[Suggestion] a solution to the win-shield?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by GHostmarine101, Dec 4, 2014.

1. xMaxdamage

I'm pretty sure resist gives already more HP than NMG/adrenaline shield if the HA has full HP. been a long time I don't check the numbers tho

NMG and adrenaline are much more skill based than resist.
    you activate resist before attacking and keep it until done, end of story. little to 0 activation time so you can simply jump in and out from cover popping and turning off it, pretty braindead IMHO.

while with the other two, you dont activate them before firing, because you will waste HP while not being hit. the best moment to activate it is before the fatal bullet reaches you.
    and you can't activate/deactivate spam it cause the activation cost will eat its efficency.
  2. xMaxdamage

won't reply to ppl that don't even read what they quote, sorry
  3. Reclaimer77

Good, run away. On this forum there's no magical I-Win button for you to use is there?
  4. Leivve

Mesh you just turn on and win. Resist shield requires you to have it up before hand. if you get caught with it down by a infiltrator or a LA every bullet before you pop your shield GREATLY reduced your defensive ability.

That's why I want it to be stronger and the default. Because it rewards skilled players who can get it up before they take damage, but still rewards players who can catch them with it down.
  5. Maxor

This is a fairly radical idea so the change alone would make many HAs lose faith in the class.

First off, if a nooby gets the drop on an HA and they land all their shots not matter what they should win. One of the hardest things to tell in this game, when you are using a fairly high RoF weapon, is if you actually miss a few rounds. Playing as an HA you notice this kind of well because it takes 6 rounds to kill a person but in many cases, using for example the Orion, i could spend 12 rounds to kill a single guy 5m away from me. So ok I account for server latency on his death, that'd be 1-3 rounds but what about the other 3? If I was aiming for his head or if hes moving even just a bit i most likely missed. I play HA very often and I can tell when a nooby fires at me because he opens up , I hear the sound take a round or two. Then I move, turn, activate NMG (all taking a second-ish depending) and fire back once I narrow where he is. In many cases the nooby (usually a LA) rushes to point blank firing which in all this time he misses most of his shots.

Second, have you (or anyone else reading this) ever tried playing HA without NMG/AdNMG/RMG? Its ridiculously hard. You can never beat a decent LA, Infil or Medic 1v1 as in most cases the LA gets the height/surprise advantage, the Medic uses his superior medium range and the Infil either jumps you or just ventilates your brain with 1-2 long range rounds. The HA's advantage is lasting through some fire and closing distances. HA doesn't get Adrenaline Pump so what do we do if we lose NMG? You hide and don't move..

Third, in all the cases you (or anyone else reading this) have faced a HA was it 1v1? If so and your not a LA or Infil then why are you doing such a thing? HA is designed to kill. LA and Infil are designed to kill them. Medics and Engis are support based classes and should rely on HA and LA to protect them (HA by being in front, LA by flanking).

Fourth, if some how HA gets changed with NMG, the only thing that gives them an edge over other infantry, and it drastically affects how they function in being a front line killing machine then isn't it unfair you just took 1 of the 2 only things HA can do? (Other being anti vehicle, but engi and vehicle do it better (per single user case) anyways...).

Fifth, by altering the HAs base survival in fast paced long battles you will increase their need on waiting meaning if you are an Engi or Medic then this will affect you too. This will increase the need for HAs to grab Advance Shield Capacitor, leaving other HA armor slots not wanted. HAs will also be more afraid to advance, slowing battle. LAs will be given more liberties to run and gun leaving everyone a bit more paranoid of higher places. Also HAs won't last as well in a firefight leaving you (the support guy they love and trust) vulnerable to enemy advance.

