[Suggestion] Accurate sniper scope notches.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by IkeKono, May 3, 2015.

1. IkeKono

By looking at the picture below, you probably know where I'm going with this. And I'm surprised PS2 devs haven't added this in yet. We need accurately labeled notches for sniper scopes, especially TR snipers since their rifles have the lowest bullet velocity of the three factions. Now I'm sure many of you are going to say " I'm the best sniper in PS2 I don't need this, I know exactly where my shot is going to land!". But that's the problem, I can't always tell where my bullet is going to land (especially since I like to play all factions). And this makes it really hard to land those pixel sized headshots from across the map. There has to be some better way to tell, and no the range finder implant isn't much help. I personally feel this could be a big help to new players and existing veterans. [IMG]Click to enlarge ^
  2. MarkAntony

okay...
    1. all the bolt action sniper rifles are exactly the same across all factions. TR don't have slower velocity...
    2. It doesn't matter if you play all factions the drop is the same if you use a rifle of the same tier. so that is all in your head.
    3. no. just no. sniping doesn't need to be made easier. learning bulletdrop and leading are an integral part of the craft. let's not remove the challenge.
    • Up x 1
  3. day ofm one

4. Jahap

Agreed!

I've scoped you quite a few times. Just watching. ;)
  5. Sir Cypher

I've got a "feel" for the drop, but sometimes there are cases where I am not completely sure about it (can't get a feeling for the distance, or the angle is unusual). Sometimes in these cases if the target is semi-stationary (aka I am not going to lose him soon) I will take a ranging shot either at him or at environment at the same distance. That way I can judge the drop. If I take a ranging shot at the target, I will play it safe and aim high to avoid bodyshots (and lost targets when they escape after getting hit). Most people who react don't run anywhere when they hear whistling bullets, but tend to look around to find the source for the shot. And this is just my personal method, I am sure better snipers have better ways to judge range and drop when they are not sure (does that ever happen to a good sniper? :) )
  6. MisterSlim

+1 To this, MarkAntony, I'm not sure why people assert that the BASRs are different across factions, when they are copypastas stat-wise. Absolutely nothing at all different between them. Nothing. AT. ALL. God knows how many times I've heard "VS BASRs have no drop" and "NC BASRs hit hardest", thanks for spreading some of that knowledge! xD

Also, every time the range of zero changes (Which has been proven to happen recently, pick up your bolt action and click to notice less drop and arc intersection [commonly referred to as bullet rise]), those values would have to change, and they'd have to be different for every zoom level on every rifle. Also, range values would only work like that if you were at eye level with your target. Drop adjustments would still need to be made for shots that are coming from either above or below your target. Mil dots can be used in the real world just like the way we use them in-game (getting a feel for how much your bullet drops at a certain range whilst your rifle is set to a certain point of zero), but in the real world, there is a good bit more calculating to be done.

I would vote no to seeing this, both for the reasons that MarkAntony stated, and from a realism standpoint.

-Stay Fr0sty
  7. Awass

The problem is that for any sniper rifle you'd actually be firing at long range, the bullet velocities tend to be pretty high. For the top teir bolt action rifles with a 12x scope, you rarely need to use more than the first mil-dot. All of the range markings would be shoved up together really unhelpfully between the crosshair and first mil-dot.