After Spending a Few Hours In a VS MAX Unit, I Now Understand Why Everyone Plays Vanu

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AFK1, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AFK1

When I played NC, I never cared too much for the NC MAX Unit; while it is amazing in close quarters, and organized MAX formations on the NC are pretty much impossible to kill, I don't really enjoy shotguns as the only viable anti-infantry weapons. I would only use the NC MAX when we needed more MAX units for a MAX crash, just to help soak damage and clear out indoor areas. Most of the time on the NC, I prefer to play a Heavy Assault, or a Medic; they contribute to the team, and their weapons can kill at range (unlike the NC MAX). The NC MAX also cannot sustain it's damage, you just empty the magazine too fast, and have a lot of reload downtime; so playing a Heavy Assault is often more useful as it lets me just continually kill everything

The TR MAX isn't really worth mentioning, it lacks the close range kill potential of the NC MAX, and is essentially just a worse version of a Heavy Assault with extra health

The VS MAX, however, is a truly amazing piece of equipment. It has infinite kill potential in close range, medium range, and even medium-long range. It can't reliably hit targets as far as Assault Rifles or LMGs, but the added survivability makes up for that in 90% of situations. The VS MAX is also comically easy to use; no effort is required at all. I have two guys that healbot my VS MAX unit, and I can just hold down left click and right click, and I will kill anything that I look at. It's as simple as that, just walk around holding my left click and right click down, look at things, and win (all while being invulnerable to small arms fire, and every explosive other than C4 and AV grenades)

The new resource system, and the removal of the MAX cooldown ensures that I am never forced to go without my VS MAX unit. Even if I manage to both die, and not get revived (both very uncommon), I can simply go spawn another VS MAX unit. In order to be forced out of the VS MAX unit, I would need to lose the VS MAX unit twice within like 5 minutes, and that will literally never happen - in the hypothetical event that it did, I could just tab out for 1 minute, and then spawn a new VS MAX unit with my new nanites

TL;DR: I spent several hours using the VS MAX unit, and now see why everyone plays VS. VS is more fun than TR and NC, because you can just sit in the VS MAX unit all day, and still be effective, whereas the TR and NC MAX units are only effective in close quarters, and cannot pick up kills as easily
    • Up x 1
  2. Badname707

Never understood how people don't see the VS MAX as OP in relation to the others. It's almost as good as an NC MAX at close range (with a larger ammo capacity) and can be reliably used in field battles as well as CQC. "But ZOE is useless!" Okay, so are all of the MAX ES abilities. ZOE may be particularly useless, but it's still on the most functional MAX of the three.
  3. Ztiller

Are we complaining about the VS MAX now too?

Let's see.

PPA: Check
    Orion: Check
    Betelguse: Check
    Lancer: Check
    Vortex: Check
    Spiker: I can't believe it, but check
    Magrider: Check
    Lasher: Check
    VS MAX: Check
    VS Camo: Check
    Scythe: Check

And i'm sitting here wondering why the NC and TR aren't warpgated on every single server and continent.

Apparently we are massively out-populating everybody else now too. Amazing, seeing as how we have 31% global pop. Shows what i know.
    • Up x 10
  4. OminousZ

Here we go...now let's nerf our max too...you people are ridiculous. I thought the Battlefield forums were bad...but this forum is horrible. Nerf everything that kills you...what do you think will happen if you are only a few feet away from any max unit? The VS has horrible range.
  5. LibertyRevolution

The VS max and the TR max are basically the same.
    The only difference is that Mercy got hit with gently with the nerf bat and Blueshifts did not.
    I would rather them undo the mercy changes, than to nerf the blueshifts...

If you want to know why everyone plays VS.. Play Orion Heavy for a day..
    • Up x 1
  6. OldMaster80

Everyone play Vanu? Lol.
  7. sindz

So much crap in that original post its unreal. You pull a MAX for close range engagemente, since they are all bad at range. Yes VS MAX is the "best" at range, but its still beyond crap. VS MAX is the weakest CQC, whereas the NC is the best, TR 2nd. Yes, TR MAX is better CQC than VS.

Now tell me about this "added survivability makes up for that in 90% of situations. The VS MAX is also comically easy to use; no effort is required at all." Because you need a PhD to play NC and MX max? what exactly is difference in holdign down your mouse buttons with extra health?

And lastly: "all while being invulnerable to small arms fire"

Pathetic post in yet another pathetic justification for getting X item nerfed because it killed you.

Sigh.
    • Up x 3
  8. Xasapis

This thread is kind of funny, considering that the anti-infantry potential of the VS MAX is almost a carbon copy of the TR MAX and the anti-vehicle potential of the VS MAX is the worst out of all the three MAXes.

Bottom line is that overall, the VS MAX is the worst MAX out of the three. If provoked, I'll post numbers and graphs. Again.

Placebo effect is full in effect OP.
    • Up x 2
  9. PsSeras

you forgot SVA 88, 0.75 ADS LMG wtf
  10. Nody

Dear Poster,

Please have a clue about what you post about before making yourself look like as a fool by talking about things you don't have even an inkling of understanding about.

Yours truly,
    The PS 2 Community
    • Up x 5
  11. Villanuk

I think an argument could be made that the VS max is the most versatile in some aspects but OP as a MAX, certainly not.
  12. Paragon Exile

I want to believe this is a troll.
  13. MajiinBuu

One can dream
  14. DG-MOD-04

Going to go ahead and lock this down to curtail the further posting of non-constructive responses.
    When posting, please make sure your post abides by the Forum Guidelines.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.