A thank you where it is due. (Magriders)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Exileant, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Exileant

;) I have done enough to debunk your junk in previous posts, I am done with you there. Hahaha! :p Like a dog that spits out an old slipper done.

:D Batman, never has the coolest toys. For one, they are always in the shape of a badly drawn bat. Item number two, most of the time it is not the fact that Batman has the better or cooler items that allows him to win, It is because the Super Villain often allows Batman to LIVE and he winds up using the weakest thing in his arsenal to bring down the giant. Bane is the prime example. Steroid Drug Ejector that can increase his size 10 fold. o_O He beat Bane with a Bat...a...rang... (If it is a bat shaped boomerang, why is it not BENT in the middle? Because his toys bite. Even when they don't, his cool toys rarely save the day.) The Dark Knight Rises (I believe) was the only one where his Batmobile survived to the end and was used to save everyone, hilariously though HE was not driving it. :D Hahaha! So see? Even in most of the movies, the good guys did not have the coolest items.
    The second greatest series of all time has to be Ironman. (The first being Transformers) Warmonger, ;) The massive old fashion suit at the end was not only much cooler but much more powerful than Tony's. Problems and all. (Side note: How it took off to chase Ironman is what Magriders should look like when you hit Magburn.) :eek: And literally ALL of the Decepticons had better looks and weapons than the Autobots. Remember Blackout's intro? He whipped out an entire airbase by doing nothing but shooting the ground. What did Prime have compared to Megatron? :D Nothing. Prime was a Truck where as Megatron was Starfighter. What about Starscream? Flew in sideways, whipped a group of 5 like they were children, before transforming and breaking the soundbarrior before the last on hit the ground. What messed up Megatron? :confused: Greed and stupidity. In stead of Killing Prime and everyone else, he went chasing after the All-spark that as a several million year old machine... had PLENTY of time to try to find it again later.

o_O Superman movies? Have you watched any of them as of late? :D Guy in suit of armor beating the Face and Chest of Superman, qualifies as having the better toys in my book. A machine that creates monsters so terrible they were outlawed on Krypton, classifies as coolest toy. :p You are done here. Just done, Stop trying, Hahaha!

:D You want proof? Simple. Take a picture of Prowler with the Gatekeeper on it, and then a picture of a Magrider with a P.P.C. on it. Those are supposed to be the rival weapons right? Then take it around to random people and ask them which one is cooler? Or make a small video of both firing their main gun and the secondary, then take a poll of which you would rather drive? Every person I have brought to Planetside was attracted by the Prowler or the Vanguard. They were horrified to find out I chose Vanu to be my main. :( The Prowler will win the awesome award all day long thanks to it having 2 barrels. You will have some who say the Magrider because they like to be different, but the truth is the Prowler has the best looking vehicles and weapons in the game. :confused: They have a few extra barrels than they should. :rolleyes: It would be one thing if the barrels did half the damage of a single shot and was for show, but a Prowler can chip you to death firing 1 shot at a time and do almost same damage as a Magrider. Especially if it is an A.P. Barrel.

;) Anyway do that challenge and get back to me.
  2. Exileant

;) Didn't someone say there was an old promotional video of NC being able to shoot people through walls? So yes, It does not seem that far fetched for a gun to fire back to back 3 time to give that old Anti-Aircraft Ship gun toggle look. o_O PS4 does not need slower Frame rates. We Run games like Destiny without so much as a hiccup and the graphics there are much more demanding than this will ever be. :confused: PC for us is like a Virus. P.C. Opens the doors to hacking. It is much easier to do so on one. Also, since it is that much easier to just make a new E-Mail and restart if you get caught, it cannot be stopped. Console players entire machine can be banned via its serial number if we get caught cheating. P.C. is not better. It is a Plague. :eek: The only reason advertise bots are not in the game is because there is no Market between players. You should See D.C.U.O. o_O Thanks to merging with Plague-Computer Users...

