Ac-x11 tips

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Nehlis, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Nehlis

Having a bit of trouble with this thing. Its stat distribution makes it an odd duck. Low bullet velocity but higher bullet damage and low fire rate makes it difficult to use at either close or long range, and at midrange I usually perform better with the gauss compact, or any other carbine really. How the heck do I use this thing?
  2. LibertyRevolution

Shoot people in the face.

(I have 12% accuracy with the AC-X11. Out of 31,252 bullets fired, I have 42 only headshot kills.
    So I think you should do the opposite of me..)
    • Up x 1
  3. Casterbridge

It excels at mid-range, but can be used up close if you hit people in the face with it.

I generally use 1x or 2x, grip and HVA. Remember to burst fire, pretty much all I got.
  4. cruczi

Bullet velocity with HVA is 550 m/s (up from 480), worse only to three carbines: AMC, Cougar and Razor, so its velocity is far from low. HVA also further extends your already excellent min. damage range by almost 20 meters (80m -> 98m) and the range for the 167 damage tier by 10 meters (51m -> 61m). (I've tested these numbers in VR.) The min damage range is the best of any carbine; people say it's a mid range weapon, but really it's the most long range carbine there is. At long range, high bullet damage makes also a difference because you'll hit fewer shots than at mid range, so every shot you do hit counts for more. Oh, and let's not forget it's the only carbine with perfect stand still accuracy.

Advanced forward grip drops its already decent horizontal recoil to only 0.117-0.134; among all carbines, second only to Pulsar C which is 0.117 both min and max. This makes it wonderfully accurate at range.

The combination of HVA and AFG is essential to make the most out of the weapon. With them, it goes from decent to excellent for long range fighting. At mid range, aim for the head to make the most of the high damage per shot, you can drop people in three shots in the best case scenario (HS + HS + HS, works up to 61 meters theoretically). Its only downside is the bad hipfire CQC performance, but whenever you can to ADS, it rewards good aim with great results. Since you're a Light Assault, you have the means to choose encounters on your terms and flank enemies who don't expect you, giving you the opportunity to ADS in almost every fight, so the hipfire performance should not be an issue.

As for other attachments, compensator is a good choice as its vertical recoil is kind of high, but it's not necessary. Compensator does add +20% to your hipfire COF, making it even more specialized for long range, so if you intend to use it as a general purpose gun, don't use a compensator. For sights, I prefer the 2x reflex on it. I haven't tried it with scopes, but I suppose the 3.4x crosshair could work as long as you have the vertical recoil compensation down.
    • Up x 2
  5. Grimtou

If you have time to take a shot, stop moving and line it up because the first shot COF(0) makes for brutal damage.

Avoid the urge to strafe while shooting at anything other than the closest range - pause, aim for the head, and pull down. I tendto engage at short enough ranges to know every bulet will hit where the least damage degredation occurs.
  6. Corezer

front towards enemy...

but seriously, headshots. 3 hit kill out really far (although I think it's 41/51, not 51/61) to make you a tap firing terror to turret users and snipers, and it's very controllable.

I would personally use the comp for now, it does a lot for weapon movement when firing ADS to help you track heads up to closer ranges, the hip fire will suck no matter what due to the large cone making it harder to track the center over enemies unless you use a bit of a post it note on the center of your screen. That being said when the scope changes come who knows (are they here yet? it's been a few days for me)
  7. cruczi

It's definitely 51m, or 61m with HVA. For the 167 damage tier carbines whose default min damage range is only 70 meters, the intermediate damage tier reaches out to 44m, or 54m with HVA. For the 143 damage tier, the intermediate tier reaches out to 39m, or 49m with HVA.
  8. Corezer

ok, I wont challenge that again as I cant test, just thinking maybe it was a typo...
  9. Iridar51

It's "easily" calculated with the tool I made.
  10. Corezer

STOP PEDDLING YOUR CONTENT TO ME! You're like those Amstel Girls who assailed upon my bar one time, but worse because you chest is flatter and your legs hairier!
  11. Iridar51

If it's a joke, then I'm not laughing. Hair on my legs is insulted by your lack of appreciation.

If you're serious, well. I'll make it a point to remember that you don't want my help.
  12. Corezer

don't care what your legs think of me, but thanks for the tool...
  13. Shadoiex

Compensator, FG, 1x sight. Create lethal aim. Enjoy certs.
  14. JonboyX

Speaking from experience; your best bet is to get the Razor.
    The AC-X is in many respects a battle rifle, and no one in their right mind touches one of them.
    • Up x 1
  15. cruczi

1) AC-X11 is nothing like a battle rifle.
    2) BR's are awesome if you pick the encounters for mid-long range and can aim semi autos well. If you can't aim, then obviously a spray and pray weapon is more suited to you.

Next you're going to say Gauss SAW is like a battle rifle, therefore the best bet is to use EM6? Right... and that Reaper DMR is like a battle rifle, therefore the best bet is to use NC1 Gauss?

