, you're probably going to be more useful playing a different class, or at least not focusing your attention on reviving people.
    • Use your self-heal ability like a weak HA overshield. Conveniently, your HA reflexes will work in your favor here.
  4. cobaltlightning

Adding on here, your Resto-Kits and Medic Self Heals DO stack with eachother, giving you one hell of a crazy health regeneration rate, and could save your life much more efficiently than a medkit may in some situations.
  5. Drunk

At mid range, you are the God of Death (your AR will outgun ANY class at this range if handled properly, except maybe MAXes in a completely open field).
    At choke points, you are the God of Life (your nano Revive Tool and Shield Bubble)
    Just stick with your squad. Your are the only one able to keep up the momentum of the rush or to bring it back if it was was lost.
    And with your shield regen bubble you can focus your squad's effort and attention on the crucial objective and motivate them to move forward during those hard moments when the squad is being pinned down by the overhelming enemy fire and needs to move forward fast in a brutal way in order to regain the initiative.
  6. TechPriestess

Remember that the shield regenerator is a lot more useful in combat than your health restore aura. You'll rake in some crazy XP with it and you'll also be able to stay engaged for a longer period of time with the enemy. Since you can pop out of cover, down a target, crouch back down to have your shield regenerate then pop back up.

This can give you some crazy sustain in medium distance engagements not to mention any guys you revive will start regening shields automatically, which can help them not get stuck in the 'I LIVE! I DIE! I LIVE AGAIN!" loop of being revived in the middle of a firefight.
  7. Dudeman325420

The shield bubble is great, and can get you tons of certs, but don't forget what you're losing when you take it instead of Nano-Regen

You lose:
    -The ability to heal yourself without health kits (goodbye c4) or healing grenades (goodbye revive grenades).
    -The ability to heal allies without holding a medgun. This is a big deal, as a large number of deaths as a medic will be because you got jumped with your medgun out.
    -The ability to heal multiple allies at once without healing grenades. Revive grenades bring people up at 50% health, so when you toss one at a few friendlies you can dash over to them to heal them all at once with Nano-Regen.
  8. Lord_Avatar

True. They also love me up royally whenever I get into a firefight as an Engi... :D
    • Up x 1
  9. TheKhopesh

I've put 14,254 certs into my Engineer class, and all I ever use it for is the utility pouch for dropping extra tankmines/betties, and repairing friendly maxes/vehicles on the rare occasion when the mood strikes me.
    I'm not terribly fond of the class (I bear it no ill will, I just don't enjoy it much) in general.
  10. TheShrapnelKing

Common misconception. The term Combat Medic simply differentiates a medic who operates behind the frontlines from one who operates on them.
  11. RedArmy

im Engi almost 100%, my backup class is mainly Medic although it doesnt show it. only cuz i hate the TR LMGs. my only reason i dont play the medic more is cuz 1/3 of my kills are claymores. sure i get revive xp, but those dont make me giggle when i get them.
  12. GarryStutter

My major contribution to a lot of friends PS2 medic play. Is; run with flak armor, also give SMG's a shot. Good ttk pretty far out still, fast; weaponswitch, raising the weapon, movement.
  13. Vurvu

Of course, all of this Medic malarky is based off of dead players not respawning fairly quickly, as per instruction from the devs.

I should probably let go of that perception.
    And I will.

The Support Medic needs its support from a greater source, higher up.