:eek: I am sorry my friends on the P.C. side. ;) I still love you all, I just hate the system you use. :p Thank your bad apples for that.
  3. adamts01

Sorry, I messed up the quote. Look at it this way. Fighting against a zerg sucks. But say these bases where one platoon can hold off 3 platoons, using your 3:1 example. It's still just as ****** as the underpop faction, maybe worse, because how in the hell are they supposed to take one of those from the larger faction? Now, say each faction is at 33% population. If a faction was being purely doubleteamed, that's still only a 2:1 ratio against them, not even close to the amount of troops it would take to take those bases. That just seems ridiculous.

A better solution? Better incentivise equal faction pops, and better incentivise fighting the faction with the most territory. Build relatively neutral bases, and steer players towards balanced fights. Buff underpop factions in some way, maybe a new NS tank that's available to the lowest pop faction, maybe an extra implant slot for when they have less than 20% pop. Extra Nanite generation.... Your proposed bases are a bandaid, one that's been dropped in the mud before application. The problem should be addressed at the root.
  4. Exileant

;) That is the point, the smaller faction is NOT going to be able to take the bases from the larger ones. This is where strategic thinking comes in. If the smaller faction rarely can do this with smaller bases, nothing is going to help them gain ground. If you do not have the numbers you are not going to be able to take ground, however it SHOULD be very challenging to take a base from the smaller enemy. In reality you are not going to take an army base here (in America) with 3 tanks and a truck. But I see T.R. doing it all the time. :D It is not because they are better, it is due to their numbers, and massive holes all over large bases where they park infect and capture. o_O A faction boost is not a bad idea in theory, but think about it for a second. To breed good players you need people to get familiar to the things they are able to use regularly. Magrider is usable... barely.... at the moment, I do not want it to get a TEMP. superior boost in any way (It still needs permanent boosts...) because I will be looking for that boost always. :confused: And that will mess up my game-play in the long run. Like cheating on a test. Sure you do good on all the tests, :( but come final exam time?

:eek: Not to mention, T.R. Shrinks and swells OFTEN. Vanu can have the Population numbers until we get down to 10 minutes, then T.R. seems to split like rabid Taken Psions. :confused: The last thing we need is a beefed up Prowler or some other Super tank whipping the crap out of our already lacking tanks, with lack luster and sub-par weapons.... THEN for their numbers to grow so now I have to fight NORMAL T.R./N.C. weaponry.

:eek: Even when T.R. is lacking numbers, both them and N.C. have superior weapons to fall back on, and that is why even when Vanu is on on the march we rarely can hold that tempo. I can count on 2 hands the times I have seen Vanu storm the field and beat everyone back to their Warp-gate and it end in a victory. :( Every other time it has been either T.R. Or N.C.

:D But your idea DID spark a Supernova round in my brain. :eek: What if you apply your idea of added benefit to my idea to strengthening bases? The underpopulated teams get added base defenses. ;) This is a decent splitting of the diff. That I believe would work. These larger factions need a speed bump.

:( My stomach just growled, :mad: so if you do not like my idea to combine the 2 ideas you can blow it out your-- (Transmission Terminated)
  5. adamts01

You need to check your VS inferiority complex. Keep in mind that VS has averaged more contingent locks than the other two factions. Yeah, VS is lacking pop right now, but it was NC's turn the past few years to never win. That's the crappy thing about an open world game with such few players, not enough of a sample size to balance things out.
    • Up x 1
  6. Exileant

o_O You all keep saying that, yet nearly EVERY time I log in, Vanu is getting their butts handed to them. That is how I made most of my Certs, through losing battle farming. :D And everything I use is completely maxed out. Your reality Meter may need some adjustment. :eek: Besides, Vanu has a reason to have an a complex. :p We have inferior weapons.
  7. Campagne

If this were true, you'd have no issues empirically demonstrating to us using "real-world" examples of objectively inferior Vanu Sovereignty-specific equipment, right? :p
  8. Demigan

You've said stuff like "there's two people who do Lightning stuff like I describe so everyone does it". Or "I've done it once so it is true". And "there's 2 other people who seem to agree with me so the 16+ that agree with you are irrelevant".