Sixth, this may sound petty but I have to bring it up. The original HA design before beta was meant to be more brutal, for others, not them. They were meant to mitigate at least an extra round worth of damage on all hit boxes and ALSO get NMG. They were also supposed to have access to Assault Rifles and Carbines leaving them the only class that could wield everything but snipers. Now this discussion on nerfing/changing HA NMG has had a recent rise but a year ago it didn't exist that much. I think people have gotten too complacent with the order of things and want more class changes put in. Since SOE has been delivering on the class buffs now people want class nerfs to make up for it and I believe this rise in posts is also due to the poor performance in server latency we've been experiencing the past 3-4 months thats been getting slightly worse.
    • Up x 3
  6. AlterEgo

One of the many LogicSide warriors who are fighting the enemy. The last thing we need is a nerf, man, and the HA is absolutely not in need of one.
  7. Khallixtus

Numbers show that the GD-7F will out dps any LMG. In fact, it will out dps most things before 10m, with a TTK of 0.496545 seconds. The T9 Carv has a TTK of 0.58 and the Gauss Saw 0.6 seconds. Please only paste comments like that if you know what you are talking about.

Anyway, back to the real discussion. The overshield is a very powerful tool in combat, however, it is what makes them the best fighters. It is their class specialty, being able to beat any other class in a straight up 1v1. Other classes have their own advantages. Light Assaults can fly, giving them amazing vantage and shooting points, putting them in areas people don't expect, giving them a headstart on others, and often easier headshots. They also have access to Carbines, which are pretty much LMGs with smaller clips made for close quarters, with better close quarters dps in some cases and much better hip fire. Engineers are basically Light Assaults that cant fly, but can replenish ammunition, repair stuff, set down automatic turrets, or make and use turrets of their own. Medics heal, that's pretty obvious. There AoE heal can easily replenish large groups health bars easily, but it wont work in a fight, making you take 1 bullet more, or 2 if its long range and its harder to hit someone. Infiltrators have stealth, and can opt for sniping, or can use some very powerful SMGs, which if used from behind a heavy, where he cant see his opponent, a half decent shot will easily burn them down.

In other words, if you come across a heavy in a straight up 1v1, expect to be beaten. Unless you are also a heavy In which case it depends on who has the better gun for the job and who has more skill at shooting people. Or if its >10 metres and one of them has a Jackhammer set to 3-burst, which will instakill anything that isnt a max if you land 90% of the shots. Yes, it does a total of something like 2100 damage.

And another question, if you complain about the straight up damage soaker overshield, which soaks up 700 (I think) damage, why not complain about the damage halving one, which can absorb a total of 1000 damage?
  8. ATRA_Wampa-One

Two things that need to be fixed on HA.

1. Very low TTK weapons like shotguns and SMG's that need to be taken away.
    2. Headshot's ignore the overshield.
    This is coming from someone that has the Betelgeuse and not some non HA scrub.
  9. Khallixtus

I definitely like the idea of removing SMGs from the HA arsenal, it just makes close quarters unfair. But shotguns can stay, otherwise NC Heavies would have a huge advantage in close quarters with their faction specific Jackhammer. And removing shotguns from the HA just seems wrong as well.

Don't like the part where headshots bypass overshield. Many skilled players get most of their damage from headshots, and this will make HA a class that only works against newbies, and no good against anyone that knows how to land a few headshots. This will leave them much weaker, with their only advantage over other classes their anti-armour capabilities if their opponent can land headshots effectively.
  10. Voross

I like the idea of removing the SMG's as well.

As far as the overshields are concerned, I think a shorter duration/less damage absorbtion but as a compensation a shorter cooldown and no more penality on the movement speed would be good. This would make the ability much more dynamic and increase the skill required to be a "good" HA player. Activated at the right moment you could still do what you can do now but you can't just activate it and tank all the enemies or activate it when you're "caught with your pants down" and survive to tell the tale. Of course this is only my opinion as a non-HAscrub. So I'm open for criticism ;)
  11. Chazt

This hasn't been looked at in a long while but I think my old thread still applies here for the most part. The heavy is honestly only good for his killing potential and cannot support his team in any other way. His job is literally "shoot stuff" with nothing else padded on to it, he has the most kill potential in a class to be sure, but also the least to contribue outside of that. Give it a quick read if you're interested. https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...y-assault-is-fine-thread.191172/#post-2772189