A tweak that may boost your fps or make the game more responsive.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Mauller, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Crocobutt

Tested the render frame thingy + got radeon pro.

I probably got 5 extra fps at RFQ 0 .
  2. CyclesMcHurtz Code Monkey

I just wanted to address this one point. You're all welcome to tweak the settings on your machines, of course - and posts like this help us troubleshoot strange things going on. To the point, however, we have code that is supposed to automatically limit this already. I know about the default of three (and it's the same for almost all modern graphics cards) and we've done the math on the effects and we set it internally to the engine to help control things.

The fact that it's making a difference for some people is good info, and I'll pass that along to the compat and QA folks to test on different configs (I have some tasks on my plate to address a few issues that might be related). Thanks again for your efforts and writing, I really appreciate it.
    • Up x 9
  3. raw

in any case i've been using radeonpro for a long time now and if i ever get banned for using it, SOE needs to review their policies, period. there's nothing to discuss here.
  4. NewLexican

Would it be possible for the dev team to track the specific issues where you know the community is making tweaks themselves so you can break them out individually in patch notes? I fear if you find the code is not currently functioning properly and fix it, it'll be rolled into a generic "bug fix" or "improved performance" patch note and I won't know I can stop using RadeonPro. (Same goes for manually setting the render distance in the INI, etc.)
  5. CyclesMcHurtz Code Monkey

I'll make a note to pass this along in the patch notes, but unfortunately I don't yet have any kind of time-frame for it.
    • Up x 1
  6. sdfasdfa

You rule dude.
  7. DrSNAFU

Tried it to fix my 'slow down in smoke' problems. Didn't seem to affect anything.
  8. BlamTown

You can't set the pre-rendered frames when using SLI. It's forcibly set to however many cards you're using.
  9. Mauller

Thank you for the reply, it is nice to hear that it is being looked into on your end, like i mentioned in the first post, even with 59fps on the menu before and after tweaking, when i set the flip queue to 1 from 3 the animations were more fluid/smooth and the menus more responsive, as well as the fps boost and general perceived performance improvements once loaded into a server.

i have a phenom II 955 (stock) with radeon HD7870 with catalyst 12.11 beta 11 (just display and hdmi driver no CCC) and 8GB of ram if this helps with compat and QA at all.
    i also have the superfetch service disabled and have never experienced a degredation in performance on win7 64bit or any crash to desktop events over extended periods of play (even during closed beta) if this helps any other troubleshooting with the game and windows services.
  10. TheEvilBlight

Anyone do advanced tweaking with RadeonPro? For instance, tuning the various AA settings for performance?
  11. Mauller

not with planetside, the game from what i have read in other threads has some post processed AA in the render pipeline that cant be disabled which people were using injectors to remove. other than than i havent done any tweaking.

also bumps
  12. BenYeeHua

And AA will causing this game has many problem.
    Except you are saying FXAA or SMAA without the sweetFX.
  13. MittRackRObama

Sorry what? I don't understand what you just said.

I tried Flip To Que set to 1 or 2 and was getting stuttering. Pretty much while flying and nowhere else. I was going full speed evading some AA maxes and my screen froze for bout 0.3 seconds and then resumed. This was happening frequently. I disabled any adjustments I made and now get the same old 32-60fps
  14. BenYeeHua

lol, this is old reply, I has change my mind now.
    And not, I don't facing any stuttering, only low FPS like 30-45FPS.:)
  15. Hawkins2008

sorry i know this thread is old...but i wanna test this out too! but somehow it doesnt take an effect? the osd for core temperature doesnt show up...so i dont know really if radeonpro is on when ps2 is up running
  16. Hawkins2008

17. rhilir

this does work. I tried it in game and it increased my fps big time. This helped alot.
  18. Tito

no crash to
  19. Hawkins2008

how did u set it up? i do global...but nothing happens when i start ps 2 :/ no osd that i can see the heat of the gpu or stuff... on other games it works but not ps 2 :(
  20. Mauller

you may want to setup individual osd options for planetside two, i would not set the flip queue as a global options becasue some games do not like a flip queue less than 2 such as far cry 2