[Suggestion] Add kill streak service ribbons to infantry directive objectives

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fatal_Finn, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Fatal_Finn

Right now there's a service ribbon for 3 kills streak and it's not really used anywhere. Just extra 250 exp.
    [IMG]
    (Sorry for blurry image)

I'd like it to be added as one directive objective for all infantry classes, just like healing and revive ribbons are objectives for combat medic for example.

This would be a huge help for MAX because there would be an option for MAX punch. It would also be nice for engineer if you don't want to grind kills with turrets and/or sticky grenades.

What do you think?
    • Up x 1
  2. tastyBerryPunch

The kill streak ribbon is already used in the force recon directive, so I doubt it's gonna change.
    Some directives are way too much of a grind and that has been also acknowledged by DBG a long time ago, but sadly nothing has changed since then.
  3. johnway

i dunno, there is already a kill streak directive adding that should take into account for ALL classes performing kill streaks. Admittedly, this would make life easier. However, would that also encroach on the Kills directives of all classes, I'm sure in some cases it would be a case of getting 2 directives for the price of one. For example as an infiltrator i could sit in a spawn room/ diodome entrance rack up kills towards my kills target and because i was safe the whole time, i got a kill streak going and that would work towards my second directive passively. So i can forget getting the 300 infiltrator kills as i can fall back to the other ones.

I would like to see more possible directives to make things flexible, but the if i was being brutally harsh, the directives are only a optional extra. No one is forced to complete them and the free stuff you're award are supposed to be earned. If everyone was running around with the directive armors and weapons, the reward feels cheap or you're made to look increasingly inferior.

But on the other hand, i've played this game extensively, and i feel short changed. especially with my NC account where i'm sure i've made substantial kills, but since i did this before ribbons, they are worth NOTHING. So yeah, some flexibility will help in making my game more enjoyable as i can do more things that i want to do rather than forced to play and expect to have fun. I'll also admit that some directives are just dreadful to accomplish as you've mentioned the Max punching, is just plan stupid. Unless they had suit slots or abilities to deck out your max into a sort of knight/battering ram charging into just hack the enemy to pieces. Which in turn cheapen the NC's max ability to have a shield as everyone has one.
  4. Fatal_Finn

Yeah sorry for not explaining it in the best way. I just think the kill streak ribbon should also count for the classes as well, not just commonly for force recon.