Add an option to remove all Social elements from the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NightmareP69, Jun 30, 2013.

1. NightmareP69

I think it's safe to say this community is just simply terrible, iv'e spent so many months interacting with it and it just makes me wanna puke. The amount of r*tardation and faction bias from every single player keeps disturbing my lovevly 10 frames per seconds gameplay experience.

Please add an option to compleatly turn of all possible social elements in the game, i don't even wanna see the yell chat text anymore when playing because it just gives me a migraine when i read thru all of the stupidity from all of the players.

inb4 "Socializing in PS2 is important for teamwork" after being in multiple outfits (not just VS outfits) i can safely say tactics and teamwork don't matter jack if the enemy has 2x more numbers which is the case in my main server Ceres where VS have been underpopulated for 7 months (as of tomorow)
    Just wanna play the game in peace, without a single voice or written word from any other person since iv'e compleatly given up from this community.
    I'm only writing this since i got a lil bit of hope than one devs might notice this and take it as a note for future discussions with the rest of the devs. I'm fairly sure i'm not the only one who wants to distance themselfs as far as possible from this game's community and by adding this option, you'd make the small minority of us fairly happy.
    • Up x 2
  2. Phyr

I'd like to see a game that isn't proclaimed to be a cesspool of stupidity and childlike behavior. Every game I've ever played had people calling it the worst community ever.

Newsflash, they can't ALL be the worst.
    • Up x 4
  3. Ultimatestormer

When I get focused on whatever I'm doing, whether it be reviving a field of dead soldiers or sneaking behind enemy lines and taking out their forces, I simply focus on that and nothing else, not even voice chat bothers me at that point. Don't have that kind of mental filter? It is simple to mute all voice chat and just not looking up and to the left, keep focused in on your crosshair.
  4. Blashemer

Not all of them are the worst, but all of them are bad.

This community in particular is fairly bad, but that's what happens when you give human beings anonymity (internet). There are no rammifications for being an absolute moron/jackwad on the internet other than, in some rare cases, being banned from whatever medium you're communicating through (games, forums, etc).

I doubt the devs would add such a feature, because that's basically saying "Yeah, our player base is so terrible that we had to add in an option to allow you to be completely devoid of communications with them."

Just don't read the chat. Turn your proximity chat volume all the way down. It's always tempting to see what the next moron has to say in yell chat, I get it, but just try to avoid it.
  5. KlyptoK

SURPRISE!

They already have this feature. It's called clicking your Outfit tab.

Don't have an Outfit tab? Then it looks like you need to take care of that first.
  6. Strottinglemon

THIS. Every single community is exactly the same, more or less. I've been a part of the WOW community, Minecraft community, Halo community, and now the Planetside community and I've seen the exact same thing everywhere I went: An idiotic vocal minority souring the experience for everyone. You've just got to find a good outfit with good people and roll with them. And also upgrade your computer, maybe.
  7. itzCujo666

OP - you're part of the community.

I guess the tone and nature of your post pretty well typifies the sort of behaviour that makes you want to puke.

If you find yourself jumping from outfit to outfit, not satisfied with any of them (for lack of tactics, or any other reason), there is a common thread to each outfit you've been in - you.
  8. NightmareP69

I'm mainly talking about the /yell chat really, when i come back home from 8(sometimes more) hours of work, i just wanna sit down and play a bit without anyone bothering me and on the outfit part well I'd like to try out a military style outfit, however those don't exist on Ceres for VS but maybe I'll find one for my NC on woodman if i ever get in a mood to start socializing again but as i said at the moment I'd just like a simple option in-game to compleatly isolate myself from everyone else , the only type of communication I'd like is the one with lasers,bullets and explosions.
  9. Nocturnal7x

1. Play multiplayer game.
    2. Complain there are other players in this multiplayer game
    3. ....
    4. Profit????

Who even looks at chat???
    • Up x 1
  10. Bolticus

Send some random guy that killed you a /tell and you can get great conversations going on!
    The PS2 community is actually great IMO.
  11. Bill Hicks

Autistic mode from ghost in the shell?

You dont know the joy of getting a angry rage filled tell from a guy you just owned
  12. TerryTenMen

Are you moaning again?
  13. 1Jammie1

This community may not be the best, but it's welcoming and there are a lot of good people in it. Yes the constant whining is their, but it's the same in every competitive game. Do not let the minority change your opinions of the majority. We're not all whining 'C0d kiDDies'.

As to /tells. I've always had great ones, even if they started off rage induced they quickly turn to respect for the other player.
  14. THUGGERNAUT

every online game has a terrible community. if it bothers you that much, turning off all voice chat helps. and just ignoring everything /yelled. make an outfit just for yourself and switch to outfit chat. then you never have to hear anyone again.
  15. ZoeAlleyne

PS2 community > DOTA 2 community
  16. zib1911

I don't use any ingame communication I use TS for my outfit and thats it.

If you turn off all the voice and then switch your chat tab to your outfit you will only see whispers and your outfit chat nothing else.
  17. RasFW

Anyone else find it ironic that he came to the forums and posted on the forums about wanting to remove the social element from the game because of ******ation and garbage community? Because the in-game community is much less ******** than the forum community. lol
  18. Macchus

yes ...

yes they can ...

[IMG]
  19. Macchus

every TS server ive been on is full of chewing , coughing , stupid stories and dead air . i dont think TS is any better than any other option lol ...
  20. P4NJ

Totally agree, sometimes you find someone who is just beyond helping but most of the time you can make nice friends and make somebody's day if he's doing bad or keeps getting killed. I do it at least once a day, with fellow pilots or people who killed me in nice or interesting ways. Like the guy who instakilled me while I was in a drop pod with his Reaver =)
    • Up x 1