You haven't debunked anything.

So because Batman sometimes uses the least powerful tool in his arsenal all the big huge toys he uses otherwise are irrelevant? Cool story bro. You made a whole point about someone stealing the supa-dupa-batmobile and having the coolest toys because of it.

Narrative does not change the fact that the good guys have more than enough cool and awesome toys and that the bad guys don't always have the best toys.l

Gatekeeper and PPA aren't the same. PPA is an AI weapon for crying out loud! The Aphelion is the long-range AV weapon of the VS and the opposite version of the Gatekeeper.

Also even if the Prowler+Gatekeeper did look cooler (despite it being a box with two tubes on top, look at the curves and giant canon that a Saron Magrider for example has) it does not matter. Looks don't mean crap when performance is more important. And hey, performance wise the Magrider is not weak, at the very least not weaker than the Vanguard.

And no I don't have to do your challenge, not unless you first do my challenge of "prove the ghost shot deals damage". Since you can't prove it... Good luck.
    • Up x 1
  9. Demigan

No.

And even if someone did, what of it? If it's a deliberate feature like the new Battle Rifle that can shoot through people then it's OK. If it's a bug like the "throw grenades through walls into spawnrooms" bug it's not a feature.
    Prowler's ghost shot isn't a feature and it's detrimental to it's DPS.

Every single statistic shows the Prowler to have 2 shots per magazine at maximum. You have to perform a specific situation at a specific time to create this effect, and it works with other magazine-fed weapons like the Viper as well. This isn't a feature, it's a bug.

You really have no idea what you are talking about do you?

1. I am talking about PC's, not PS4's. So going off on a tangent about PS4's is ridiculous. I'm comparing a low-performance PC with lower framerates to a higher-performance PC with higher framerates. According to your logic the high-end PC's higher FPS is a feature that should be exploited to the fullest, even though everything is done to try and give the low-end PC a minimum FPS that guarantees a more-or-less equal playsession.
    2. Graphical fidelity and players-per-server load are completely different things. There's a reason why most modern FPS games are still limited to the same old 32 to 64 players maximum (if not less) and why PS2 is a unique beast in the FPS genre.
    3. Game software defines what your PC/PS4 can pull off. PS2 is the prime example: Most games eat your GPU the most, while PS2's CPU problems are well documented by now. Comparing Destiny to PS2 is already a giant error, comparing the graphics to PS2's player load is even worse.
    4. There have been several features that purposely weren't added to the PS4 because it wouldn't be able to handle it properly, which already kind of destroys your entire premise of "PS4 does not need lower framerates".
    4 errors in one sentence, good job! Will you try for the record next?
    • Up x 1
  10. Exileant

:D I have written a NOVEL'S worth of why Vanu's weaponry was inferior... PER THREAD I CREATE. Hahahaha! I would suggest you read some of the things I have said about the Magrider here. And that was AFTER the speed increase. ;) However because you are special, I will give you an example all your own. :) Enjoy.

o_O Heavy weapons.

:eek: Vanu's is the Lasher. On first glance it seems like it would be an alright weapon. It features Exploding rounds that move slower than dirt on a dead afternoon in the desert. The rounds explode but only inflict minimal damage. :( The direct damage is not much more powerful than N.C.s Run of the mill guns. (But I will just compare it to the other heavy weapons.) This means that you must land direct shots with it, which would not be so bad if at shot number 2 it becomes unhinged and the accuracy vanishes almost completely spraying balls of ENERGY (which should have NO RECOIL.) all over the place. Then you add RECOIL to the equation.... It is a gun that is suppose to boast Lock down capability at a distance, which it cannot do, thanks to how slow the rounds move. :confused: People with Mouse control simply jiggle as they sprint, this makes it difficult to hit them with a regular gun. With a Lasher it is almost impossible to nail a Keyboard and mouse user directly. :rolleyes: Next we have flinch. The Lasher produces the same amount of flinch as any thing else, in spite of the rounds being unstable mini-bombs, (Even on direct hits) so in mid-range combat, (Where it should excel) it flounders. ;) All I use are Explosive Round weapons in Destiny and big shocker they tend to win the day over just about any other weapons. Hitting a target with baby grenades is supposed to obliterate your target.... P.S. Explosive type weapons are not supposed to have RANGE because the range always starts at the epicenter of the explosion. :confused: NOT how the Lasher works... at all. The Lasher is also the second best way in the game to earn GRIEF points.... The explosions lightly splashing enemies will lock you quickly. You splashing yourself I am sure adds to that..... :eek: SO NO TRYING TO SAVE YOUR TEAM FROM THAT JERK WITH THE C4 COMING TO KILL YOUR MAX FRIEND!

