[Suggestion] A use for decoys

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Biddion, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Biddion

When the auto-turrets come out, decoys should be able to ping all in an area, drawing their fire for 10 or so seconds. Discuss.
    • Up x 6
  2. Kubin

That's actually a good idea. However - wouldn't it be a bit overused in situations where an Infiltrator throws a decoy in the middle of enemy group? I mean - if it draws and locks fire of autoturrets then said turrets would start mowing down their own faction.

To be clear: I'm not against the possibility to turn autoturrets against their "masters" but I'd rather see it done through hacking, not a grenade*

* - there should be a feature for EMP grenade that ddisables a turret for a few seconds.
    • Up x 1
  3. OldMaster80

How do you hack the turret without being shot?
    Seriously... If they don't make it so that decoys, emp and sensor shield can counter the turrets then stalker infiltrators will see dark days soon.
    • Up x 1
  4. Kubin

Isn't the idea like below?
    For 1. Turrets won't rotate at 360 degrees, probably not even 180, so there will be "dead zone" to sneak up to it.
    For 2. Turrets won't shoot at cloaked characters (dunno, overheard that somewhere).

Anyway - your post about using a sensor shield in it gave me an idea. How about a nice synergy between the turrets and the Infil's radars? Turret will normally shoot at anything it see (through its optic sensors) BUT to shoot at cloaked infiltrators it need their "coordinates" provided through motion sensors/darts (or proximity/scout radar in those rare events they appear). It can be avoided by crouch-walk or with a sensor shield and builds another way for co-op inbetween classes.
    • Up x 2
  5. Biddion

EMPs already have enough uses. Let's not add another to the list while decoys have very little utility.
  6. Dualice

What's the status on decoy grenades these days anyway? Do they finally show a false minimap signature for the enemy like they were supposed to?
  7. Biddion

Not sure, I haven't used them other than by accident and i don't care to make a friend to jump on an alt just to test them. If anyone uses decoys effectively please share.