Compared to Gauss SAW, AC-X11 has:
    - one tier more damage dropoff -> matters mostly at 60+ meters
    - lower vertical recoil, but a tiny bit higher horizontal recoil -> overall effect: it's more controllable for bursts and still one of the most accurate automatic weapons in the game
    - 75% fewer rounds per mag but 68% faster reload -> more suitable for hit'n run style
    - 50% lower hip COF -> more suitable for close quarters, no need to always rely on ADS
    - 36% lower ADS move COF -> more mobile
    - 12% lower velocity -> hardly makes any difference

Overall, it's a Gauss SAW sidegrade, or a slight upgrade. If you were a heavy assault, would you rather use Gauss SAW or a Razor? (Not a serious question because there's only one right answer).
  16. stalkish

My advice since using it recently is:
    If hit detection is good, then its a good weapon.
    If hit detection is off at that moment, dont bother.

Ive hit someone more than 10 times and not got a kill......(less 1 or 2 shots for latency), hit detection realy bugs this weapon up for me.
    (seriously need to start recording this hit detection thing, it was every other shot at 1 point last night, ridiculous.)
  17. JonboyX

I'm speaking only as someone who auraxiumed the AC-X as my first gun, used the GD7F, and am now using the Razor.
    The AC-X has bad recoil by comparison to the GD23, far worse hip (when needs must), lower clip - admittedly +4 bullets now - lower bullet speed, and lower ROF .. and all for an extra 33 points damage. At best it's a single bullet which with a slow ROF you may often not land unless your significant bloom lands a headshot.

Other points:
    -- No, I personally don't like the SAW. Why would you even compare it to the SAW though? I made an indifferent comment about battle rifles; the SAW isn't a battle rifle.
    -- Point me to a top player who chooses a battle rifle as a heavy? Too niche, and a poor choice in most combat situations.
    -- No, as a heavy I'd prefer to use the Anchor or EM6 because alpha damage is a red herring.
    -- Your comparisons with other guns are... a bit of a stretch from my original point.

I stand by my original post that the GD23 is a better all round gun and can perform better in more roles that the ACX.
    • Up x 1
  18. cruczi

Where are you pulling that recoil claim from? AC-X11 has lower horizontal recoil (0.117-0.134 versus 0.141 with grip equipped), and slightly higher vertical recoil. Vertical recoil can be compensated for, horizontal not so much, so overall, AC-X11 has better recoil than Razor. Razor also has angled recoil.

As for hipfire, don't exaggerate. X11's hipfire is only 0.25 worse, which is literally the smallest difference in hip fire accuracy that exists in PS2. There are no weapons whose hipfire is different by less than 0.25. In essence, if AC-X11 sucks at hipfiring, so does Razor. If anything, the small difference in hipfire is compensated for by X11's better TTK - you might miss a little more in CQC, but you'll still kill in the same or less time.

The clip size isn't what matters, it's the damage per clip. Razor's damage per clip is only 210 higher, or worth one AC-X11 bullet. That's basically nothing.

Of course it has lower ROF, it's a damage tier higher. It has better DPS, better TTK, better range, better accuracy, better head shot potential.

What significant bloom are you talking about? Bloom per second: AC-X11 0.58, Razor 0.55. 5% difference.
    I compare it to SAW to contrast your dislike of the AC-X11 with the fact that SAW is very similar to the AC-X11, yet extremely popular and effective among top NC HA players.

I don't claim battle rifles are used by top players, but as I said, AC-X11 is nothing like a battle rifle (nor are SAW and Reaper).

And why do you think alpha damage is a red herring? Whatever the reason though, it's not the alpha damage, it's the TTK. Alpha damage is just a bonus. Gauss SAW has lower TTK than EM6 when you factor in headshots, which is the bread and butter of any decent SAW user. With the AC-X11 vs Razor comparison, the difference is even greater because Razor's ROF is 550, while EM6's ROF is 600.

No, they were all parallels to your claim that Razor>AC-X11 because AC-X11 is too much like a battle rifle.

http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/item/7170 AC-X11 average KDR X: 1.38 ± 1.625, average KPH: 19.9 ± 14.7195
    http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/item/7173 Razor average KDR X: 1.2 ± 0.6968, average KPH: 18.7 ± 13.0104

http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=kpu&weapon1=7173&weapon2=7170&weapon3=301502
    [IMG]

[IMG]

According to both DA and PS2 oracle, AC-X11 simply performs better. YMMV, of course, but that just goes to show that one's personal experience isn't always a good basis for making recommendations to others.
    • Up x 1
  19. Skiptrace

I only currently have the Mercinary, and eventually i will be obtaining the Compact S for my main Carbine because UBGL rocks, and the damn thing tears through people like a paper shredder, the AC-X11 is more suited for Mid-Long range engagements, and the Razor GD-23 for Short to Mid range engagements. my personal loadout for the Compact S will be 1x Scope, UBGL, Compensator and the ammo for Short to Mid range... erm, the opposite of High Velocity... cant recall the name, i want to call it Soft Point ammo, but i dont think that's right...
  20. cruczi

Razor is definitely not a short to mid range weapon. It's a mid-long range carbine, just like its TR parallel (Cougar), and just like AC-X11, Pulsar and T5 AMC. All of them are HVA only weapons, and the effect of HVA becomes most apparent after about 40-50 meters. At short-mid range, the best combo is SPA + high DPS. The compact S as well as the default Merc are both pretty good for that role (Merc lacking SPA but having higher ROF), but GD-7F takes the pot if you focus on short range rather than midrange.