Advice for starting Infiltrator?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Okjoek, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Jawarisin

Another zergling rejoined the fray!
    As I see it, you probably won't ever be happy. The infiltrator is a skill-demanding class, which engineer/HA aren't. Even LA, which has a bit more of skill to it, is not as skill-demanding as infiltrator.

So what I see here is someone who doesn't like a challenge. Nothing against you though, and props for giving it a try. But saying that the game is this or that when you haven't really played this class is presumptuous. And allow me to be presumptuous even more and bet that my stats are better than yours even though I'm playing infiltrator, and my most used (or is it second?) is a sniper rifle (SAS-R, equivalant of the tsar-42).
  2. Okjoek

I'm still trying, but I'm just thinking that I picked the wrong weapon. I'm thinking either a sub machine gun or the TRAP-M1 which can fire bursts might be right for me because I'm not that great with the bolt action.

In all though I really miss that feeling I get when I blow up a vehicle with mines/ explosives that the other classes provide.
  3. Jawarisin

Don't get the TRAP-M1, it will be pure disappointment.
    Grab and SMG. I don't really know how well you can make certs, but assuming that you've played and certed the other classes, 1000 certs shouldn't bee too much. Just buy the Armistice, and the basic attachements: silencer/soft point/extended mags (or laser sight)/sight of preference.
    See how you like it then.
  4. Shadowofsteel

The TRAP-M1 is more of a Scout Rifle than it is a Sniper Rifle, but it has a fair bit of range, even if you probably shouldn't use it at max range, because the damage is laughable. It is a great choice for close range battles with it's 3-round-burst, and if you need the accuracy for mid-range, the 2-round-burst. It is a very skill demanding weapon, so it's not something to try out too early into your game.
  5. Jawarisin

There's more effective weapons for the job in every single role and even for all the combined roles on the TRAP. A weapon to avoid imo. Though I haven't used it, so there's that.
  6. Shadowofsteel

It falls in between the roles of the Automatic Scout Rifles and Semi-Automatic Scout Rifles, and almost requires you to flank the enemy and use a supressor.
  7. Jawarisin

It is useless.
    Can you KILL with it? yes you can. Can you kill infantry with the lancer? Yes you can. Can you snipe with Rocket Launchers, yes you can.
    But none of it s good at that. The trap CAN KILL but for anything that it can do, there is something else that will do it better.
  8. blzbug

Ummm....that 2nd one is a cow :p
    If your tutelage can actually change the student's species, you are a hell of an instructor :)
    Given the obnoxious, durable and spastic nature of goats, they are probably more suited to a spray and pray HA than a sniper inf.
  9. MisterSlim

Oh no you didn't just call into question my species analysis abilities! It just goat serious! Prepare for the bleating of a lifetime!
    [IMG]

I knew it, I DO have fans! ^.^
  10. Lonecat

Question for pros:
    I have the Cyclone/cassette player, but I'm wondering if scout rifles are worth it? SMGs are "OK", but I rarely have the jump on my enemy.
    I really like the idea of mid range "sniper guns" - is it what scout rifles are? Also: auto or semi auto?
  11. Iridar51

Full auto scout rifle is basically heavily nerfed assault rifle. It has worse accuracy, low DPS and low DPM, and low velocity. It's still has longer effective range than an SMG, especially with Forward Grip, but much less effective in CQC, and punishes bad accuracy.

Semi auto scout rifles bridge the gap between assault rifles and semi-auto sniper rifles. They're much more mobile than sniper rifles due to better accuracy on the move, but do a bit less damage. Overall it's a good weapon class, especially the NS-30 Vandal that has 75% ADS.
  12. Lonecat

Thanks! I will try one of them and see if I like the weapons.