Address the real issues...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by lyravega, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Pikachu

You make it sound like these limitations of kind are always bad. I hear the BF games have limits on how many vehicles can be present and people seem to enjoy it.Some choices doesn make things worse. I like the lattice. It just needs to br adapted for satellite bases and their main.
    • Up x 2
  2. Sen7rygun

I agree with Pikas assessment.
    Even though I personally prefer the original open hex/influence system of base capture, the lattice had to happen because even on heavily populated servers players were using the systen to avoid fights and ghost cap rather than voluntarily engage in combat anywhere other than a small handful of key locations across the entire game.

Sometimes some limits have to be enforced in order to create a more workable system for the greater population. This game is still the proverbial untamed wild west in comparison to its next biggest competitor (Battlefailed) when it comes to scale, combined arms play, freedom of tactics and choice of armaments and methods of combat. There's also plenty of meta game to be had once you get your head around the nuances of the system and how you and your teams actions effect the enemy and their plans.
    • Up x 1
  3. RHYS4190

maybe give resource bonus if you under poped and a heath bonus
  4. FateJH

Looks like a dump truck that drove through the bad side of town.

That'd be going back to how things were before you could shoot out through the shields. You want to kow why they were implemented? They were implemented because people were trapping themselves inside the spawn rooms when they were surrounded, some refusing to give up on base recapture and the rest playing peek-and-shoot with the attackers who crowded around the spawn area. It doesn't seem workable to go back to the same point where we started to solve the problem that got us from where to started to where we are now.
  5. HerpTheDerp

Believe me, XP-wise, being the defender against a zerg is much, much more profitable.
  6. Kracin

not mentally for most people it isn't.

techincally speaking when you are shooting from cover at people rushing at you, and the odds are against you, you have a much better chance of getting more kills than they do, but overall more frustrating to lose the base anyway even if you end up with more xp in the end.
  7. tundranvaltias

The Crown before the change was just terrible. 1-2 squads of people holding a platoon+ at bay just giggling and yelling how good farming is today. Now it promotes active defending which is a lot better.

I also like the AMS ticket thing, it would at least be interesting to try out see how it affects the game. The spawn shootingthroughtheshields is just terrible also. You have new people or statpadders just standing behind the shield shooting way before the battle is even over. Really frustrating when you're trying to defend an AMP station for example and a squad of people are just camping inside the spawn.

Spawn layout should promote active defending not passive but it's hard though since eventually you're going to have to come out from somewhere and that point is gonna get camped by attackers.

I don't know about expanding the nodeploy zone. Guess it would be worth a try on bigger bases like AMP stations or tech plants.. maybe have the generators have something to do with that.. or maybe just have a teleport in the spawn room that just teleports people around the base randomly and when they appear they shoot confetti and make a fart sound. I don't envy the base designers, they have a tough job.
  8. TheFamilyGhost

Game design will never promote active defense. Only players will. For the sake of dialogue, active defense is not conducted at the enemy's cap points.
  9. RHYS4190

Well there probably making spawn rooms like that because that what there going to be like when PS2 goes to PS4, I really don't know what SOE is planning on doing are they going to turn PS2 into a copy of Cod or battle field with maybe 64 players, i don't know how putting this game on the PS4 is going to work going from 2000 to 64 a bit ****.
    • Up x 1
  10. Kallowe

Defense is by it's nature passive.
    • Up x 1
  11. Tuco

I've seen those "organized" players definition of active defenses when outnumbered. You guys stand just as much as a chance of winning as an equal number of randoms. Really you guys don't do anything different.

Now if you want defenders to effectively defend when outnumbered than we need tools to do so, and those tools are the:

1) PS1 AMS
    2) PS1 mines
    3) PS1 spitfires
    4) PS1 motion detectors
  12. lyravega

That's the think I "whined" about for. Base designs are too easy to spawn camp. And just having one point of spawn/exit is making it far too easy for the attackers, most of the time.

It is why I have made suggestions related to bases. Some bases have teleporters that take the defenders to other protected buildings for example, just a simple difference, at it makes camping much harder since attackers need to divide their attention, instead of just looking at one building.