Adrenaline pump

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Naaahhhhh, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Naaahhhhh

Is adrenalin pump competitive for smg infl against nano weave or grenade bundel?
  2. Eternaloptimist

EMP 'nades help you and allies in combat situations by dropping enemy shields and blowing deployables - so they seem like a good choice if you are mixing it up in combat with others (so long as you don't catch your allies in the AoE).

If you are a lone hunter nanoweave will stop a few bullets if you come under attack. Might give you long enough to get out of the line of fire.

Adrenaline pump gives you something like 5% faster sprint speed IIRC so, would you prefer to avoid getting hit by being a faster moving target or survive getting hit just that little bit longer? It's all down to personal playstyle and preference I think.

Personally, I only snipe or run stalker and I go for nanoweave as I regard it as inevitable that I will catch at least a few bullets if I am seen. Nano also helps me against friendly fire if I find I am stalking someone who then gets in a firefight with an ally.
  3. Corezer

id go with ASC, helps u recover from close range EMP's where u need to splash urself a bit and unlike other classes the infiltrator is better equipped to escape for short periods and **** out that quick recharge for reattacks.
  4. LaughingDead

Depends on what cloak you're using.
    If it's hunter, the duration of the cloak is what's important however if you're sniping it would not be a bad idea to close as much ground as possible since all damage is moot as long as you remain hidden. If you're in active combat with an SMG or scout, nano or ASC wouldn't be bad choices.

If it's nano armor cloak, you're going to be in active combat, however I am unsure if the resistances stack, so ASC is probably the best one for this cloak, much like the heavy's classic abused by everyone resist shield combo.

If it's stalker pump would probably be best. You're not going to win a straight up fight most of the time, in fact if you fail your attack you are either dead or running, the extra 5% run speed is helpful here, along with making the most out of your cloak when you're moving.

Bandolier is situational, you either want one EMP or 4, often however I simply go with other options, in a support build however this could be useful.

ASC is your best friend since you only have 400 HP, allowing you to get back into combat quickly right after decloaking.

Flak is a solid choice in stalker or SMG play, stopping mines or grenades from outright killing you is ok, but generally you can play around explosives.

Nanoweave is often for brawlers but smart infils almost always have the drop, so this is more for when your opponents have high DPSCQ weapons.
  5. CuteBeaver

For a stalker: The only time I would ever consider .... even remotely recommending the pump would be when using power knives. Simply because you can keep up to your target a tiny little bit better when following them. Nanoweave would probably be better.

Myth #1) Pump prevents speed loss: No. Sorry, The pump does not stop you from loosing speed during the stabbing attempt and it does nothing to increase viability against moving targets. Pump only helps close the gaps between you and the target and maintain the correct distance to the target. (Or flee...)

What is better then the Pump for Knifing?:

Mastering mid air knife attacks. (Jump + knife) tactics prevents you from slowing down during a stabbing attempt. This is far more valuable then just following behind your enemy. By leaping into the air and knifing the target you have a greater chance of successfully stabbing them and overcoming the speed reductions attached to knife attacks. Otherwise the moment you try and stab someone - your character slows down to a walking speed. (Pump does not help with walking only sprinting). Jump + Knife will not slow you down and allow you to remain on the targets position.

Myth #2) Pump Makes You Parkour Better:

No, Sorry, Pump does not make you Parkour better... It has a minimal speed increase when sprinting... only when sprinting.... and it does not actually take away any movement reducing penalties. So the moment you begin jumping around, the speed gains are lost, and your momentum is reduced at the same rate as everyone else. Additionally pump does not provide any extra fuel or power to go up and over objects. (Only jump slightly longer distance - and only when maximum sprinting speed) You will still have the same base momentum and experience the same reductions applied to your character when chaining jumps.

Whats better then the Pump?:

A / D (Left or Right) strafe keys have their own separate movement (fuel) values. Until they are used strafe won't be affected by jumping penalties. So if a player wants to get a quick boost in speed, simply do not use the strafe keys until reaching towards the end of their climb. As you run out of steam using forward movement, simply dig your shoulder into the surface and use the strafe keys to inject speed and assist in finishing the climb. ( Its like having a backup fuel tank, or second wind. )

TLDR: The only time the pump is really useful if when you want to increase the distance you can travel (Snipers / Possibly Stalkers who have a hard time staying close to target with a power knife. In the stalkers case. Bando, Ammo Belt, Nanoweave would probably be a better choice in that order.)
  6. Naaahhhhh

Thank you for your answers. I mainly play with semi auto sniper/ cqc sniper and smg. So I will stick to nano weave.
    I thought EMP grenades were nerfed? Am I wrong?
  7. CuteBeaver

Not yet, give them a patch or two. Soon EMPs will no longer remove the Heavies Overshield or Drain any class ability accept our own / other infiltrators abilities. From my understand it will still remove infantry shields, and take out mines, deployable items, and affect engineer turrets.
  8. Sil4ntChaozz

The mid-air knife in my terms is called a raptor leap. You had a faster sprint speed as scout in DUST514 but it was much more stylish to jump, charge knife, slash on the way down, plus if the victim turned around you were harder to hit. You couldn't charge knife while sprinting either, (we had a glitch where we could and it was AWESOME, but it got fixed:mad:)

So to counter the full sprint to walking you'd sprint jump charge knife slash on the way down. Oh were talking about adrenaline pump. Adrenaline pump wouldn't be necessary if sprint speed was balanced properly. Infils highest sprint speed, Maxes lowest. No way in hell should a heavy be able to sprint as fast as an infil. My biased opinion, scouts were infamous (not in the good way) back on DUST so I get extremely defensive when it comes to scout like classes.

My opinion is still valid!:D
  9. customer548

As a Smg Infi, Adrenaline Pump may be useful in one single case : attacking Biolabs. (My own gameplay).

Look at those guys camping your teleporter room. Depending on the size of the fight, you may use Adren Pump in order to get around in a quick way. You'll finally get in their back. Throw your Emp, wreck the camping Engies+ turrets, wreck Engies who are repairing those Maxes (it'll help your teammates trapped in their teleporter room), then quickly focus the Medics around. Die. Redo.Many times. Your opponents should feel insecured and will have to make more space beetween them and your teleporter room. Good for your teammates.

Adren Pump is not a "competitve" option if you plan to face your oppponents.