[Suggestion] A small buff for the T5-AMC Carbine?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by TheArchetype, Mar 2, 2013.

1. irishroy

i already apologized, so there is no need to keep on peing...

sure, but where to?
  2. Wolfwood82

I noticed the lack of improved hip fire carbine for the NC when I was drawing up the CQC stats to show that TR favored DPM over DPS. Wasn't quite sure what to do about that. Thanks for pointing that out though, makes a lot more sense that each empire is missing something from their arsenal.

So chances are the T5-AMC won't be buffed at all. Though I won't discount a possible new gun being created for us as well as the other two empires. An excellent observation sir.

I guess this thread is based on the misconception that the T5-AMC is our "sniper" carbine and is suppose to have a lot of upfront damage at range similar to the AC-X11 and Pulsar C, when really it's our long range spam carbine like the Razor GD-23, and we just don't have a sniper carbine... Yet...

I guarantee you that the GD-7F is no Jaguar when it comes to hip fire accuracy though. Your best equivalents might be your SMGs. I can hip fire just fine with the Lynx, that does not mean it is as good as the Jaguar.
  3. FieldMarshall

Assuming T5 is the TR long range carbine and the Pulsar C and AC-11X is the VS and NC equivalent, being the only carbines to equip AdvGrip:

The advantages the T5 has:
    The best bullet velocity at 570 (NC at 480 . VS at 515). Slap HV ammo on and you got sniper rifle velocities.
    Horizontal recoil only moves to the right making it easier to control compared to NC and VS who moves both left and right.
    The best vertical recoil at 0.3. (NC at 0.45 VS at 0.4)
    The least aimed bloom per shot at 0.5 (NC 0.7 VS at 0.6)
    40 round magazine.

The amazing bullet velocity and horizontal recoil makes it very dangerous in the hands of someone who can rake in headshots at range.
    Making it pretty easy to get headshot on even moving targets.
    Its not a very good gun overall mainly cause of the crap DPS, but it fills the role of a very accurate ranged carbine well in my opinion
  4. Iridar51

5. Kayth

I think TR should just get a more specialized carbine for mid-long range and leave the T5 AMC as is. There isn't really a reason to change something from filling an interesting niche role just to streamline it, if more content could be added. I think this is a more fun approach player wise, due to having more options.
  6. Corezer

vs lmg lol
  7. Wolfwood82

Every time a thread is necro'ed, God kills a baby panda.... by force feeding it kittens...