:( Bottom line, the speed at which these characters can move, the height they can jump, and the slow round and fire speed renders the gun obsolete. P.P.C.s Can damage heavy armor, this gun does not. :eek: And that would be the ONLY thing that would make up for all these flaws. Shooting at something that is HUGE dealing enough damage to run it away or at least deter it from staying. o_O This gun has the characteristics of a vehicle turret but none of the perks. It is like firing a single max weapon from your heavy. Sure if you had the armor it would be fine, since you do not, it is a waste of time and money. (Which raises another question. The other maxes get 2 variations of their heavy guns, Where are our variations of the LASHER as a max weapon? The Comet is a T.R. Pounder or N.C. Raven. :rolleyes: Yet we have nothing compared to an anti-infantry Lasher. There is an additional point right there. I can easily compare The comet to the others of it's type and it too comes up short. Mainly how the Pounder and Raven can EASILY be used to kill people as WELL as vehicles thanks to their larger clips and Magazines)

o_O Now then thanks to the Firing speed of T.R.s T7 it, even from a dead start can easily beat out the Lasher, (For one, you can add an upgrade to speed its Firing Rate to less than a second to full R.P.M.) especially since the T7 weapon damage depends on direct hits completely, rate of fire and semi-accurate fire compensate. (The cone of fire does not expand much at all.) It deals flinch constantly and repeatedly, messing up your enemies shots very well. o_O And thanks to its low spray and high rate of fire it can EASILY be used to lock down a hallway far better than a Lasher can dream. :eek: The Lasher requires you to know about where your opponent is standing to create the explosion denial zone, A T9 only needs a target in it's way. So while you are busy aiming at the floor guessing where they are, they are busy aiming at your red arrow and backing away making it harder for you, trying to force you to try for Direct damage, at which point they win.

:confused: I do not even NEED to say how dominant shotguns are in this game. Add a firing rate of an Assault Rifle and limit it to a Semi-Auto Triple shot burst, o_O This will give you a Jackhammer..., It has the capability to drop fully shielded heavys with 1 burst at ranges of mid and higher. So you know It can do so with everything else. ;) Beyond mid you will need to fire 2 or 3 times, but it is still delivering walls of bullets by itself. If you have 3 down a hall not even a max will make that trek in one piece (Heaven help them if you catch them off guard.) It (just like A T7) Can drop a Max by itself quickly enough to be a battle tactic. All you need to do is hit it with a rocket and finish it right on up thanks to shot speed of damage over noise made. It is a surprise weapon that handles just about anything you toss at it with ease. I often run out of ammo with it before I die sooooooo yeah. The things only downfall is it kills TOO well. Unlike with the other weapons you can stop shooting if someone tries to run past the streams of fire. o_O You have 1 time to try that with Jackhammers... :eek: Once fired they DO NOT STOP and that is your tail. (It kills friendlies just as fast as an enemy, even with the lowered damage to teammates...) :p Its downfall seems to be an increased chance at getting Equipment locked.... :D A fault I would gladly take if our Lasher had that kind of stopping power. Hahaha!

