About time the Mag-Scatter got some Love.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TorigomaSET, Jul 1, 2016.

1. TorigomaSET

Anyone else feel the Mag-Scatter really needs a rework? It is SUPPOSE to be a close range hard hitter, but it does not even really do THAT well. In fact, the only real way to use this thing, is to sneak up and hit someone in the head at point blank range.
    Now Granted, I understand why the Mag-Scatter could go from Crap to Super Commissioner with just small change in numbers, but that does not mean it should just be ignored.
    So, what could it use? Personally, I say 1 or more of the following;

1: Larger Mag Size. At least 8-10 rounds, if the really slow reload remains, 6-7 if lowered.

2: Alternatively, alot faster Reload speed. Why does it take so long to reload so few shells?

3: Same damage (or slightly higher), but with 2x-3x pellet number. right now, if you miss just 1 pellet, then you are screwed.

4: Canister/Enforcer Reload mechanic. Even if everything else stayed the same, if the Mag-Scatter got the same Reload mechanic as the Vehicle Weapons, it could make it at the very least, interesting to use.

5: AoE damage. This one is a bit of a stretch, but giving each pellet a small AoE blast, could give it some intresting uses.

Anyone else have any ideas?
    • Up x 2
  2. Iridar51

It recently got some love, misleading title.

It's a shotgun pistol, and relative to bigger shotguns, it does exactly what supposed to.

Shotguns overall in this game need a rework, can agree with that.
  3. NXR1

You think because it takes more than 1 hit if you slightly miss it should be buffed? AMP takes 10 point blank hits against a non nanoweave wearing player, thats almost half the magazine, and if they have max nanoweave it will take 13(these are torso hits not headshot), against a heavy with resist shield it will 17 hits, this gun has really high vertical recoil and very unmanageable spread if fired full auto but nobody is asking for it to be buffed. None of the pistols in this game are suppose to be something you rush into combat with they are suppose to save you in a desperate situation where your primary runs out of ammo and all of the new added pistols do that, you want to stalker infil then get the emissary because its basically just a secondary SMG.
  4. LaughingDead

Technically, if you miss 3 pellets you lose the entire kill.
    I'd hardly call increased mag size "love", but I do agree, shotguns are boring and placid and the same carborn copies cross faction, needs a change.

You're not able to 1 shot with it unless you stuff the shotgun down the other players throat, otherwise it's a 2 shot kill, 3 or more on heavier targets, also as any professional player will tell you, relying on RNG sucks in a skill based FPS. Relying on crappy damage on a shotgun pistol is hardly worth buying in the first place compared to other weaponry.
  5. SpeedFreakPS1

Great gif lol
  6. Campagne

Definitely number three, I think.

Even just outside of point blank, a two-shot-kill is, quite frankly, unlikely.
  7. Diggsano

How about giving love at least once to the Spiker charge first ?
  8. Hegeteus

Pistols will get optics soon, having reflex sight on mag-scatter sounds cool to me
    • Up x 1
  9. DragenoidHighLord

Im not sure if were referring to a Mag Scatter without or with a smart choke,since the spread changes when ADS and Hip fire.But iron sights really damage each ES sidearm (at least the NC ones and other mentioned VS or TR)
  10. Liewec123

its okish for a gimmick right now, if i wanted to make it into a serious secondary for extremely cqc i'd add several pellets,
    it still 2 shots right now, but you need to have your aim dead center and land pretty much every pellet,
    if it fails to 2 shot then you might aswell be using commissioner and 3 shotting people from across the room instead of from 3m away. XD

adding a few extra pellets would make the 2 shots more reliable.