A thank you to SOE from my gunner

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MFP_TK_01, Nov 16, 2013.

1. MFP_TK_01

Right, so just home from a major road trip. Stopped in the town my gunner lives in and spent the night there. He was showing me some of the things he had done to his tank and I spent some considerable time filling him in on OMFG and some of the other items (like the drop pod mechanics, commander spawn, tank camo coverage, etc.).

Now we have always been bottlenecked by his system because it only has 2g of ram, so in big fights he starts to still frame. This is part of the reason why we fly so much and it's also a major reason why we don't run on Indar that much. But he got in, I had him bring up his FPS, and he went to indar and started traveling around. Now granted, his frames still weren't awesome, he was hitting mid 20's at best, but he was doing so at places like The Crown while on foot and the game remained playable for him the entire time. No stutters, no still frames. Needless to say it was an awkward situation for me to have to watch a grown man act like a giddy schoolgirl.

So to SOE, you basically just delivered him an early Christmas present. He loves this game as much as I do and he can't wait to start joining in the bigger events with the rest of the troops. So he says Thank You with a huge grin on his face.
  2. Morti

While this is great and all.. 2gb ram srsly?

ram's cheap, can't he afford to at least go up to 4gb?
    • Up x 1
  3. MFP_TK_01

Rams' not the issue, it's his board, it only allows for 2g ram. And if he gets a new board, he needs to get a new processor as well. That's all scheduled for February.
  4. Bloodwod

Yep, OMFG enabled a bunch of our friends to start playing again too. A few are actually ultra-competitive who stopped playing before because their FPS put them as a disadvantage. It's been great for our gaming community.