o_O Finally, the other guns can be used at night to GREAT effect. The Lasher creates Light Sources. :)mad: That is NOT A PLUS!!!!!) At night if you fire it, it tells the enemy where the shot came from and the noise it makes (Reminding me of an elephant swallowing water. Loud and terrible). Play Marco/Polo with the enemy... Without the Marco. :)p Say polo really fast and you have the guns noise. Hahaha! PLOPLOPLOPLOPLOPLOPLPOPLPLO-- "Enemy soldier down.") :( For the low damage it does, how visible it becomes, how inaccurate it is, and the amount of noise it makes, it is nothing compared to the other two. :confused: That is why you see next to nobody using one where as you will hear T7s and Jackhammers every session at least once. In fact it is a running joke on Vanu that if you are sorry enough to be killed in a one on one fight with someone using a Lasher, you should retire. (That is a VERY nice way of saying what they actually say.) The thing is a hand-held insult to soldiers. Hahahaha!

:D All for you, you special random person you! :p Hahaha!
  11. LordKrelas

If you use a Lasher, and expect it to Devastate the enemy's ability to aim, expect perfect pin-accuracy, with a free AOE Spam gun..
    That can hit around corners, and duel people with direct-fire weapons & win via their AOE gun, solo.
    Well, you aren't using it properly. The velocity needs work, but it's a damn good suppression weapon.
    Used in a group, it blocks a doorway, and can invalidate cover entirely.

If it was on the Max unit: You'd have a free AI AOE spam gun, on a heavily armored-platform, that has no drop on the projectile.
    Which would be hellish.

Mind you, hitting someone at mid-range, with a shotgun.. is a laughable thing.

Then again, this is talking about a person who calls the Saron a poor weapon... as if it was an Anti-infantry gun rather than AV.
    The Saron. The Bloody Saron.
    A damn lethal AV Sniper, with close-range Magazine-dumping.
  12. Exileant

:eek: You make it so hard to not call you names. You have posted so much bull crap, it is beyond me why you still have an account. To the STAFF, o_O you better not ever warn me again and this thing is still here.... Hahahaha!

;) The only difference is what they decided to dedicate their Data usage to. Planetside has low graphics so that the systems can handle the loading in the world and all the players it claims to hold. ;) Destiny is the nearly the polar opposite. :eek: The graphics explosions, lights sources, shadows and tinting and what has become basic Kinetic force engine that allows the body to go limp or fly in the direction of the force applied to it, are all light years ahead of Ps2's Ps3 Graphics and set script death poses. :rolleyes: Nobody said they are the same thing. (Which is why I said you lack the ability to comprehend.) They DO however work hand in hand. :D You cannot increase this games Graphics to Destiny's level and the game not just STOP because it is too much to load. :p And you cannot put 99 people in one area on Destiny without it crashing.) The games excel in different areas. o_O The graphics are almost photo realistic in Destiny, and with how many people usually grace an area, the games balance out. Destiny RARELY has lag problems even with all it is pulling.
    :confused: So yes you CAN compare the two... :rolleyes: If you have a brain that is... Both games are designed to run on the same systems. By that alone.... you can compare the two. Heck a PS4 IS a gaming P.C. Just with dedicated servers. I know mine has about 4 times the memory of a your average P.C.

o_O Games are slaves to the HARDWARE they are built to play on....

;) So anymore brays that come from your face, or in this case, fingers on this matter; please refer to Genger. :p You remember her, right? Hahaha! :D Done with you... like worn thong done next to a puppies bed done. :eek: Just blown out and chewed up done.
  13. Exileant

:D Forum Jockey.... I only speak on the things I actually do myself. I do not rely on people word. However you have by your own admission found 2 others that have said all 3 shots do damage. :p I need to type no more. :confused: You debunked yourself. That would be the new record to beat. ;) Debunking ones self. I do not think I can top that. Hahaha!

:rolleyes: And I said that was the only EXCEPTION where the coolest toy belonged to the good guys (Batman), and it wound up saving the day. o_O I said the funny thing was even though in that one movie it was the baddest toy in the land, HE was not the one driving it. :p READING......Try it. If the badguys had nothing cool nor better than the good guys, that would make quite a lame enemy. And poor conflict makes terrible stories. Maybe you need to get some creative writing courses in your life to learn what makes a story great.... :confused: Try college, you obviously were not born with this gift....

