[Suggestion] Adrenaline Pump Extended

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Minsc, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Minsc

After a bit of cert research I have discovered our 2nd ability/utility: adrenaline pump. It is unique to LA and contributes to our mobility. But it is very lacking as a unique ability and doesn't really feel special.

The idea is to expand Adrenaline Pump by adding a tiered progression to it.
    Level 1 : 30 certs : 10% increase in sprint speed
    Level 2 : 50 certs : 15% increase in sprint speed, 2.5% general move speed increase (doesn't stack with sprint)
    Level 3 : 100 certs : 20% increase in sprint speed, 5% general move speed increase
    Level 4 : 200 certs : 25% increase in sprint speed, 7.5% general move speed increase
    Level 5 : 500 certs : 30% increase in sprint speed, 10% general move speed increase

Total cost : 880 certs (akin to HA shield, ammo pack, repair gun, jump jets)
    • Up x 2
  2. Kronic

Damn those are some steep prices, but it looks good lol. I'd definately use that over my current nanoweave armour.
  3. Minsc

Steep prices yes, but I'm trying to keep them balanced with other classes. It's cheaper than Nanoweave, ammo belts, and flak armor too. The final level would also make us quite fast while running, sprinting, scoping, and crouching. Also, the speed would improve jump jet range.
  4. Wolfwood82

Would be useful to be able to move faster, but honestly I think it should be a separate utility, maybe replace your utility slot (C4/medkits) with it. Or even potentially replace JJs with it as a primary ability.

With those kinds of boosts in movement, LA would tear it up as regular infantry. Especially if you could combine it with grenade belt or nano-weave armor.

Could make it an active ability that used energy like the JJs, double the values, and call it SURGILE!
  5. Lakora

I don't know... Does anyone know what the current one is supposed to give? Is it actually 10% currently? Whatever it is that's obviously the starting point.

Also since it goes into the same slot as Nanoweave/grenade belt it doesn't really become as OP as it might sound. :p It would be nice since it would add something that gave LA an edge over other classes in straight up 1v1 against other combat infantry. Basically everything but Infiltrators since they can "easily" get away anyway.

Heavy got shield, Medic can heal, Engi got a placeable barrier... LA got jetpack but jetpack doesn't help much in combat cause of the CoF increase.
  6. Minsc

In beta I think it said 30% but never seemed to be THAT fast. I think they lowered it and never gave a new number.

And it would be a great ability to have indoors where the jump jets aren't as useful, you can run circles around everyone!
  7. cardboardbacon

Agreed 100%, OP.

Adrenaline pump just isn't a viable option at the moment; it really deserves it's own cert-tree.
  8. altonyc

This is a good idea. I use adrenaline pump because it affects me mentally (positively), but it would be nice if it had a real effect, as well.
  9. Zhorg

+1! I like this idea alot. Seems like a very balanced idea
  10. Kayth

Fully agree. The certs are actually very reasonable I think considering the benefit you are getting. I like the passive boost it gives as well, really emphasizes mobility for the class.
  11. MasterCheef

adrenaline pump sprint should be tied to the F button.
  12. Minsc

I don't think we need an F button ability. Every class has 1 already, ours just happens to be set to the space bar instead of F.

The thing we are missing is a tool. Infils->dart, Engies->repair gun, Medics->heal gun, heavies->rocket launcher (it's even called tool in the loadout menu). But LA and Engies are the only class to have a special suit slot. And the engie one is tiered too! Why isn't ours?
  13. Deschain

Got it never use it, i prefer 3 Grenades +2 C4 and my trusty Nova. Current boost is 10% which is not worth slotting it when 3 grenades as the potential to kill 21 players.
  14. Minsc

Exactly, the 10% boost isn't much. It can throw off sniper leading, but not by much. Hence extending it to be able to compete with the grenade bandolier.