[Guide] Advanced C4Fu: Drifter Catapult Armor Demolition

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by belthazor3457, Jul 11, 2015.

1. belthazor3457

*Yawns*

So apparently some people are still a bit confused as to how to properly control the drifters when combining them with a jump pad, and accordingly, using them to delete large groups of tanks. I made a supplemental C4Fu video to explain this process. Kay? 'Kay. Breaktime for massages.

Ponies.
    • Up x 6
  2. sebastian oscar post

still confuse....
  3. belthazor3457

Ponies.
  4. Iridar51

Ponies.
    • Up x 1
  5. belthazor3457

^
  6. Iridar51

Even ponies! :eek:

[IMG]
  7. FBVanu

Nice video.. basically shows that C4 is too easy... totally OP... and should be nerfed into oblivion...
  8. Iridar51

What if I use a jump pad and drift myself behind a sniper and knife him to death? Does this mean knife is OP and should be nerfed to oblivion? /logic
    • Up x 2
  9. FBVanu

I should have used the 'sarcasm' tag... sorry about that.
    • Up x 1
  10. Pat22

To practice, it helps to lay down a waypoint.

Open your map and envision the trajectory between two jump pads. Halfway through that trajectory, create a perpendicular line to that trajectory and place a waypoint on that perpendicular line at about the same distance from the center of the inter-jump pad line as the jump pads themselves.
    ( So if the jump pads are 200m apart, the center point is 100m from each jump pad, and your waypoint should be about 100m to the direct left or right of that center point )

Now when you take the jump pad, don't do anything until you reach that midway point. When you do reach it, look to your waypoint, hit W and activate your jump jets. You trajectory will begin to turn in that direction. Keep your crosshairs pointed directly at that waypoint, think of it as your anchor, the central point of your rotation.

This, however, is just for practice. Once you figure out how it works, you can place your anchor anywhere you want, and begin the rotation at any point in the jump pad's trajectory. It all comes with practice.

Note that this also works with the standard Jump Jets as well, though the drifters are better if you're looking for extra range or hang time to hover over your target.
    If your jump is short, however, and you know you can make it with standard jump jets, you get a better chance of escape once you're on the ground.
    Icarus jump jets also technically work but they give you almost no freedom as they burn their fuel too fast to make any significant trajectory or distance changes.

This can also be applied without the Jump Pad. Flying in arcs with all jets will get your more speed and distance for your money, even if the effect is less pronounced without a jump pad.
  11. Demigan

The exact same could be said for Reverse Maneuver, which is based on a similar bug in the code. But hey! That's already a 'feature' right?

But I think it's great that you attack the C4... rather than the fact that the catapult maneuver or whatever you want to call it is what helps them get there and utilize the C4 in the first place. Or that this is only one class that can use C4 that way, or that other classes can't use it that way and are much less used for C4 attacks on vehicles (I've personally only seen C4 on other classes only once in a blue moon).

As Iridar said, does the maneuver make knifing OP? Or is the Maneuver OP? If we remove this feature, shouldn't we be removing/fixing Reverse Maneuver and Hover Fighting as well?
    Personally, I would make both RM and Catapulting an actual feature so it's easier accessible to everyone rather than some hidden thing in the game that gives massive advantages to the one's who know and trained in it. To fix the LA with C4, it needs to have much better tools, abilities and utilities to content with C4 fairying, only then can we talk about nerfs to C4, changes to LA carrying enough explosives to destroy vehicles (such as the Thermite charge that you carry 4 of but deal half C4 damage to extend planting time)
  12. Iridar51

The guy said he wasn't serious, lay stay your pitchfork, man :)
    • Up x 1
  13. Demigan

Yeah I read it just now, but hadn't taken the time this morning, sorry about that FBVanu.
  14. belthazor3457

To be fair, it seems a less sarcastic and more convincing line next to a tank profile pic. Internet controversies have been started for less.
  15. FBVanu

Sorry everyone.. I kinda knew I was going to start something.... I actually got blown away by a drifter jump jet, in my Prowler, TWICE in a row.. which is something that almost never happens.. I mean 'never'. Gave the player a GG in chat. Drifter and C4 are some of the deadliest vs tanks. I stay away from jump pads.. far , far away... since then.
  16. Pat22

That or put a Kobalt as your secondary and tell your gunner to specifically keep an eye out for Light Assaults coming from jump pads. That'll pretty much renders them useless.
  17. sebastian oscar post

uh