:( I read you out of pity.... :rolleyes: You know people will pick T.R.s looks over Vanu's That is why T.R. is so big now. You know how decent Lightning Drivers fight. :D You do not want to ask around because you know you will be proven wrong by someone other than eventually yourself.... again.... :eek: Get out of here with your non-sense. Hahaha!
  14. Exileant

o_O I do not have TIME for you, Krelas.... :mad: Go back to liking Demi's posts. I can deal with a silent you but a chatty you with explanations that I have to decode like it is a dead language is frustrating to the point of me going up 2 or 3 battle ranks in one session.... :confused: What is NOT hellish about a dual rapid fire Mini-guns, or dual Auto Shotguns? :D Get out of here with your non-sense.... That is not an excuse. All I am reading is whining, and that is why Vanu is so messed up now. :( Cowards like you.
  15. LordKrelas

An Auto-shotgun, is a vastly different threat, one that doesn't scale up, unlike an AOE bubble you can spam fire.
    Shotguns have many many practical issues; The Max solves a few, by sheer durability.
    However, it does not scale up, and is rendered harmless at range;
    Firing a Lasher, let alone double, is a long-range to close-range AOE spam threat, that can ignore cover entirely.
    The ease of multiple users focus-firing, together, or near the same target, to increase the effect, is vastly simpler, and goes far.
    This trick, doesn't work with Shotguns; Their range bracket is too small & unreliable for it.

Dual Miniguns, are close to the VS AI weapons.
    Only NC's shotguns, are actually different in a meaningful way.

From a tactical stand-point, Raining down AOE fire for any period of time without a single nanite cost, amplifying & creating death-zones, around any point at will, with any coordination, removing the ability to use cover by a single weapon system.
    Add in the ability to utilize ever-more units, to further increase effectiveness on the same target area or multiples, and this AOE spam wins.
    Beats the ability to unload a short long-reload alpha-strike up close; As tactically, that isn't a reliable trick, nor does it scale up.
    It's why people find Grenades more useful than throwing knives; And then even more, as they have more of these than either of grenades or Knives.

Cowardance is an amusing notion.
    I'll happily duel enemy MBTs with an Archer, in an open-field, or On their face.
    Personal attacks, from no where, as well.

VS hasn't been lacking proper tools, or weaponry.
    VS has an effective tool-box.
  16. Campagne

How lovely. :p

Unfortunately, I hate to break it to you but all heavy weapons are pretty bad. Lasher may be the weakest of the three in a direct fight but it does offer a purpose the other two are incapable of.

The weapon has low velocity and recoil as a balancing factor. Together they create a relationship between the size of an area the weapon can hold and the range the weapon is being fired from, where as on increases the other decreases. Suffice to say long range Lasher spam cannot hold a large area effectively whereas a closer range Lasher can. However, the closer the Lasher gets to the enemy the higher the risk. Balance.

The MCG suffers in direct combat because of the low base accuracy and spin-up mechanic. By the time the weapon have reached it's maximum fire rate another weapon could have already killed the target. Some weapons, notably the GD-7F and Serpent, which already feature the same damage per shot while sporting a higher RoF without a firing delay. At best the MCG is comparable to other weapons.

I think you'll find shotguns in PS2 are resoundingly terrible and often fail to perform their sole function better than most any other weapon. At point blank a semi-auto shotgun generally fairs worse than a carbine, AR, or LMG would.

But to be specific to the Jackhammer, the weapon deals the least damage per shot of any shotgun in the game, less than even the Magscatter, with a total maximum damage potential of 560 damage per shell. This is due to the JH having a pathetic 5 pellets per shot while tied in RoF with all other ES semi-auto shotguns at 225 RPM. Bursting is a bad idea due to the massive recoil when fired in the burst-fire mode combined with the terrible damage per shot and low number of pellets likely to land in any given shell.

The Jackhammer is the worse shotgun in the entire game bar none. The sole exception being the Magscatter, due to the massive difference in magazine size and slight RoF advantage. If they had the same magazine the Magscatter would be better.

