Advices about med-long ranges weapons.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by customer548, Feb 20, 2016.

1. customer548

Hi,

I'm looking for advices about med-long ranges weapons for LA. For the 3 factions.

Thank you.
  2. Demigan

The burst weapons are CQC to long range from my perspective.

In CQC you can easily hipfire them accurately at the head. At longer ranges they remain powerful due to their great accuracy increase and pretty good DPS at range.
    The NC AC-something was also a pretty good one for long-range, too bad it leaves you incredibly vulnerable at short ranges.
    I also found that the standard carbines for all factions are pretty good generalist weapons for short to long range.
  3. Iridar51

I assume you've seen my carbine guide? I don't think I can offer much beyond that.

Honestly, it's not so much about weapons themselves - most carbines range from decent to very good. It's more about how you use them. Recoil control, CoF control, movement and picking engagements - that sort of thing. First two come from weapon mechanics and general gunplay skills, last two - from your LA expertise. And of course, both improve with experience.

I know you probably already seen all this, I'm just posting the links here for somebody that didn't. Sorry that I can't be of more help without more specifics.
  4. customer548

Thanks to both of you.
  5. Eternaloptimist

As Demigan said, the burst variants of the stock carbines are really good at medium to long range.

For TR I can also say from my own experience that the Jaguar full auto carbine is crazy accurate even with a high RoF, especially with a fore grip - and possibly even better than the Trac 5 burst

I haven't tried them but I understand the ACX11 for NC and the Pulsar C for VS are supposed to be good long range carbines but they both have too low a RoF for me to be tempted - try them out is VR if you want but frankly, I've been playing for two years now and I run burst or Jag, depending on faction
  6. Nehlis

ACX-11 for NC definitely. It's a beast to handle but with patience and skill will absolutely destroy anyone at mid-long range.
  7. customer548

I finally bought the Jaguar; it is definitly a nice upgrade. The Cougar seems to be really cool too.
    I'll check the other Empires a bit later.
    Thank you for your help.