About map changes (PTS 6/30)

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Stopper, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Stopper

Great changes apparently, and it's good to see that maps are still improved. But I have two concerns.

First, and as I already said several times, the biggest problem is that people always play in the sames areas / bases and almost never in the wonderful bases we get.

Indar Bay Point has already been improved a year ago and you will make it better again but people will still continue to fight countless hours between Quartz Ridge and Indar Excavation and between Xenotech and Crossroads...

And I don't even speak of all of the incredible bases of Hossin or of some great bases of Amerish (Ascent, Rockslide, Soltech Charging Station or Auraxium Cryobank...).

I think you got all datamining / statistics you want to see where players go and where they almost never go.

The number one goal, in my opinion, is to find a new mechanism that drives players in some areas where there are almost no fights, to keep the game experience refreshing and to simply make not all the best bases useless.

In PS1, you enter at a WG and you had to fight your way up to the opposite WG to lock the continent if I remember well, so you fought ewerywhere. But it could be deleting official WG and replacing them by randomly chosen bases at every unlock ; or temporarily close some areas (magnetic tempest, radiations...) to drive people in some others areas...

Second point : we really need to prevent tankers to spam TI Alloys from the eastern cliff of the Crown. It's really annoying.

Thanks for all.
  2. Liewec123

this is the first time in ages that a base (crown) has become MORE defensible and i'm ecstatic! :D
    could crown return to its former glory?! :D
  3. Marcedus

Some of the base changes looks really nice (thinking especially of Ceres Hydrophonics).

But some of the changes are a bit weird, like Indar comm where the new route adds nothing and a lot of cover has been removed (on a base that is notorious for drowing in vehicles).

And then we have The Crown...
    Moving B underground could be good, if not for the fact that both routes are hard to access as the defenders, plus both lead to a very small room that most certainly will be a Max and grenade filled choke point.
    And by removing the outlying points and the jump pads to the top, you are forcing the defenders to charge up the slope from the south bridge (could be solved by a better route from the eastern bridge). Right now it would most likely recreate the impossible to capture Crown from the Beta.