There isn't a gun in the entirety of PS2 which doesn't give off bright and highly visible tracers.

According to http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/items/weapons/subtype/heavy gun, there are more Lashers about than Jackhammers. Fancy that. ;)
    • Up x 1
  17. Demigan

There's a ton of difference, which is what I'm getting at. The different data usage is the entire problem! And to say that the PS4 can handle stuff just because it can handle Destiny, which you admit uses completely different data, is completely bullcrap! "Oh hey people my CPU can handle X data so without a GPU I'll be fine". Seriously you ever thought about why we need a GPU in the first place and not just have a much bigger CPU? They work as much hand in hand as a CD drive and the hard disk on your PC: Sure they communicate with each other but when it comes down to it they are for completely different purposes (even though a hard disk and CD are much closer to each other). yadayada lack of ability to comprehend much?
    Hell you even admit that Destiny can't have that many players in one area! Which is the entire point of PS2! What the actual fornication are you thinking if you try to compare the two on area's that you apparently know are completely different?

This is very nice, let's see how that comes to bite you:

So you do not rely on other people's words but you do rely on the two people who agree with you?
    And those 2 players agreeing with you suddenly makes the 16+ players that agree with me obsolete?
    And those 2 players do not say "all shots deal damage", they say "the ghost shot deals damage", but they do not give an explanation to what shot they think is the ghost shot.

So I just loaded up my TR character and went into the VR room. I first used the Viper Lightning: Fired 6 shots, counted how long it took for a re-arm (seems like the re-arm tick goes faster after the first one even if it took you back to full ammo, so it basically tries to re-arm until it has 1 tick where you are still full). Then I timed my shots so it would coincide with a re-arm tick.

7 shots (one extra), 7 hits, the last one didn't deal any damage to my target. Target was alive afterwards (a Sunderer)

Then I tried the Prowler with the same method: 4 shots fired, 4 hits, the last 2 didn't deal damage.

Hey that debunks everything you've said! And it's a practical method to try it out! And you can do it right now in-game! Hey you are full of it like I always said! Wonderful.

I am reading and all I see is a sad excuse that even Batman, the guy who's all about the toys and tools (and who's mirror is Tony Stark, who's even more of a badass-toy user) is somehow not using the best toys.

So... How do you know that people pick TR's looks over Vanu's? It's like saying "no one will play the Vanu's as you can't spell it without Anus". It has no basis in fact anywhere. Also I haven't seen any "decent lightning drivers" come to your aid on this.
    • Up x 1
  18. iPervy

Speaking of trends of folks picking what factions, I personally play all 3 (Always just choose whichever one has the least pop) but lean toward NC given a even pop.

Just my thoughts here but I always notice NC tends to just cultivates a little less competent, and least vehicle oriented folks. Also are most prone to get distracted like cats in platoon. Vanu is the opposite attracting generally smarter players in general and has a decent balance in vehicle use and lots of air. TR to me tends to be in the middle somewhere, but leaning closer to the Vanu side in competence, and usually most apt to following commands - also most vehicle oriented. I'm grossly generalizing though of course as the wind can quickly toss everything out the window any moment haha. That said, all 3 make dumb decisions strategically in platoons, but without question NC does it the most.

Pop between the 3 factions have changed alot over the years since release (Just my experiance once more as varies by server). Used to be TR was heavily populated followed by a decent bit lower NC then Vanu a far 3rd. Nowadays it tends to jump around all 3 though hmm some servers NC is more dominate, others TR. Then even different hours leans towards certain factions haha but that was more a thing due to china I think.

Love playing NC/Vanu, but have to admit I feel TR is the best faction personally haha just that high bullet count. And since I like the burst weapons its 42 rounds to a mag usually. Also their top tier default pistol is just the best thing in cqc haha.
    • Up x 1
  19. Demigan

Since the Vanu, TR and NC have a per-player vehicle usage that is nearly identical your assessment of vehicle usage is already biased. You can look at usage numbers and use population density per faction to verify this.

