[Suggestion] Add another rank of NAR: Constant Repair

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gundem, May 4, 2016.

1. Stormsinger

Yep - that, and you can get a similar affect by bringing along Fire Suppression - as soon as one tic of healing is done, it auto-reactivates NAR, I believe.
  2. LodeTria

It doesn't.
  3. TOXIC_MACHAMP

IEDAY
  4. Stormsinger

Pretty sure it does. The last time I specifically checked (Probably around 4 months ago), I nailed my NAR magrider from behind with a Decimator. Immediately after, I gave it one tic of engie repair tool - after I stopped (A total of perhaps 3-4 seconds) - the health was visibly still going up, long before NAR should have kicked back in, and no one else was in the hex. I haven't confirmed this works with specifically fire suppression, but it works with other healing sources. This is, of course, assuming that I haven't missed a change - I'll check again later on this evening.
  5. Liewec123

agreed they should lower the time to start repairing a bit,
    but constant repairs i agree with everyone else, could be a bit OP.
  6. Demigan

Ok I was completely against the idea up until I read the last bit. "It would not out-repair the DOT of a burning vehicle".

That's good, very good. It's not OP but does give you a tiny edge. I would like to add (or hope you meant this) that after 12 seconds, this tiny auto-repair would pick up and go at the highest level of repair rate right? Otherwise you would only be slowing your repair rate down.
    • Up x 1
  7. Gundem

You pretty much explained my own idea better then I did... :eek:

I have no idea how strong the DoT of burning is, but I'd say the constant repair would maybe reduce it by 90%... Still not strong enough to remove it completely, but even then burning comes with it's own slew of major disadvantages(A single rocket from death, major mobility reductions) that I don't really see making burning to death take 90% longer all that game-breaking :rolleyes:

I know that 2 bricks of C4 brings a Sunderer exactly to the point of burning, but it also takes a good minute and or two for that damage to kill it. But, I am unaware of whether or not the Sunderer has special values for burning, as if I recall it's interactions with burning was part of the change specifically targeted at C4...

Either way, yea, it'd be a very small repair. As to the law of diminishing returns, the last rank would be the least useful rank, but then again, why not?

Maybe the repair level would be added to the last rank as well, so once you reached 12 seconds of no damage you got .5% more repair per 5 seconds or whatever your specific vehicle properly translates to.
    • Up x 1
  8. Halkesh

What about this ?
    NAR rate is triple while the vehicle is empty (you still have to wait 12 sec). It will create exploitable weak spot for enemy and allow driver to repair faster.