Accuracy

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by VectorCalc, Sep 24, 2015.

1. VectorCalc

The last few weeks or so, I've been getting progressively worse at aiming. I'm quite lucky if I even hit a target that's standing still at medium-close range with the NS-7, and... just forget close quarters encounters, even with hip fire. The weapon is fairly accurate, so I know it's me. I do burst fire when at a range where it's needed, I just can't keep the person in my crosshairs... in fact I'm so bad it's almost as if my sights repel away from the target, like two magnets with the same pole facing each other, haha.

It's pretty funny to watch really, but the fact that it's getting worse rather than better doesn't sound quite right. Just how long did it take before you could actually consistently hit your target?
  2. Khallixtus

Being able to hit people consistently with any class and any weapon takes a very long time. It took me up to about BR50 before I could land a majority of shots, and BR65 until I could land most (this is for about mid-range) and ever since then I have progressed my ability to land headshots. And sometimes you will have off days, and sometimes you will have days where you land everything. If its a bad day, take a break, and do something really casual. I often play a slow, extremely non-serious game or do some calm sniping.

Tips for landing more shots are to start off easy, don't try to be those high skill YouTubers or streamers that are BR100 and have been for a while. It took time for them to get there. Start with just body shots, don't go for headshots unless its easy. Once you can land bodyshots well, then move it up a notch. And keep on trying. Failure is just the learning curve. You haven't been defeated when you get beaten, but when you give up. And there is no substitute for experience, none. Over time you will become a good shot, just keep trying, and find what you are good at.
    • Up x 1
  3. _itg

Try gradually turning down your mouse sensitivity. Lowering sensitivity will help smooth out any overcorrections you make when moving the mouse. The default sensitivity settings are drastically higher than what most good players use.
    • Up x 1
  4. Dualice

I can attest to the difference mouse sensitivities can make. I lowered mine considerably a few months back, and whilst it took some getting used to, my overall accuracy has improved since.

Keep at it man - you'll get there :)
  5. Erendil

As others have already stated, it sounds like your mouse sensitivity sliders are set too high in-game.

There are 3 sliders you can play with that'll affect this:

Sensitivity - This is the overall sensitivity, it affects all mousing actions
    Aimed Sensitivity - used when aiming down sights with either iron sights or a 1x/2x reflex sight
    Scoped Sensitivity - Used when aiming down sights with a 3.4x or higher scope, as well as the NV scope (I think)

Your best bet is to go into VR and play around with different Sensitivity settings and shoot at targets there to see if it helps with your aiming.
  6. VectorCalc

Thanks for the responses. I wasn't planning on quitting any time soon due to it, heh. Was just curious.

Apparently you're all right. Turned sensitivity down to .450 and just that little bit made a huge difference. Thanks for the help.