About proposed module changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RabidIBM, Feb 3, 2023.

1. RabidIBM

As I understand it, the current modules will be removed and replaced with a completely new module concept. That concept will be short lived modules installed into buildings which last for about 2 minutes. If my understanding is wrong then please correct me, and ignore the rest of this because it is a reaction to that.

Here's a bit of napkin math for why that would be bad: Say I have 3 buildings I want to provide active function to, and say I have 2 functions I want to provide to each. This is 6 modules, which all need to be replaced every 2 minutes. That maths out to me needing to install a fresh module every 20 seconds for the entire duration of a battle. For the love of god PLEASE NO!
    • Up x 1
  2. shoguncawwill

pleese use the 20 min timer
  3. Demigan

The thing I disagree with is that you have to pick up a module at the Silo (or another dispenser as they put it). Why not walk up to a slot for a building, press E, select what module you want and it's placed? Why keep the stupid "move to the Silo" system?
  4. RabidIBM

I really like this idea. It obviously should cost something, so probably cortium, to activate it and therefore the builder needs to be able to control permissions. However, if by default it's open to faction and the buildings are placed well enough that people are using them, then someone is always on hand to activate a module without the builder needing to run around like a headless chicken.