After-patch Stalkers

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by BlackSteel97, Sep 7, 2016.

1. BlackSteel97

Stalker Cloak + Chameleon Module + EMP Shield + Melee Adjustments + Sneaking Skills

Experienced Stalkers will be even harder to find man
    • Up x 1
  2. Klondor

It's important to remember that EMP Shield implant does not 100% protect against EMP, if they are within the vicinity of the effect, they can, and will be forced out of their cloak, it just depends on how fast you locate them before they can re-engage their cloak.
  3. LaughingDead

And thanks to the extra 50 HP, slow high damage weapons will be harder to use, like cerb and rebel for stalker.
  4. BlackSteel97

With EMP Shield 3 I've never been forced out of cloak. The cloak shimmers and the duration is reduced but I stay cloaked.
    And now with the Chameleon Module the shimmer is gone.
  5. Klondor

Really? Because i run EMP shield 4, and i was forced out of deep cloak by an EMP grenade that landed about 3 meters away from me in a small fight, though i was not running chameleon, i was still promptly killed.
  6. CuteBeaver

Do keep in mind (we are not sure if this is a bug or limitation with games mechanics) Chamelon only protects when you have a player shield active... If you are down to just your health (no player shield) your cloak will still shimmer when hit. That being said It should be pretty easy for us to manage keeping a player shield active on our bodies since they do recharge.

Still worth mention because this drawback affects how "good" this suit slot is for fleeing from enemies who have already done considerable damage to you. I wager how effective Chameleon suit slot actually is will come down to a play-style thing. A person like myself who is extremely aggressive and rides their condition low for 3 second chunks of carnage, may not wish to switch to Cham since I cannot use it for countering afterwards. Id get better mileage out of using EMP x4 and Bando. However if a person changed their methods and instead of going after groups of enemies or chaining a string of ambushes rapidly... Say... instead they go for 1 target at a time and space out the time between their attacks more, they would probably maintain their personal shields and still be healthy enough to have a shield active and Chameleon would make countering the next enemy who is following you a little bit easier (and less risky). More of a lure someone, kill them, baiting the next person to follow you and counter them kind of thing. A new play style might develop around pacing yourself and keeping that shield active and being super manipulative because we have access to this suit slot now. Its a potential game changer.

Someone a little more choosy or using a different, weapon setups, or loudout combinations we don't normally try might fall in absolute love with Chameleon because of the extra doubt and confusion you can create with it. (Potentially) Sorry for the ramble. The only reason I am mentioning this at all is to draw attention to the downsides of using it "defensively" when fleeing since you need that personal shield recharged in order for it to work, and the upside to using it for attacking / doubt creation while in good health. I'll leave it to you guys to unravel the combinations with implants, and build the meta around this one.

I won't be able to jump in and do testing or playing until my PC is back up and running. (Motherboard died.) This is really one of the more interesting additions to our class. It has much potential for mind games. Don't hold back, find creative combinations to use with this suit slot. Its very interesting. Consider ways to maximise your shields or make cleaner kills to lower risk of damage between your take downs. This could be very good at a distance and potentially up close if the player can make an effort to maintain their player shield.

Also those knife changes are amazing <3 Melee Revamp actually happened! I cannot wait to get back and play soon.

Crossbow will be getting buffed soon for Auxy, and Iv politely requested Wrel keep and eye open regarding the Cerby / Rebel performance which were negatively affected by Auxy Shield.

@ Blacksteel I hope you keep experimenting with this. Let us know what your thoughts and feelings are in a couple weeks. Chameleon will be an interesting topic for discussion I am sure in days to come. Also major thanks to Iridar for getting on and testing Chameleon functionality while (not) under the affects of player shield. I am stuck on this paperweight of a laptop. ^_^ Have fun guys let me know how it goes!
  7. PanzerGoddess

hunter + cham isnt too bad. Its definitely reduced the shimmer effect during medium and cqc play. I usually run ksr35 and tsar42 for long to cqc and for medium and long its def a huge plus, specially against vs guns. CQC has its perks too, specially if your using your environment, makes it alot harder to get hit specially if your cloaking in and out as well as getting distance between the enemy when needed.
  8. PanzerGoddess

your right even with cham, still a second of de-cloak. Ive run emp 4 with cham and still de-cloaks you, however the re-cloak recovery is quick and Ive been told there is no shimmer as well even with taking hits.
  9. Iridar51

That's not actually how it works. When your personal shield goes down = when it is fully depleted = your shields will produce one bright flash. But that is all. There will be no more shield shimmers if you get shot while shield is down.

Like in this vid:

While shields are up, they will produce small whole-body shimmers when shot.
    When shields go down, they emit one bright flash with sparkles flying off.

Chameleon removes the first, leaves the second.
    • Up x 1
  10. Nepau

That's more dependent on their current Energy levels. I run with EMP shield 2 or so on one of my stalker loadouts and unless I'm at 50% or lower I've yet to be kicked out of my cloak from an EMP.
  11. Nepau

From my understanding what the Implant does is reduce the effect of the EMP, which is a % effect on your shields/energy. At the time do you remember what your cloak energy was at? Was it at full or was is rather low?
  12. ReptilePete

I have to say, I find this discussion all largely irrelevant. Pre patch, post patch. Difference is negilgible. Shimmer swimmer David Schwimmer. Time spent debating on this you could be planting a cross bow bolt in the enemys head.
  13. Problem Officer

Does the cloak need to shimmer on hit to give away position?
    There's also bullets hitting air for others and crosshair confirming hits for the shooter.
    The cloak shimmer isn't that big a deal.
    EMP shows confirmation so even with no 3d visual an infil's general location is still revealed.
    All in all this only proves difficult for the shooter not having a full auto weapon, darklight or smaller explosive.
    • Up x 1
  14. CuteBeaver

Thanks for the explanation that cleared it up. I think i misunderstood your point early in steam. I don't think I will be switching to this suit slot anytime soon. I could deal with potentially having to keep a shield active for perks, but honestly bullet sparks are what I was most afraid of. Its just not viable if the enemy is still getting some kinda feedback on your position. However at least its still useful at range for counter sniping.
  15. Klondor

At the time, i believe it was full, or at least recovering in the high percentages.
    I was sitting around a corner in a room filled with my allies, and an EMP grenade landed directly in front of me, and i was instantly removed from my cloak, but my HUD, and energy weren't impacted much due to the implant.