Also VS more competent? Why? How? When? I havent seen it yet, as both playing against and for them. And their NS/carbon copy weapon statistics show no superiority to the other two factions, theres even an (insignificant) trend for VS to score ever so slightly lower with many of such weapons! How could that be if they are somehow magic competence dudes?

I think you are confusing faction-weapons with skill. Many of NC's weapons have a high punishment for misses. Yes NC's arsenal has some great and awesome weapons easily capable of keeping up with the other two factions but the average seems to indicate NC's arsenal isnt so good for the average player. The SAW is a prime example: it punishes new players and only becomes useful with a high minimum skill. In the meantime ease-of-use weapons have consistently become the OP weapons and havr consistenly beaten out other weapons, the NS-15 if I recall is a prime example as DPS or damage per magazine wise its crap but the ease of use puts it in a top spot for usage.
    So you assume skill based on the arsenal's ease of use. VS on top with the most easy to use weapons and NC at the bottom.

Again, ease of use seems to substitute competence. That is not an insult but an observation: you see a player do better with an easier to use weapon and assume his skill is superior rather than his weapon.
  20. iPervy

Haha ease up my friend, I'm just listing my thoughts though I'd love to year yours (I mean this truly).

Also I didn't even know you could look up vehicle usage so I'm actually very surprised my thoughts reflected anything factual as I was just going by what I noticed purely playing the game myself. Have to admit I'm feeling pretty good since I didn't put much thought into it haha. (actually would really appreciate where you can find that info if possible though)

In terms of competence I mean more in terms of following orders and executing on them. I only ever play in public platoons sometimes leading when I feel up to it, and it seems to me Vanu and TR just do a better job following orders, and executing them in good time.

For example, If I say or the command is given to pull armor/air/maxs to do X, I notice NC usually is the one to take longest to do it and takes multiple reminders or sometimes outright just don't do it (albeit understandably in some scenarios - haha I myself am pretty infantry only). In turn both VS and TR are much quicker (usually) to follow the orders and get in line to move forward.

Another scenario is we are capturing/defending say a hex and things go sour and its obvious fighting there will be a fruitless effort to continue fighting there. I say we need to redeploy to another location &or spawn into galaxies. For some darn reason NC public platoon wise far and away will tend to stay there and keep fighting a losing battle (once again understandably for the certs/fun) instead of quickly moving to the next objective. Now every platoon in any faction will have stragglers, but NC is noticeably more likely (imo of course).

Hm, another situation is say we need to stop/reverse cap, but to do so it would take the terrible command of having to rush the point even if it means dying quickly in the process - we just gotta switch the cap over for just a little longer to capture the base. Once again NC is the most likely to have eggs that will stay around the spawn area or wander around instead of bum rushing the point.

That all said It may seem I'm being being overly negative on NC, but its really not that big of variable difference overall. Its just that if were looking at the extremes it tends to lean toward NC not being as effective. - not because of weapons, though that certainly plays a great factor, but because I personally feel NC tends to attract a more independent thinking kind of player as appose to the other two factions.

Haha I'm a proud NC main, but I know the cards are usually stacked against us for a variety of other reasons such as lower time to kill, less maneuverable air, maxs terrible against another faction max (hm even at close range sometimes), default pistol is quiet possibly one of the worse there is imo. Of course we have advantages to such as decent bolt action sniper, solid mbt, more damage total per mag compared to VS, great unlockable weapon selection, have weapons have higher damage values than other factions, and even a somewhat passable Arnold voice. All of these although very important they are really quite secondary to the more significant factor of the mindset of the playerbase which is being able to often times forgo personal wants, and act toward the larger goal of winning the battle in loo of looking happy at your KD, cert gain, kill streak, and even fun. Haha NC is just has more folks that want to do their own thing that are more likely to put that before winning the battle (to my observation of course - and were speaking in extremes).

All that said once more all of this can change with the wind haha. More times than not every faction is usually a good time given the lead has charisma, and I don't get to lax with communication or get to strict with asking to much in loo of letting everyone have a good time (theres always a fine line).