[Suggestion] Add Darklight Flashlight to MAX unit weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zagareth, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Zagareth

It doesnt make any sense NOT adding it to the MAX weapons. OK, it makes MAXes overpowered against infiltrators, BUT "as a MAX unit wearer" I would even stick it with duct tape on my weapon if I'd get any chance.

However the Chameleon Module in combination with the Deep Operative Implant should give a 0.6 seconds Immunity to the Darklight per level of the DO Implant, so a maximum 3 seconds and ONLY with the combo of Implant and Module.
  2. OldMaster80

But... Why would you need to see Infiltrators? They cannot harm you in any way.
    • Up x 1
  3. UberNoob1337101

I think this would be okay. But then again, why would a MAX hunt Stalker infiltrators instead of clearing rooms and killing things that can be a much bigger threat?

The other suggestion... I'm not sure. It would make Deep Operative actually useful for something even if it's not max rank, but I don't really think that having immunity to a hard counter is a good idea. But then again, Deep Operative is a rare implant and thus wouldn't be seen often.
  4. Zagareth

To hunt them so they cant harm others?
    Protecting services... you know?
  5. Who Garou

"But... Why would you need to see Infiltrators? They cannot harm you in any way. "

Unless of course, they have unlocked the crossbow and explosive bolts.

I mean if you really want to go that far, because even a pistol does damage to a Max.
    • Up x 2
  6. Liewec123

beat me to it!
    i run explosive bolt crossbow quite alot on stalker infil, 6 shotting a max is fun :D
    especially when they are looking around in confusion because they have no idea what keeps plinking big chunks of their HP away XD
    • Up x 1
  7. Cirena

This weird fetish to attach darklights to ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING has to stop.

Stahp.
  8. DIGGSAN0

Attach a darklight to my d*ck...you do not know where these filthy infiltrators are ;)
  9. Mehanal

I knifed and used The President on a fully healed VS max as a Stalker. Needless to say, I killed him after knifing him 15+ times, running around him for a few more stabs, and plinking bullets in his face.

RIP if it would have been an NC Hacksaw type MAX.
  10. Zagareth

Not enough surface to stick it on - unless you got a tiny darklight LED :D
  11. LordKrelas

I'm just here to talk about the Immunity for 3 seconds of Darklight due to an implant.
    That means, you need to have said Infil in the light for 3 seconds.
    A infil that can move, while you scan little cones over the entire interior & exterior with 3 seconds per each cone of effect.
    In that time, the infil has 3 seconds even while in it to kill, or 3 seconds while in it to leave the radius.

It ain't hard to have Chameleon, mine always has it nearly.
    It is hard to Keep a light target in an incredibly small cone just to use said darklight.
    It would ensure that the light is near useless; 3 Seconds, long enough to walk up the light user & knife them in the face.
  12. Zagareth

You dont need to wait 3 seconds to get a result... just pull the trigger if you think the infiltraor could be there.
    But the tenporary immunity opens the infiltrator a chance to stay unseen (not invisible, as we all know...) by passing lights, even through walls and he weakens himself by using a less useful module (in aggressive fights, its more like a passive escape module)

However, this change should only happen in combo with MAXes getting darklight - 2 weapons, 2 darklights, 2 cones and a lot more dead infiltrators w/o immunity. 3 seconds is only possible with DO 5 and that cost a lot certs and money, if one ever want that time of immunity.
    AND, 0.6 sec. per lvl is just a suggestion. I leave it to the devs to balance it
  13. LordKrelas

You do if you want to ensure one is there before unloading every bullet into every inch of terrain while hunting a infil, that can be moving while still hidden in a dark *** night.

450 nanites to have 2 dark lights.
    You do realize implants are RNG, and means that select infils will mystically be immune to quick checks for enemy infils, unless every bullet is expended into every inch of terrain.
    As well, Carapace is rare, but you'll see it a lot.

In addition, if you think the infil is there in the cone, They have 3 seconds in it, but even 1-2 seconds is enough to kill.
    Unless every moment, the hunter is draining their magazine so when they do actually find the infil, they need a reload.

Yeah balance an immunity to the single easily avoided light, that handicaps any infantry using it, and has a short range.
    Paired with 450 nanites, getting two cones, with the idea that for 450 nanites you can more effectively hunt down the free infiltrator immune to the light for long enough to unload entire magazines & reload.
  14. No0T

MAX ARE IMMUNE TO INFILTRATORS... This request is the epitome of people that don't really understand how nerfed infiltrators are and keep requesting things because they don't know how incredibly skilled-full the infiltrator needed to be to kill you...

I killed a max with my commissioner from full life down once, in an epic one on one, took me 15 minutes and hitting him with every ******* bullet in the head I had left pluss he really really wanted to kill me so he kept running after me and getting ambushed between 50 and 35 times...

WHAT THE F..K ARE YOU ASKING FOR AGAIN?!!
    • Up x 1
  15. OldMaster80

Are we really saying Max units need help in a fight Crossbow vs Scattermax?
    According to your "protecting service" logic Infiltrators should receive the Archer if Max get a Darklight.

God today this forum hit the lowest bottom.
  16. Zagareth

Welcome to my ignore list dude.... you are just annoying

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  17. DemonicTreerat

Same. He's not offering actual reasons - just a "I don't like so that is enough". Can't reason with people too egotistical to admit when they've lost so its best to pretend they don't exist. And considering Darklight takes up the same slot as extended magazine and would likely only be available on AI weapons it makes sense.

Of course Daybreak could always decide that cloaking offers no particular defense against IR detection so infiltrators show up just like everyone else to the relevant optics. Then give MAX'es the option to equip scopes on their weapons (which is long overdue in my book). Actually I like that idea even more. PS1 had darklight as an implant that functioned much like the IR vision implant (name eludes me and I have it) currently in the game. If IR optics made infiltrators stand out like everyone else it would make the relevant scopes and implant more useful (ie sell better) and give infiltrators a bit more challenge if they want to try to hide in plain sight.
  18. Kcalehc

Largely unnecessary. The 2 engineers and medic trailing after the MAX can equip a darklight - teamwork!

If you're MAX-ing solo and getting killed by infiltrators, perhaps you are doing something wrong.
    • Up x 1