Addressing the Heavy Assault shield

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Crowne, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Crowne

Thank you. :) I think quite a few ardent heavy assault evangelists would disagree with you, but then again they don't know me. ;)
    The highlighted part... where is that coming from? Is there an official class description that says every class is there to support Heavies?

This is a game about multifaceted gameplay. About strategy, gunplay, deception, ambushes, etc.

Not only other infantry Just Like Everyone Else, but Mainly vehicles, which is why they have the Heavy guns.
    Light assault.
    Combat Medic.
    Combat Engineer.
    Infiltrator.

The heavy plays the support role of supporting every other supporting role against heavy machinery. It's a teamplay based game. We're all meant to have a support role, along with a combat role. There is no one to rule them all.
  2. Crowne

True, and everyone, in every faction, every platoon/squad benefits equally from having a medic revive them. The medic him/herself cannot revive him/herself simply by pushing F. It may be overpowered, but it is equally overpowered to any team that plays as a team in a team-based game. Reviving is not an individualistically overpowered ability affecting only its user.

Agreed.
    In beta, infiltrators had shotguns. It was overpowered. The shotguns were taken away entirely. A delay, which people rage against regarding a heavy shield, was instituted on the cloak, along with a sound indicating the use of cloaking. The invisibility of the cloak has been tweaked many, many times in an effort to keep it from being overpowered.

I'm perfectly fine with changes happening to classes. I think people who would have argued their infiltrator tactics should never be considered for revision would have been wrong, just as I believe people who argue their heavy tactics should never be considered for revision are wrong now.
  3. Crowne

In my opinion, 3 and 4 would be too punitive.
    I'm not sure 2 is needed if there is 1. Diversity is a good thing. Different situations may call for the appropriate shield type, which I think makes the class more interesting, nuanced for people who enjoy it.

My vote would be with something along the lines of number 1. I'd expect 2 seconds will be too shocking and upsetting for most, but it should be something that actually has an effect on gameplay... at least to begin with. It can always be tweaked after a trial period of 90 days, or 60, 30? Some amount of time as we understand it.
  4. DeadlyPeanutt

funny thing about the HA over shield is that it's addictive.

I just started playing HA regularly and when i go back to my engie main and i get into a 1v1, i press F automatically, throwing an ammo pack at the bad, which really doesn't work that well :)

seriously tho, the HA shield is a 1v1 win ticket with pretty much any class that isn't HA or MAX... BUT other than 1v1, the HA is very limited, relying on engies like me for ammo. HA is a one trick pony, although it's a good trick