[Suggestion] Add a purchasable NS-45 Pilot variant

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kendis, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Kendis

I only know of two variants to the Pilot that currently exist. Neither of them can be unlocked with certs or Daybreak Cash in the Depot. Sadly I don't have either one.

1. The Bronze NS-45 directive reward from completing the Mayhem directive. This is one of the most brutally time-intensive directives to complete and also forces the player to invest DBG to purchase multiple weapons.
    2. The NS-45P that was an event reward for the 8th anniversary in 2020.
    Devs, please add another Pilot variant that can be unlocked with certs or DBC. For example, the Commissioner, Blackhand, Emissary, and Underboss are all NS weapons with at least one alternate art version that can be unlocked with DBG.
    ===
    Sincerely, a Pistols Primary ASP guy who wants double Pilots.
    • Up x 1
  2. JustGotSuspended

They should've made a code for this one so people can redeem it like the naginata and tengu p.

The mission was super bugged anyways I only got it on a couple chars because of that.
  3. T.A.94

If they ever add an aditional Pilot, it will cost DBC and likely be part of an bundle.

And here I sit with a double Yawara loadout.
  4. Kendis

How are you able to use two Yawara? You can't use the same weapon in both the primary and secondary slots - I've tried.
  5. Bonemiser

Directive Yawara is different from A7 Yawara IIRC. But... that still means you're using the Yawara.
  6. TR5L4Y3R

i may missunderstand but isn´t there a cert purchaseable pilot already?
    https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/NS-45_Pilot

or what am i missing here?
  7. Kendis

My suggestion is to add a purchasable variant of the Pilot.

I agree with you that it's already possible to unlock the base Pilot. However, the Sidearm Primaries ASP skill doesn't allow the same weapon to be used in both the Primary and Secondary weapon slots. For example, the base model Pilot can't be used in both slots. This is why I want access to a purchasable Pilot variant, so that I can use the base Pilot in one slot and the variant Pilot in the other slot. The two variants that already exist are either too much of a grind for me to want to get (the Bronze variant via the Mayhem directive) or not possible to acquire at this time (the NS-45P variant from the 8th anniversary event).
  8. TR5L4Y3R

why not pilot and the ES Burstpistol?

otherwise the ASP just needs to be changed to allow the same weapon as primary as well like the HA heavyweapon ASP